The legendary Labour wild flowers.

Started by Inspector Knacker, July 08, 2017, 07: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Have they got a bad batch this year?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

steveL

If Burn Valley is anything to go by, they've been replaced by a sea of weeds.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

kevplumb

that's not the Burn Valley that's the Kremlin  :o
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Nice

Coronation Drive is awash with colour - unfortunately is all green  ;D

craig finton

Inspector Knacker

The reason I mentioned it was because I brought someone into town with me and they commented about the masses of weeds on Coronation Drive. I explained they were wild flowers. I don't think I was believed.

steveL

Should we start a campaign for the lass who first thought up the wild flowers idea to be made Chief Executive instead of the two-day a week Christian?
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

fred c

We could start a campaign to have a plant as the CE..... It would be as effective in dealing with the CABCabal

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: fred c on July 09, 2017, 09: AM
We could start a campaign to have a plant as the CE..... It would be as effective in dealing with the CABCabal
Oops, I thought we had.

notenoughsaid

Re the late flowers. Not an expert, however the long dry spell at the time of the seeds being sown has held them back.I feel sure they will appear in time. Regards NES.

testing times

Quote from: notenoughsaid on July 09, 2017, 12: PM

Re the late flowers. Not an expert, however the long dry spell at the time of the seeds being sown has held them back.I feel sure they will appear in time. Regards NES.

I think you're right. I'm sure we were almost into August last year before we saw anything

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: steveL on July 09, 2017, 08: AM
Should we start a campaign for the lass who first thought up the wild flowers idea to be made Chief Executive instead of the two-day a week Christian?
I would like to know whose idea it was because the way it was seized on by certain councillors was pathetic.

angela

A good idea is a good idea, wherever it comes from. There most be other wildflowers that flower earlier in the season and a wider seed mix to include those would provide for a longer lasting display. I think everyone would like that.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: angela on July 09, 2017, 01: PM
A good idea is a good idea, wherever it comes from.
We'd just like to know whose 'good idea' it was, as opposed to councillors claiming it for their party.

pieface

Judging by the current roadsides Isn't the real reason for the wild flower scheme just to hide the roadside litter tips of plastic bottles and fast food waste thrown out of car windows by thoughtless motorists or passengers...