The Mail aka The Seaton Deckchair

Started by fred c, March 13, 2017, 06: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred c

Article in todays Mail featuring a variety of opinions by the towns Chief Executive.........

"Hartlepool council chief executive Gill Alexander said: "What we've been at pains to do with this plan is produce a three-year plan not just a one-year plan"

What happened to the 5 year plan ? maybe she should explain why that particular daydream of the LabTor Mob hasn't come about.

She has a list of 45 'deliverable ambitions' for the town, 1 of which is yet another 'World Class' inspiration......."Another ambition is to launch the new business centre in the former Post Office building in Whitby Street as a "new world class" workspace for creative industries. It is set to open next March".......... Hartepools very own 'Silicon Valley'.

2 further ambitions are on her to do list.....

"A key part of the plan centres on growing the town's economy and promoting Hartlepool as a place to live, work and invest" quite where the jobs are coming from seems to have slipped through her mind, the live bit..... well thats probably a goer... with no town plan, there will be plenty of house under construction..... investing...I suppose someone could think about a Cafe in the Crem.

"Another area is to mount a new Destination Hartlepool tourist promotion campaign by August this year".........cough cough cough..... excuse me, I got a piece of my eggy soldier stuck in my throat..... great idea this one, in fact top draw.......Lets Introduce parking charges in Seaton Carew and make it a tourist hotspot.

I can only think she has been communing with a 'Higher Being' on this........45 Ambitions.......... they have just wasted thousands and thousands of pounds on carpets, £350k on a Cafe, and she has 45 more ambitions hahahahahahahahaha... yeah right.

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/ambitious-plan-to-make-hartlepool-a-better-place-to-work-and-live-in-next-three-years-1-8432812

No Comments Allowed.......... Joy has Folded Up Like a Seaton Deckchair on a Bank Holiday Monday at the mention of The Gillen Gazette

Inspector Knacker

Drove through Seaton yesterday morning and it was busy, the new car park extension (which has been needed for several years) was full. I find it an astonishing coincidence that a much needed extension arrives at the same time as charges.
Can anyone give me a valid reason for the imposition of these charges and if anyone can even begin to believe it will make things better. There's always a chance that the charges could make it a place of pilgrimage for The Masochistic Motoring Society, who get aroused at the prospect of addictively feeding parking meters. Somehow I don't see it.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

fred c

Try and keep up... plzzzzz..... MD explained the reason for the introduction of parking charges in Seetun Crew....... it will help alleviate the dog s***e problem and make Seetun safer.

Land Phil

I see the Royal Navy museum gets a big push.

Don't the directors or is it trustees include Alexander and one of the Akers-Belchers?

It will be interesting to see the accounts if they are ever published.

As for the exiting new exhibits, they seem to have forgotten to bring any.

Every spring they wheel out a load of tosh that is never delivered.

Johnny Bongo

Quote from: fred c on March 13, 2017, 06: AM
Article in todays Mail featuring a variety of opinions by the towns Chief Executive.........

I can only think she has been communing with a 'Higher Being' on this........45 Ambitions.......... they have just wasted thousands and thousands of pounds on carpets, £350k on a Cafe, and she has 45 more ambitions hahahahahahahahaha... yeah right.

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/ambitious-plan-to-make-hartlepool-a-better-place-to-work-and-live-in-next-three-years-1-8432812     

Sounds like she's had a bit too much of the communion wine.....which, as well as making her light headed, it also must make her blind, as she obviously cannot see what is actually happening at St Kwistofers Cathedral!

steveL

As mentioned previously, it's noticeable that the development of the Haven at Sunniside on the Headland which was one of the artists impressions of The Vision no longer features in these plans.

I think it's a well established characteristic of HBC that it prefers to live in an ethereal future rather than today's reality. There's nothing wrong with having a plan for the future as long as you don't use it as a smoke screen to blank out the present. I think people would like to see a bit of maintenance of what we already have first.

The town is peppered with monuments to past grant-funded projects that were going to completely change the appearance and prospects of the area. Twenty years on, the Marina still looks like a half-completed, half-occupied building site and if you go back to its beginnings you'll find similar bull***t being produced by the local council and the TDC.

I was walking the dog up Spion Kop yesterday along the landscaping project that was done along the old railway line. I could have been walking through Seaton Meadows landfill for the amount of litter and fly-tipping that was about.   
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

testing times

Just how often can the council keep churning out this stuff before it realises that it has already lost all credibility.

https://youtu.be/PSZxmZmBfnU

Alnwickist

Genius at work called MAD DOG. To save money on the car park in Seaton, the idiots in the zoo have marked parking bays around the flooded area. Also marked out 7 coach bays, can't ever remember seeing 7 coaches down there.

craig finton

the giant swimming pool that gathers at the far end next to the sewage farm every time it rains. Are the markings what they are referring to as 'improvements to the coach park'? What would have happened in the real world is that the contractors would have been hauled back to level out the tarmac and correct the drainage before it was signed off but then that would have meant someone getting their ar** out of their cosy office chair to inspect their work.

Alnwickist

That would be the one yes.Plus long lengths of the guard rail lying on the ground.

steveL

Someone's been out with the paint brush - they gave the pool a miss and painted around it. Bit of a cheek really because the whole car park is riddled with potholes so what they mean by 'improvements' I don't know.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

dowager

I enjoy Hartlepool Post on the few occassions I remember to log in.

Today I logged in and remember why I dislike it more times than I enjoy a lively debate.

The crippling, dark-dog negativity sucks the life out of even the most optimistic soul in the town.

No wonder people in the town begin to believe that life is at an end and negativity is standard about anything in the town.

Hartlepool Post is more and more an echo chamber for the dispossessed, the curiously mad and waifs and strays from the negative lives they lead.

Lighten up just a little, NOT everything that people do in the town is for themselves, NOT everything that the council do is for themselves. Even I want to hang myself reading the blackness on here some days.

SHOW SOME positivity sometimes ? It's not too hard and no wonder people turn off politics in the town when they read the self-serving depression and overwhelming blackness that stands for 'debate' on here

mk1

You just can not see what he sees............

mk1

Quote from: dowager on March 13, 2017, 04: PM

Today I logged in and remember why I dislike it more times than I enjoy a lively debate.

The crippling, dark-dog negativity sucks the life out of even the most optimistic soul in the town.

No wonder people in the town begin to believe that life is at an end and negativity is standard about anything in the town.

Hartlepool Post is more and more an echo chamber for the dispossessed, the curiously mad and waifs and strays from the negative lives they lead.

Lighten up just a little, NOT everything that people do in the town is for themselves, NOT everything that the council do is for themselves. Even I want to hang myself reading the blackness on here some days.

SHOW SOME positivity sometimes ? It's not too hard and no wonder people turn off politics in the town when they read the self-serving depression and overwhelming blackness that stands for 'debate' on here

So basically you dislike all the negativity and chose to post a long whinging screed  in order to demonstrate your positive and forward looking approach.

Gotcha.............

https://youtu.be/ncbEucjsNFU?t=1m20s

akarjl

Quote from: dowager on March 13, 2017, 04: PM

That's an easy fix.

Don't log in.