Culture Vulture

Started by Lucy Lass-Tick, July 20, 2018, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hubris

Poor guy seems to have a pathological fear of the letter H. Maybe it's some sort of allergy.
And is it just me, or does he remind anyone of an extra in a non-speaking background role in a scene from The Sopranos?
(and what is a Sattday?)

fred c

Whoever thought it a good idea to let the 'Re-Gen Guru' loose with a video camera and no script has obviously done it on purpose......I thought the 'Boy in a Mans Body' video's were excruciatingly painful to watch, but Cranney has surpassed his efforts by a country mile...

Hubris....... H and G both conspicuous by there absence throughout the 'broadcast'

Johnny Bongo

When I first clicked on the start arrow, the speaker was on mute.  When I fixed it, for a few seconds I honestly thought that this was a spoof vid with a dubbed voice, in order  to make Cranney sound, at the very least, 'basic'!  Then when I realised that it was actually him speaking.... :o  Let's just hope no one outside of town sees it!

fred c

WTF was he doing with his hands and arms ?

crisstw

mk1

Quote from: fred c on July 20, 2018, 02: PM
Whoever thought it a good idea to let the 'Re-Gen Guru' loose with a video camera and no script has obviously done it on purpose......I thought the 'Boy in a Mans Body' video's were excruciatingly painful to watch, but Cranney has surpassed his efforts by a country mile...

Hubris....... H and G both conspicuous by there absence throughout the 'broadcast'

When I saw SAB in this video I too thought 'they' must be stupid to let him ramble on like wot 'e does-'lack of resource', 'asked for a report to come forward so we could get more resource'  etc etc.

https://www.facebook.com/hartlepoolcouncil/videos/vb.241747132528522/1806482466054973/?type=2&theater

In the end I concluded it was deliberate and they let him chunter on so he could expose his own ignorance. It seems to me it is a deliberate policy of letting these uneducated clowns make fools of themselves.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Dear Village,
we have found your idiot.
Please collect as soon as possible.

Yours Faithfully,
Challenged Sanity.
I don't believe it.

Gustaf I of England + BWH

I hope that these two videos are not examples of the standard of film making being taught to students at CCAD, they are atrocious on so many levels. I'm talking filming techniques here not content.
I sincerely believe that the best use for both of these films would be as examples of how 'not' to make a film.

Oh, and does anyone else think that Crannibles is starting to look like Anthony Wedgwood-Benn ? Surely he couldn't be rela... (can't even bring myself to say it).

mk1

Quote from: Gustaf I of England + BWH on July 20, 2018, 10: PM
I hope that these two videos are not examples of the standard of film making being taught to students at CCAD, they are atrocious on so many levels. I'm talking filming techniques here not content.
I sincerely believe that the best use for both of these films would be as examples of how 'not' to make a film.

Compare them to the canvasing videos-the contrast is stark. Perhaps it is CAB doing it on his phone and  being so sure it is (as is everything he does) perfect that he insists they are put out as-is. I think he has delusions about a career in Cinema and is a big fan of  'found-footage'.

the_exile

Oh my good Lord.

How our little town should be proud to have such a person representing our best interests, hopes and aspirations.

Interesting to see that one of the main attractions is a showing of a meeting of the Artlepool council on the big screen "The Goonies"

That will pull in the crowds 'Hartlepool will be on the map after this one I am sure

seaton

I just wish some one would tell Cranney that there is an H at the beginning of Hartlepool, what an embarrassment he is yet unbelievablely people vote for him !

mk1

Quote from: seaton on July 21, 2018, 10: AM
I just wish some one would tell Cranney that there is an H at the beginning of Hartlepool,

The CAB version is Hart-Le-Poo-Elle

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: seaton on July 21, 2018, 10: AM
'what an embarrassment he is yet unbelievablely people vote for him !'
Trouble is, they don't vote for him, they vote for the Party. The party label is their guarantee of election in some wards.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Inspector Knacker

Regarding the 'performance'. I expected Vic Reeves and Bob Mortimer to appear as the ' Artlepool Bra Men' , two characters they used some years ago.
Vic and Bob didn't appear, it wasn't a spoof, it was just embarassing rambling that descended into chunter.
Cringeworthy.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.