I used to be indecisive .... but now I'm not so sure

Started by steveL, November 01, 2014, 11: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Party Pooper

Quote from: beanzontoast on November 03, 2014, 04: PM
I've not heard such rubbish,  UKIP are a national party with a manifesto,  It is also the 3rd most Popular in the country Dliddle, if you could just stop navel gazing you might just notice nationally the people are realizing what has been happening in the UK,  and if people want change in may UKIP is the only choice, UKIP have 2 councillors and at least voters know what they stand for, what your protes group stand for noone knows either way unless UKIP or PHF win wards in may and labour hold Hartlepool then 19 labour councillors will still outvote the rest. If Hartlepool canges it will be because of UKIP and not because of yourselves at all.
3rd most popular in the country Beans? Who is 1st and 2nd . Are you including the whole country in that which includes Scotland and Wales with their national parties? From what I recall the Scottish Nationalist have more Westminster MPs that UKIP .

mk1

Quote from: Doris Bonkers on November 03, 2014, 07: PM
I am a regular reader of the HP and never thought about commenting before until now. What worries me, beyond the disaster that is the current Labour administration in Hartlpool, is the appalling grammar of a significant number of those who choose to post. I am sure they have a valid point to make but most of the stuff is pure gibberish. That might, of course, prove the failure of the 50 years of Labour in control of Hartlepool's schools. Time for a change people, time for a change.

Boris Donkers, I never bother checking my posts  for  spelling errors.  I believe obsessives have as much right to a life as normal folks. The grammar Police do a wondefrul job-finest bunch of crackpots on the net.

Party Pooper

Quote from: Doris Bonkers on November 03, 2014, 07: PM
I am a regular reader of the HP and never thought about commenting before until now. What worries me, beyond the disaster that is the current Labour administration in Hartlpool, is the appalling grammar of a significant number of those who choose to post. I am sure they have a valid point to make but most of the stuff is pure gibberish. That might, of course, prove the failure of the 50 years of Labour in control of Hartlepool's schools. Time for a change people, time for a change.
I'm with you Doris I think everything what you said is dead right about the awful grammar what is used on here by folks. You is also on the ball about the last 50 years I was just saying to me mate the other day like how better the folks in Hartlepool talked before we had a labour council and that like. I hanker for the bygone days when people of our town talked much more proper like and writed better stuff to like. made outside toilets, poor health provision and rickets  worthwhile somehow didn't it.were did it go all wrong.

beanzontoast

Point taken Party pooper, regarding computer,  and apologies to Driddle I also found it a little difficult to read and I wrote it the problem being mostly done on phone at work trying to finish before boss turns up, well it's my excuse and im sticking to it. UKIP have no intention of getting rid of the minimum wage, in fact UKIP will increase personal allowances to £13.500, what would the independants or PHF do on this, while its obviouse they can't,  they could agree with it or not. Of course the MRA was a scandal and is now is now the subject of a trial which makes it difficult to comment , one point worthy of note  in that Beck stated he was not legally a trustee I take it SAB may also have the same immunity he was silent on this, UKIP councillors are not being drawn in because UKIP believes you are innocent untill proved guilty, 

DRiddle

beanzontoast

Proven guilty, quite correct sir I must try harder

beanzontoast

Fredc I agree with your comment however it was my intention to use UKIPS manifesto as a physical reference to what the party stands for on a national platform, in fact one of the other slogans for UKIP is a national party with local people,  and the manifesto point was in reference to another thread Alternatives to UKIP. one person on this forum stated if the idea is to get rid of ian Wright then as I have pointed out there is no Alternative to UKIP,  you will need a manifesto to do this the independants,  nor PHF can do this, if at a local level you wish to get rid of labour councillors, the people of Hartlepool have a choice again I mearly state in my opinion there is no alternative to UKIP taking the NHS for instance noone can say UKIP are going to get rid of the NHS because it is not, and therefore at a local level UKIP Councillors will be working to restore Hartlepool hospital to what it was, I don't wish to antagonise the independent councillors nor PHF in fact I have a lot of time for them they don't seem to think that Hartlepool isn't the only town to loose their A&E.

beanzontoast

crisstw in an attempt to answer your question,  we have to delve a little into history but first let's be in no doubt who closed the A&E in Hartlepool hospital it was of course LABOUR,  its all in the dates as I remember in 2010 the coalition was voted in and for the previous 13 years Labour was in government. In 2010 there was an article in the Hartlepool mail with an artists impression of what the new hospital would look like and its cost, the coalition after looking at the  countrys books and the mess financially it left the country the coalition had no alternative than to cancel the project, but they cancelled the project not for what you would think, they were in fact planning to go ahead with it but didn't because it was going to be built on a PFI contract which again was a disaster again brought in by Labour to take capital projects off the countrys books as it would show up as debt. The PFI added millions to the build  remember this is your money and you may recall an article which refered to £200 to change a light bulb under PFI the torys will have none of it, and in the UKIP Manifesto it states UKIP would like councils to buy back their PFI contracts when they are able to do so, what is the policy on this from the Independants,  or PHF  well they won't have one, so judging by the fact UKIP have managed to get Cameron to give a referendum, and make pledges on the mass immigration to this island its not bad for a party of protest voters. To answer your question as the hospital is now not being built then legally the Trust will probably have to reinstate the hospital as it was, more UKIP councillors in may would make sure this happens,  or again because of UKIP if the torys win the election in May they will build the new one at Wynyard,

crisstw

Thanks for the answer. It still doesn't technically answer my question....

You say that
Quoteas the hospital is now not being built then legally the Trust will probably have to reinstate the hospital as it was....

I'm not sure how you can 'force' the trust into returning full services. Here's my reasoning:

If the current main hospital building is full of employees from the Trust and say HBC & they've sold other outlying land off for housing projects, can't the Trust turn round and say that the site is no longer a viable option for a Hospital with full services & if the plans for Wynyard are currently on Hold, but they may actually get shelved altogether because if I'm not mistaken, the land available at Wynyard has never been purchased by the Trust, only an agreement was in place & I'm sure that the planning permission for the hospital has an expiry date.... surely the land will then be available at some point for Housing ? & then we will have to make do with North Tees hospital.....

So, I don't see how more UKIP councillors or a Tory government could a) bring back services to Hartlepool Hospital or b) say for certain that a hospital at Wynyard will be built.

beanzontoast

Crisstw,  the trust is a public body and therefore is able to go down a different path, you are right I have not answered your questions, they are quite complex,  before I can answer it needs to be looked into further, ie have the council sold the land for housing at the hospital,  is it only the A&E department they have removed and infrastructure still intact, did the Trust buy the land at Wynyard or not, best to have all the facts I will be back

beanzontoast

Crisstw there has been a request for a council meeting , the subject will be Hartlepool hospital no time or date at this time but the public will be able to attend, however the history provided was still I think still relevant