Hartlepool council's Lucian Freud painting

Started by perseus, June 25, 2012, 04: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donkey Kong

Quote from: perseus on June 27, 2012, 02: PM
For asking a question about art?

No, for asking about peoples opinions on Koons. 

Unless maybe it was just another carrot that you were lamely dangling for Kipper?

Julie noted

'Art', like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.
Or the one that wishes to appear 'hip' and avantgarde.

Julie noted

At least you knew dali was having fun with his art.
Emin, Hirst, Koon, Freud et al take theirs seriously, as though we should too.

With regard to the sale and proceeds to the bus service; It will never happen because it means people struggle to get to the Kremlin for the council meetings...that suits the comrades nicely, as the oposition in the chamber of horrors is reduced.
However, it is also an own goal to the council because the likes of the Borough Hall, the Town Hall and Maritime Experience all could do with bus passengers 'after hours'.
What an abomination they are.  :(

no6bus

and believe it or not bus drivers would be happy to be working evenings again, it would also create 6/7 full time drivers jobs that have been lost since the cuts were made.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Banksy is more appealing than that old fuddy duddy stuff.

I don't believe it.

Julie noted

We're veering off topic but for my money (if I could afford them) the young painter from Norfolk is a wonderful painter and he's only 10 years of age!
Check out Kieron Williamson, his watercolours and pastels are superb (and priced in their thousands!!).

Stig of the Seaton Dump

The council must have hundreds of paintings gathering dust, never seeing the light of day that are less notable than the Freud one.

Maybe starting by selling those and buying something more appealing would be a good starting point.

I don't believe it.