Disloyalty

Started by clavering codhead, May 28, 2013, 08: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Last time I looked David Riddle wasn't a councillor and given that, with Tory support, members of the public can't even ask questions at council meetings now, the chances of them being allowed to propose motions to the council look remote.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

DRiddle

I think we're probably beyond it mattering who proposed it and we should just be grateful that the inquiry has opened up the can of worms even further.

For what it's worth my recollection is that i'd had some communication with Councillor Lilley via e-mail and the suggestion of asking for the inquiry came up. (It doesn't really matter by whom). I pushed for it via my question and he already had the motion ready. (Remember they have to be tabled a week in advance). i think it was going to be proposed later on it the meeting anyway, but given my question and the whole 'catch the rabbit' thing which followed, he took the opportunity to propose the motion then.

Although as i say, what matters is the inquiry has happened/is happening.

To be completely honest though, I knew literally NOTHING of the 'apparent' goings on within HBC until a chance encounter with SteveL and a few Councillors/would be councillors via a 'hustings' I organised at the college I worked at at that time.

I became familiar with HTH, took an interest and quickly became possibly the second most hated member of the public within the local Labour group. (SteveL being the first  ;)  ).

It's a badge of honour I wear with pride and will continue to do so until Labour becomes Labour again within Hartlepool.

SRMoore

Quote from: fred c on June 04, 2013, 06: PM
Remind me Shane, did your elected councillors vote for the proposal to do away with Public Questions or not ??????.

Yes they did, Fred - Much to my dismay and as I have said on numerous occasions.

(You see, Steve that's how you admit your party did something wrong, it really isn't that hard.)

steveL

Quote from: SRMoore on June 04, 2013, 07: PM
Quote from: fred c on June 04, 2013, 06: PM
Remind me Shane, did your elected councillors vote for the proposal to do away with Public Questions or not ??????.

Yes they did, Fred - Much to my dismay and as I have said on numerous occasions.

(You see, Steve that's how you admit your party did something wrong, it really isn't that hard.)

I'll bear it in mind should the situation ever arise.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.