Disloyalty

Started by clavering codhead, May 28, 2013, 08: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clavering codhead

Nice letter in the red flag tonight from  Barclay about disloyalty, apparently Brash and Hargreaves expulsion from the party was petulant and self imposed!
All because they tend to believe in free speech and didn't want to get rid of open questions to Councillors at meetings.
He is right when he says it was petulant but not from these two, it was from the Labour group who couldn't have anyone oppose them but don't mind the likes of Wilcox being in the party.

steveL

11 years we've waited for the Hartlepool Mail to mention the name of this web site. We've been called a social media site, a community pressure group site, a 'local' website.......anything but

So THANKS Allan ....and I'm sure you'll find another friend soon. ;)
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Inspector Knacker

It's like reading the letters page in North korea....

The running dog imperialist lackeys who have betrayed and shown disloyalty to the dear leaders, the party and the workers  should know the collective wisdom of the peoples party will always lead us down the path of enlightenment ......... all who oppose the will of the party and cannot bow to it's divine wisdom deserve the contempt of all, there is no alternatve to the wisdom of the dear leaders. Decadent attitudes to so called democracy and the lunatic idea of the workers thinking any other way than the way of the party, prove talk of mere workers questioning the wisdom of the great leaders as impossible to even imagine. Blwh, blah, blah drone, chunter, ramble zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz [ /b]
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

craig finton

Workers? The relationship between the present Labour Group and 'the workers' is entirely fake. This is all about self-interest and the greater loyalty is not to 'the party' but to the people of this town.

Noseyp

I think they're quite clever.

What they've done is made sure that the majority of Hartlepool voters don't care, meaning the number voting against them will be lower than the number of I always vote labour zombies.

ARC86

Workers? The relationship between the present Labour Group and 'the workers' is entirely fake. This is all about self-interest and the greater loyalty is not to 'the party' but to the people of this town.

Spot on! Been saying this for months.. This local Labour Party no longer represents me and will not be getting anymore of my votes for some considerable time.. Hence my post on the subject 2 weeks ago.. they just seem content playing politics with peoples lives

Private Fraser

I've never read such a vitriolic piece of bile in my life. Nice one Allan, shows off your true colours and level of nastiness that is prevalent in the local Labour Party. 
"Those who are capable of tyranny are capable of perjury to sustain it."

Private Fraser

"Clegg, Milliband, Cameron and Farage, all ex-public schoolboys who have never had a real job in their lives." Steve Allison

Yup, sums up our local Labour Council accurately as well. Plus some of the Tories.

norfolkngoode

Quote from: Private Fraser on May 29, 2013, 07: PM
I've never read such a vitriolic piece of bile in my life. Nice one Allan, shows off your true colours and level of nastiness that is prevalent in the local Labour Party.

I have to agree, although his letter did just make me laugh. It was a great public display of everything that is wrong with the local Liebour party/supporters.
'They don't like it up em'

ARC86

stephen i shall do that, that said i do support Labour nationally, but i do accept all the points you make and also believe them to be true! But what is the alternative? Like you say the political class is bigger than any other class.. I do remember Dennis Skinner commenting on this in his "tribute" to Thatcher!

fred c

Quote from: stephen allison on May 30, 2013, 04: PM
Quote from: ARC86 on May 30, 2013, 01: PMBut what is the alternative?

So by all means support Labour nationally. It makes not the slightest difference to them or Hartlepool. The best thing that could happen to Hartlepool would be if Labour LOST the seat here because you would then have the situation where the party that won would be working hard to try and keep it and Labour would be working hard to get it back.

You have just about hit the nail on the head Steve......

We couldn`t be any worse off than we are now, we have had a Labour MP in Hartlepool for 50 years or more & I for 1 can`t think of any difference it has made to the town.....

Whoopssssssss just thought, I can think of 1 Major Difference...... We don`t have a proper Hospital

ARC86

Point taken.. like you say voter loyalty is huge especially in this town.. but can we really see anybody taking Mr Wrights seat in 2015? If this is to be the case then i believe it could take 5 years minimum to get whoever it maybes case across.. Just look at Ian Cameron in the mayoral election did a lot better second time around than the first.. but he let it be known he was gonna stand for mayor a number of years previously.. if somebody really has the will to do it, and it would be a very long project, then i believe it could be done!

Private Fraser

At least when Ian (Cameron) stood for Mayor, he did it every time, he showed a willingness and level of commitment which gained a large chunk of respect as well as an increased share of the vote each time. It showed he wanted the job and he wanted to make a difference, which I have no doubt he would have.

Of the other candidates at the last couple of  mayoral elections you could almost see the tickets for the gravy train in the pockets of most of them. "Four years on £80K plus per annum, I'll have some of that!" could have been on their election leaflets.

The point is - for a local election for MP, be it General or By-Election, there has never been consistent opposition for the Labour candidate. Every election there is someone different. Labour wins and the opposition candidates disappear like smoke, even the credible ones.

Either Tory or Lib Dem candidates (sometimes both) are parachuted in to stand in Hartlepool and cut their teeth on a safe Labour seat. At least at the last Election there was two locals fighting to beat the incumbent: Alan Wright and Stephen Allison. Two good blokes with Hartlepool in their hearts and minds who may well have cancelled each other out and split the opposition vote. I can't remember the Lib Dem, he was too busy unwrapping his parachute. Oh, then there was the BNP candidate.

If there is going to be a change, which so many people here are crying out for, there needs to be someone nailing their colours to an Independent (i.e not Lab, Tory or Lib) mast and starting a campaign well before election time is due. We know when the next General Election will be so somebody should stand up now and start being a thorn in the side of Mr Wright and his so called Labour colleagues. If the attempt fails in 2015, go back again in 2020.

It will take commitment but a local person with backing, exposure and a campaign over time will cause all sorts of trouble and just may unseat our Honourable Member. I can't see the Tories doing anything next election (Shane, you up for it?) and the Lib Dems have lost credibility by the cartload over the Coalition. So now is the true Independents chance. Any volunteers?

SRMoore

Quote from: Private Fraser on May 30, 2013, 09: PM
I can't see the Tories doing anything next election (Shane, you up for it?)

As much as I love my town, no. I have a young family to raise and enjoy as well as project I am working on.

Vincent

Private Fraser says - "If there is going to be a change, which so many people here are crying out for, there needs to be someone nailing their colours to an Independent (i.e not Lab, Tory or Lib) mast and starting a campaign well before election time is due. We know when the next General Election will be so somebody should stand up now and start being a thorn in the side of Mr Wright and his so called Labour colleagues. If the attempt fails in 2015, go back again in 2020"

Stephen Allison has tried and tried again, now he comes across as a bitter loser

Private Fraser also says - "the Lib Dems have lost credibility by the cartload over the Coalition"

From LibDem HQ -

This Coalition has been remarkably radical; it still has work to do; and the best way for us to serve and improve Britain is by finishing what we started.
From now until that election, the Coalition will remain focused on the biggest task at hand – fixing the economy.

Our priorities must be people's priorities: boosting business, creating jobs, helping with the cost of living.

On the big ticket items the Coalition parties must continue to find a way forward together. Just as we have done on cutting income tax; dealing with the deficit; creating a million new jobs; transforming the education and welfare systems; providing unprecedented guarantees – £50bn worth – for infrastructure and new homes; greening our economy; creating record numbers of apprenticeships.

We made a commitment to the people of Britain: we promised to govern responsibly and to stay focused on the issues that matter most. That has not changed. It will not change. And we are more determined than ever that we finish what we started.

Cutting taxes for working people is our number one priority.

We are delivering the £10,000 personal allowance from April 2014 – one year earlier than planned. The personal allowance will increase by a further £560 to £10,000 in 2014-15.

The 10k tax threshold means the Liberal Democrats have:
•   Delivered a £700 income tax cut for 24m working people
•   Cut the income tax bill for an average working family by a third
•   Taken 2.7m people out of paying income tax altogether
•   Cut the income tax bill for someone working full-time on the minimum wage by 60%

Thanks to the Liberal Democrats more than 20m working people are now paying £600 a year less than they were under Labour, as the tax threshold rises to £9,440. Someone earning the minimum wage will have seen their Income Tax bill cut in half.

Liberal Democrats have helped to create:
•   Jobs for young people – 1.2m apprentices started since 2010
•   Jobs in manufacturing – Billions invested in science, high tech manufacturing and renewable energy
•   £2.6bn in our Regional Growth Fund, giving money to businesses around the country
•   Huge infrastructure projects to improve Britain's roads, railways and housing
•   £2,000 cash back to employers to make it more affordable to take on staff

Liberal Democrats have increased the state pension to £110/week through our pensions triple lock and will introduce a flat rate pension of £144/week. Steve Webb's Pensions Bill, which will introduce a single tier state pension, will make saving for retirement simpler and fairer, encouraging saving.

The Pupil Premium targets extra money to schools depending on the number of children from disadvantaged backgrounds they have. It is a major Liberal Democrat priority that is being delivered by the Coalition Government. For 2013/14, the Premium will be worth £1.65bn, or £900 per pupil, in total. By 2015, it will be worth £2.5bn a year.

Vote Liberal Democrats if you want a hard working representative