Nov 16th Victoria Ward.

Started by mk1, October 30, 2017, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on November 07, 2017, 06: PM
Labour canvasing in Dalton Street where the houses were demolished long ago. 

Can I add to the caption _______' when he walked home from work if he missed his tram or was trying to avoid Ralph Ward Jackson'.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

kevplumb

Quote from: stokoe on November 08, 2017, 03: PM
Must of had there orders off blondie to keep quiet :o
And that says it all  ;D
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

steveL

Wells let it be known that the Tories wouldn't be contesting Victoria in case he split the Labour vote. Putting hubby up as a paper candidate is to keep Central Office happy as they are still under the impression that they are the main opposition to Labour. As I understand it, there will be no Tory election material.

Labour is expecting to win this by default so why risk allowing their chav candidate to open her mouth when she's every chance of putting her foot in it.....besides, keeping silent will be good practice for when she's in the council chamber.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Inspector Knacker

I'm fascinated by their car crash of obscure statistics.
The business rate one to start with. What period does the cover and what was last years percentage?
The dramatic drop in youth unemployment is another one in point. They made the dumb mistake of going  for the bragging rights without realising it wasn't their government in power during the period they joyfully quoted. Doh!
The so called statistics are a jumble of the obscure with a lot of them undated.
Numbers on a leaflet hoping to impress the gullible, they live n desperate times.

not4me

says a lot about RMW. I remember when Victoria was a very winnable seat for the Conservatives and they had several Victoria councillors.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: steveL on November 08, 2017, 05: PM
Wells let it be known that the Tories wouldn't be contesting Victoria in case he split the Labour vote. Putting hubby up as a paper candidate is to keep Central Office happy as they are still under the impression that they are the main opposition to Labour. As I understand it, there will be no Tory election material.

Labour is expecting to win this by default so why risk allowing their chav candidate to open her mouth when she's every chance of putting her foot in it.....besides, keeping silent will be good practice for when she's in the council chamber.
When will the local Labour and Tory party's be having the banns read on their inevitable political wedding after such a long and mutually beneficial courtship.
Their offspring could be given a traditional double barrelled name. The 'Lab-Atives' comes to mind, though if you changed the 'b' for an 'x' it would be much more fitting.

jeffh

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on November 08, 2017, 06: PM
Quote from: steveL on November 08, 2017, 05: PM

When will the local Labour and Tory party's be having the banns read on their inevitable political wedding after such a long and mutually beneficial courtship.
Their offspring could be given a traditional double barrelled name. The 'Lab-Atives' comes to mind, though if you changed the 'b' for an 'x' it would be much more fitting.
Perish the thought - that would mean Raymondo couldn't be chair of Audit and Governance - and we wouldn't want that would we?

steveL

The absence of a formal written agreement is Devlin'sescape route for not doing anything about it even though he has personally acknowledged that 'in his opinion', the Tories and Labour are operating as a coalition.

As a result, the scrutiny function of the council has been totally compromised. In return, Wells has all three of his councillors on the Planning Committee with George as its Chair and Loynes as the Deputy Chair. That's about as crooked a Planning Committee as it's possible to have.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

Labour are playing this one very low key. Contrast this with the way the Seaton campaign was run. There are no clean-up teams on stand-by  to remove any rubbish this time around. The empty flat(s)  just 2 doors away from the Labour Office in South Road has the contents of  3  black bin-bags scattered outside the front door so its not as if they can say they  have not seen anything that needs removing.
Perhaps the scale of their failure in Seaton has knocked all the fight out of them?

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: steveL on November 08, 2017, 08: PM
The absence of a formal written agreement is Devlin'sescape route for not doing anything about it even though he has personally acknowledged that 'in his opinion', the Tories and Labour are operating as a coalition.

In some ways, this is beyond party politics. The leaders of the packs in this instance have morphed into one group. The party labels are mere trappings and I would imagine they could transfer their politics seamlessly to any flag of convenience.
Power is the name of the game, political beliefs are neither here nor there.

Olivers Army

why wouldn't the others take part? Just seems like a missed opportunity to me.194 views so far so someone is watching it and if the turnout is low maybe someone will live to regret that decision

DRiddle

I think if a party don't have the right candidate (or indeed a candidate at all), there's integrity in not putting someone up just for the sake of it. In terms of PHF, we've made no secret of the fact that we had stretched our meagre resources to the limit winning Seaton. I mean in terms of finance and in terms of boots on the ground. I think it's better to keep the powder dry for when we go for Carl's seat in 2018 than potentially help Labour by half heartedly contesting he seat.

Obviously the Conservatives think differently. It would have been very easy for PHF to put up a token candidate, but I think it's best to see how this one pans out.

It'll be interesting to see how the UKIP vote holds up. If it crashes and contributes to what really SHOULD be an easy Labour win, UKIP are going to have to think really carefully about how they go forward in Hartlepool.

If indeed they even CAN go forward...

Stig of the Seaton Dump

So Corbyn was pictured with Hill and the Victoria ward candidate.
Is this MP Hill's battle plan following the loss of Seaton Ward ?

or is it only backing the horse you know is going to be placed.
I don't believe it.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Stig of the Seaton Dump on November 11, 2017, 09: PM
So Corbyn was pictured with Hill and the Victoria ward candidate.
Is this MP Hill's battle plan following the loss of Seaton Ward ?

or is it only backing the horse you know is going to be placed.

Nah ... wasn't it Tracey Ullman?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOhu9wYo-iI

kevplumb

I don't know what all the debate is about  ::)

Labour will win  >:(

Look at the facts of the matter people

1 The tory is a paper candidate put up for show
2 the kipper has been discredited or the brown smelly stuff would be flying by now

so labour should p*ss it unless nobody bothers voting  ???

This will then be shouted from the rooftops as a great labour victory, for all it's a foregone conclusion  :o
Followed by days of belcher and the other lame duck sticking their mugs in the paper and telling us how good they and their vision are the reason why labour won
Then another nodding donkey joins the cabal  never to be heard of till next election time
Game over  ;D
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment