Punch up at Gypsy & traveller consulation

Started by SRMoore, May 17, 2013, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRMoore

I'm very surprised that this site and forum has been very slow in reporting an alleged assault on a member of the public by a well known member and previous council candidate of Putting Hartlepool First.

Quite an emotive subject, I know, and I'm sure that the person in question will welcome the opportunity to explain what went on and clear their name.

http://m.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/police-probe-fracas-at-gypsy-meeting-1-5683127

Lord Elpus

SRMoore should had been at this mornings meeting of the Finance and Policy Committee, he would have heard Cllr George Morris describe SRMoore as a maverick, and also said SRMoore did not speak for Conservatives in Hartlepool.

Just after that Briarfields field was included in the list for consideration as a traveller site.  I bet Cllr Ray 'Martin' Wells wishes he had not gone to Las Vegas for three weeks.

steveL

The only story here is the way that SAB almost tripped over his own feet in his rush to call The Mail, in the hope of stirring the s**t . . . . . . a bit like what you're trying to do now, Shane. It was some hours later that SAB got around to calling the Police.

Perhaps the person you refer to feels no need to explain anything and, given that the other guy involved has not made a complaint and, by all acoounts, was much the worse for drink at the time, that's hardly surprising.

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

Quote from: steveL on May 17, 2013, 01: PMPerhaps the person you refer to feels no need to explain anything and, given that the other guy involved has not made a complaint and, by all acoounts, was much the worse for drink

So Carl was at the meeting?

steveL

;D ;D no not Carl, this time. Someone who fell straight out of the Catholic Club apparently.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

Quote from: Lord Elpus on May 17, 2013, 01: PM
SRMoore should had been at this mornings meeting of the Finance and Policy Committee, he would have heard Cllr George Morris describe SRMoore as a maverick, and also said SRMoore did not speak for Conservatives in Hartlepool.

Snap..............neither do the 3 Conservative  councillors!

mk1

I hear SAB is lining himself up a new reality TV show..............................Big Fat Gypsy Councillor!

ARC86

We had these meetings months ago in the Belle Vue Centre. We were told that the site at B&Q was the only place this travellers site could go. We fought the decision and lo and behold there are now a dozen other sites available. The council treat the public with contempt, but fortunately in this instance the bullies didn't win!

SRMoore

Good attempt to deflect the subject there Lord Elpus. I'll happily accept the title 'Maverick' from George.

Back on subject... See how quickly this place springs into life when the wagons need to circle in defence of one of PHFs own? Yet how quiet it was in the 2 days following the incident? Start to see what I'm getting at now?

Lord Elpus

Quote from: SRMoore on May 17, 2013, 02: PM
Good attempt to deflect the subject there Lord Elpus. I'll happily accept the title 'Maverick' from George.

Back on subject... See how quickly this place springs into life when the wagons need to circle in defence of one of PHFs own? Yet how quiet it was in the 2 days following the incident? Start to see what I'm getting at now?

So you must have contacted George then (no denial).  He also said you don't speak for Hartlepool Conservatives.  I get the impression you two don't exchange xmas cards.

In relation to defending people, I have heard the same story of events from a number of people who saw the incident.  The person who started it was the worse for drink.  One man used restrained force to defended his wife and himself.  Its says a lot about SAB that he sees this as an opportunity to swing handbags and make political mischief.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Drunken behaviour in Hartlepool  ...can't complain when HBC say 24x7 boozing is good for the economy
(Statement sponsored by Marstons Brewery).
I don't believe it.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Shane sweetie, maybe 'maverick' is a description which appeals to you, as it has a swaggering, devil-may-care sort of ring to it; sounds loads more appealing than another option - predictable and dull, dull, dull ... a sort of perennial fourth former...  ::)

norfolkngoode

Quote from: ARC86 on May 17, 2013, 02: PM
We had these meetings months ago in the Belle Vue Centre. We were told that the site at B&Q was the only place this travellers site could go. We fought the decision and lo and behold there are now a dozen other sites available. The council treat the public with contempt, but fortunately in this instance the bullies didn't win!

I bet the people currently spending loads of money sprucing teesbay retail park (is it still called that?)up at the moment are pleased about that....... Having said that there is a load of travellers currently parked up at the rear of the bowling alley. How they got through the gates, with 24hour security is anyones guess.
'They don't like it up em'

SRMoore

Quote from: Lord Elpus on May 17, 2013, 02: PM
Quote from: SRMoore on May 17, 2013, 02: PM

So you must have contacted George then (no denial).  He also said you don't speak for Hartlepool Conservatives.  I get the impression you two don't exchange xmas cards.

Actually, no. I hadn't spoken to George before replying to your earlier post. George often refers to me as a "Maverick" and has also said on a number of occasions that "if we [Hartlepool Conservatives] had 10 more mavericks like Shane then we would be doing a lot better". As for not speaking for Hartlepool Conservatives (and I have spoken to him since) he was referring to the article published in the Mail and was stating that my views weren't necessarily the views of the Conservative Group in HBC. Obviously they aren't.

Back on Subject again... I'm not criticising the person involved in the altercation, as I said in the beginning I'm sure they would be happy to explain what actually happened and defend themselves against some of the accusations made against them (none of which have been made by me). I was and am critical of the main contributors to the front page of this site and the usual members who have been deadly silent about reporting this incident since it involved one of 'their own'. I can imagine it would have been a completely different story if this had been a Labour, Tory, Liberal or UKIP member.

The fact that you immediately replied with a personal dig in an pathetic attempt at discrediting me for simply daring to bring this matter up says far more about you than it will ever say about me Geoff.

SRMoore

Quote from: ARC86 on May 17, 2013, 02: PM

Apparently the site on the land to the rear of B&Q was the preferred site and was put forward as such in the Local Plan as this has been the site in which the gypsy & travelers have historically used. The problem seems to have arisen when a penpusher in Whitehall decided that this site is not suitable and a nicer site should be found for them which is closer to shops, schools & jobs and further away from noisey and dirty environments like landfill sites (I sh*t you not).

All in all another reason why the Whitehall beast needs cutting.