Another One Bites the Dust

Started by steveL, December 03, 2016, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Hearing that Director of Health, Louise Wallace is jumping ship to North Yorkshire - the latest in the exodus from HBC.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Inspector Knacker

At this rate they'll have on Ben Gunn lookalike employee in the bowels of the Uncivic Centre.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Hartlepudlion

Not surprising really when you see how badly mad dog has spoken to her in meetings. Too many cllrs think the officers are there to serve them and not the public.

Neighbourhood forums on Wednesday. I wonder how many people, public and officers, that MD will verbally abuse?

fred c

I have spoken to Louise on a number of occasions 'after' council meetings (no longer allowed)
apart from being a very nice lady, it was obvious from chatting to her that she was very pasionate about Hartlepool & the health & wellbeing of the people of the town, it's a blow to lose her expertise.

I also had reason to converse with 2 officers of the planning department, they also impressed me with their commitment to the town, they both moved on to pastures new, I believe, in part because of undue pressure from certain councillors.

Only in Hartlepool & Only Under The LabTor Mob

whatabouthisthen

Got to agree with Hartlepudlion fred c.

Louise will be a sad loss.

Poor old Hartlepool

Inspector Knacker

I saw a programme on TV the other night about Mussolini, but the sound was off.
I looked at the pompous, gesticulating windbag and thought, looks familiar.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Lord Elpus

A serious loss to Hartlepool, Louise Wallace was one of the really good guys and always fought our corner hard (Hartlepools).

There is much truth in the comments regarding the way Mad Dog and Co speak to seniour Officers.  The simple truth is behind closed doors they all consider the current Council Leadership as a joke. 

fred c

Quote from: Lord Elpus on December 04, 2016, 06: AM
A serious loss to Hartlepool, Louise Wallace was one of the really good guys and always fought our corner hard (Hartlepools).

There is much truth in the comments regarding the way Mad Dog and Co speak to seniour Officers.  The simple truth is behind closed doors they all consider the current Council Leadership as a joke.

You have too wonder 'Why' the CEO & BS don't stand up to them, is it because they value their jobs more than they value the staff who work them ?

It would be ironic if HBC  had a spate industrial tribunals for 'Bullying'

SimonC

The majority of HBC are hard working, and really care about the town

The idiots in charge (the ones really in charge) are truly hated by the vast majority of HBC staff who have had anything to do with them.

Bunch of self interested prima donnas who are using HBC staff time for their own benefits.

Majority of HBC staff actually live in the town and truly care about the town, but these idiots are causing many to leave....

Steely Dan

Hi Simon. I'm assuming you work for HBC. If so you have my sympathy. I'm sure what you say is true.

SimonC

its heartbreaking to see what has happened to not only the town, but to the actual council.

I cant imagine why the upper echelons of directors and chiefs allow these idiots to carry on destroying the name of this great town...

its one of lifes great mysteries

My only hope is that they do something even more stupid than they have already done and they are all booted out....or the actual Labour party intervene and kick them out.

An insult to Hartlepool. An insult to the Labour Party. An insult to HBC.

marky

yea shame that. The old 'fart in a lift situation'. Only one is guilty but all come under suspicion. We need to remind ourselves now and then that the majority of council workers are good guys doing the best they can in horrendous circumstances.

akarjl

Quote from: marky on December 06, 2016, 04: PM
yea shame that. The old 'fart in a lift situation'. Only one is guilty but all come under suspicion. We need to remind ourselves now and then that the majority of council workers are good guys doing the best they can in horrendous circumstances.

There is a difference between "council workers" and clowncillers , most of whom you would never describe as "Workers" head workers maybe?

Apart from a very small minority, I did not see many at the Extraordinary General meeting ( well on the video) going against Tin Tin and Crannible.All as bad as each other- they should all be booted out and the council put into special measures if thats an option.