Hartlepool Folk Festival

Started by seaton, October 25, 2016, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seaton

I was at Asda on Sunday, across the road the car park was full, it was the Hartlepool Folk Festival over the W. E.by all accounts a 'sell out' little or nothing reported in the Mail about it.
Possibly because the Council had little or nought to do with it although the Council logo is shown on the advert ?
http://hartlepoolfolkfest.co.uk/

BresslawoffoftheBunker

Pointless post.   Who exactly are you slagging off, and why ?

BresslawoffoftheBunker

The festival was a success.

The council may, or may not, have had something to do with it and the worst newspaper (!) in existence had 'little or nothing' to report about it!

Does it really bother you enough to moan on here ?

Inspector Knacker

What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

BresslawoffoftheBunker

The Great Dictator

The Mail don't report good news.

Land Phil

I think the point is these is no effective form of mass communication in the town any more now the Mail has gone down the drain.

It used to be the bible to what was happening, had happened etc.
Now it is less use than toilet paper.

BresslawoffoftheBunker

I thought it was more a council dig.  He actually said the Mail did report it, in part.

seaton

Quote from: BresslawoffoftheBunker on October 25, 2016, 10: PM
I thought it was more a council dig.  He actually said the Mail did report it, in part.
It was a dig at The Mail, here was a local event in the town at the Maritime Museum and the Town Hall Theatre both sold out over 3 days.
It brought hundreds of people too the town contributing to the local economy so why didn't the Mail pick up on it, it was actually local news, oh forgot The Mail don't do local news unless it's a Council run event

mk1

Quote from: seaton on October 26, 2016, 02: AM

It was a dig at The Mail, here was a local event in the town at the Maritime Museum and the Town Hall Theatre both sold out over 3 days.

I wondered why all the camper vans were parked in the museum car park.

Lord Elpus

I went to part of the event.  Well organised and great fun.

This will get better every year if the organisers are allowed to just get on with it

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: The Great Dictator on October 25, 2016, 10: PM
The Mail don't report good news.
It appears the Mail don't report news full stop. I bought it last week to read an article about some prolific shoplifters at a DIY store to realise it was in Sunderland!
The feel of it being our local newspaper has now evaporated, it's so out of touch and full of cute froth, but apparently blissfully aware of the real life of the town.
It doesn't have an opinion, it's just  a cushion that carries the imprint of the last press release to land on it.
What happened to investigate local newspapers ?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Heknocks68

Quote from: BresslawoffoftheBunker on October 25, 2016, 10: PM
Pointless post.   Who exactly are you slagging off, and why ?
Opening two words said it all

BresslawoffoftheBunker

Totally.   Why did he bother.  It said nowt

Alnwickist

Council has taken over Halloween in Ward Jackson Park. Be interesting to see how many turn up. 5000 last year,compared to 650 who turned out at their event at the Maritime Experience