What do you think will be next to go?

Started by Inspector Knacker, May 26, 2013, 06: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

As the town appears to bebeing asset stripped of services, what will wevlose next......? The courts, registrars........? I bet the trust could give a plausible case for moving the lifeboat to Yarm ............after prolonged consultation with the relevant bodies, we have decided a lifeboat station next to the sea is neither a viable or practical proposition as it is too far removed from the maintenance facility at Yarm.  We therefore intend to hold a consultation before shutting it down and moving it to a proposed state of the art location in the back of beyond. Seafarers can rest assured that moving the lifeboat station inland 15 miles will in fact enhance their safety and are reminded that that calling the life boat puts pressure on the srvice, so swimming towards one of the multi millionc pound minor injury rafts or a nearby coble will help us no end.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

not4me

Housing Hartlepool (Vela) is now said to be moving to Stockton and there have already been several goes at moving the magistrates court to Middlesbrough.

The Great Dictator

The Dole office to Middlesbrough, now that would be funny !

Maybe next door to the magistrates court, kill two birds with one stone ??

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Considering births and deaths are now likely to be in a Stockton hospital, moving the registrar there appears to be logical.

I only wish they could move the landfill sites out of town too.
I don't believe it.

Private Fraser

These closures and moving offices/services to Stockton and Middlesbrough imply only one thing as far as I am concerned. Its all being sacrificed to make way for the City of Tees Valley.

I'm sure that Hartlepool will become just a suburb of Tees Valley City or Greater Middlesbrough if the unelected and anonymous  get their way. I am quite open to being called a conspiracy theorist but mark my words.

If THEY get their way Hartlepool will disappear from the map and people will refer to The Bombardment of Teesside in 1914 or How the Tees Valley Folk Hung the Monkey.

"Those who are capable of tyranny are capable of perjury to sustain it."

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Private Fraser on May 27, 2013, 09: PM

I'm sure that Hartlepool will become just a suburb of Tees Valley City or Greater Middlesbrough if the unelected and anonymous  get their way. I am quite open to being called a conspiracy theorist but mark my words.

Actually, in 1996, when Cleveland County Council ended, they name Greater Middlesbrough was one of the names advocated for a Tees wide authority to replace Cleveland......I suspect the advoctes of a Greater Teesside neverreally went away.... I remember the offer of a parish council for the whole of Hartlepool if we stayed in a Teesside wide authority.

fred c

It does make sense to share some services with other authorities, but the key word is "Share" our towns services should not be replaced by letting the Tees Valley Brigade take them away from Hartlepool.

We can only hope that our governing group will fight tooth & nail to retain our services in Hartlepool....................

I jest of course, if its left to "The Mob" we will no longer be known as Monkeyhangers........ rather we will come under the Smoggies Banner.

ARC86

The whole council? What are the chances of going back to a county council? albeit a Tees Valley one?

Inspector Knacker

:(
Quote from: ARC86 on May 30, 2013, 01: PM
The whole council? What are the chances of going back to a county council? albeit a Tees Valley one?
After thr Cleveland 'experience' who would ever want to go back whatever the name, it was a disaster for Hartlepool while certain places did very well indeed out of it.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

I wish my address ended with

Hartlepool
Co. Durham
Scotland

...then build a wall across the country starting at the mouth of the Tees.
I don't believe it.

norfolkngoode

Quote from: Riddler5 on May 30, 2013, 02: PM
After thr Cleveland 'experience' who would ever want to go back whatever the name, it was a disaster for Hartlepool while certain places did very well indeed out of it.

You dont have to look far to see what happens when you are controlled by a council based elswhere.......

Look at Billingham under the control of Stockton Borough council. Completely, underfunded, and neglected. IMHO of course.

Perhaps someone can confirm this......Is it true that Billingham town centre has been sold for 20 million?........ And Stockton council are currently redeveloping their high street again!.... At a cost of........ You guessed it 20 million?
'They don't like it up em'

fred c

Quote from: norfolkngoode on May 30, 2013, 05: PM
Quote from: Riddler5 on May 30, 2013, 02: PM

You dont have to look far to see what happens when you are controlled by a council based elswhere.......

Look at Billingham under the control of Stockton Borough council. Completely, underfunded, and neglected. IMHO of course.

Perhaps someone can confirm this......Is it true that Billingham town centre has been sold for 20 million?........ And Stockton council are currently redeveloping their high street again!.... At a cost of........ You guessed it 20 million?

A bit more than that ....    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-22699941

ARC86

Now that is shocking.. let me guess a Labour controlled council?

Inspector Knacker

A Teesside city would only need Hartlepool for one reason and that's to add our population to their funding equation.... that apart we'd be an isolated outpost on the very edge of the Teesside conurbation.
Under Clevrland the town stood still ........ anyone wanting to return to that farce should be sectioned.

fred c

Hartlepool would stagnate even further under a Tees Valley / City of Middlesborough initiative, we only need to look back at what happened to Billingham, Stockton, Redcar & Hartlepool when we were amalgamated with Cleveland County.

We have first hand evidence of the sort of thing that could & has happened, the closure of the Hospital would be the first step in denuding the town of other services & employers in favour of the Great God Of Tees Valley.

We have the perfect example of Quango Tw*ts with the NT&H NHS Mis-Trust, we don`t need any more, to suck money out of the town & into Smogville City (Twinned With Amityville)