Proposed Travellers Sites

Started by steveL, May 19, 2013, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rabbit

Also now included for consideration are these:

As pointed out, Briarfields is one, there`s no chance of this happening. Once established, it would be hell`s own game to clear out such a site.

Also included, surprisingly, is an area once promoted as part of the new big development near to the football ground.(the Mill House Master Plan).

quote from the Hartlepool Mail

"Land at Huckelhoven Way/Reed Street. It had originally been earmarked as a regeneration area but councillors wanted it including.

Land at Clarence Road north of Victoria Park football ground. The land had been earmarked as part of the Mill House Master Plan regeneration work but councillors said no firm proposals had come forward yet and as it stands there are no commitments for the land.

Briarfields field, off Elwick Road. The land is earmarked for sale for a high-quality residential development and has been on the market since 2009."

allinthistogether!!

Quote from: steveL on May 19, 2013, 09: PM
yea that's it, right next to the tunnel. I think it's grassed over at the moment

Brilliant.

I walk past that nearly every day on my way to the beach to walk the dogs, i'm never one to back down and let people spoil my 'fun' however having a gypo site there will put a stop to that. Far too much hassle.

"good hunting dogs them gorger, how much?"  ::)

tankerville

Perhaps they could also include in their list of proposed sites Hartlepool Hospital then we could send them all to North Tees or Wynyard.

steveL

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

marky

I wanna know who this new band Shighty and the Travellers are . . . . are they on YouTube?

Lord Elpus

He'll still blame the Tory's for it. 

Vincent

Theres a nice big site available near Ward Jacksons Park! 

not4me

Isn't this all a bit distasteful? All we are talking about is half a dozen caravans and instead of them parking anywhere they like, the idea is to place them on specific sites with proper access to the wheelie bin service, running water and the like and where they will also have to pay council tax. Surely this is better than waiting for them to pop up anywhere?

I don't understand the thinking behind some of the chosen possible sites, some of them are just plain daft, but there are plenty of non-residential areas to choose from instead.

steveL

weird....I've just had a conversation along those lines.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

for fawkes sake

The fear of anything slightly different from ourselves is  a primeval trait; hopefully one day it will go the same way as the appendix.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

steveL

just for info:

ONE of the consultation meetings to enable people to give their views on several sites in Hartlepool as potential locations for gypsy and traveller pitches has been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.

The meeting was scheduled to take place at Hartlepool Rovers Rugby Club, West View Road on Tuesday 28 May from 4pm to 7pm.

A spokesman for Hartlepool Council said: "The consultation meeting at Hartlepool Rovers Rugby Club on Tuesday (28 May) has had to be cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.

"We have however been able to re-arrange the public meeting which will now take place at Hartlepool Rovers Rugby Club on Thursday 6 June from 4pm to 7pm."

The consultation exercise follows the formal examination earlier this year of Hartlepool's proposed new Local Plan by a Government planning inspector.

The Local Plan – which was prepared by Hartlepool Council following public consultation – lays down the main planning framework for the borough for the next 15 years.

The Government inspector paused his examination and asked the Council to carry out further work to find an appropriate gypsy and traveller site in Hartlepool for inclusion in the Plan.

For more information, contact Tom Britcliffe on 01429 523532.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Is it just me that thinks that public consultations in Hartlepool are a waste of time and we don't get listened to,
and it is this fuels the fear of inappropriate changes.

Having an opinion as a member of the public is classed as contempt, negative, loony, misinformed
no matter the good intention, foresight, intelligence and reason attached to the opinion.

It is a bit like that saying that you can never win an argument with an idiot.
I don't believe it.

steveL

I don't know why these exercises are described as 'consultations'; it is a mis-use of the word. It doesn't really matter if you are talking about Traveller sites or Hospitals, no actually consultation ever takes place. These are defensive exercises whereby a fixed positon is defended against public sctutiny and if the people at the top of the room come out of it with their proposals still intact, then they are deemed as having done a good job by their peers.

All these exercises seem to achieve is to increase public frustration after their suspicions that they are not being listened to are confirmed by these sham events.

marky

Have to agree. This is all about giving the impression of democracy when it's lying dead in the gutter outside.