Manorgate - The Cover Up

Started by marky, May 24, 2013, 07: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marky

testing times

Lucy Lass-Tick

Try as they might,  those embroiled won't be able to get this genie back into the bottle ...

for fawkes sake

"In accordance with the Act, the Council has considered the public interest test and are of the view that as the information requested is incomplete the balance of the public interest in these circumstances favours maintenance of the section 22 exemption."

I would dearly love to know what Hartlepool Borough Council's definition of 'the public interest' actually is.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

fred c

I wonder if Mr T Mitchell Barrister At Law will get to see the unexpurgated version of this report, surely someone will make him aware of it ???

Greg X

craig finton

When you see it presented like this it makes you realise that something is very seriously wrong inside our council. A number of people have some very serious explaining to do.

for fawkes sake

It would seem that very little has changed then.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

mk1

Perhaps the Fa*tty Belchers could lend Angie the cash to cover the missing loot?
The huge wegdge one of them got when someone called him names at work and the amount they are raking in in allowances and expenses (not counting 'donations' from Filth dumping firms eager to buy influence) means they are sitting on a pile of cash.
Come on lads help your comrade  out.............

fred c

Quote from: stephen allison on May 25, 2013, 11: PM
The officer who commissioned the original report into the Phoenix Centre was given a £400,000 lump sum into her pension pot and early retirement shortly afterwards! When I repeatedly requested sight of the report before it was " alledgedly" sanistised I was told it was too confidential to be given to ward councillors!

Who is it that decides if the report is too Sensitive to be made available to Councillors & More Importantly...... The Ratepayers ??? ??? ???

If there is the slightest Impropriety in the management or running of any organisation funded in anyway by HBC, it should not be sanitized & kept from public scrutiny, on the contrary, the facts & details should be readily available for perusal by Councillors & Public alike.

We are spending £20,000 on a public Inquiry into HBC & the Self Interest of a number of councillors, any attempt to "Sanitize / Edit" this report, would defeat the whole process currently being undertaken by Mr Mitchell.

Openess.... Transparency.....  Accountability, should be the watchwords of HBC.

testing times

In the case of HBC they are not watchwords but meaningless buzz words. It would appear to be the case that HBC believes that if you say them often enough people will believe they are taken seriously. The reverse is true. HBC operates in its own interests first by default.

ARC86

A quick post about this on my Facebook wall.. brought many ex employees out of the woodwork, each very quick to confirm pretty much what has been said by others on here..

CAB & SAB - if this is leadership, its way to laissez faire for the Council