By-Election

Started by admin, September 12, 2017, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

Quote from: steveL on September 25, 2017, 09: AM

Barclay the Inebriate Man recently posted on his own Facebook page that he knew of a councillor who had taken 'brown envelopes' to pay for holidays.

We all do.
Trouble is Barclay being a sot and  more or less permanently  befuddled by drink named the wrong councillor(s). It is the SCABs with the fondness for exotic travel.

fred c

Quote from: mk1 on September 25, 2017, 03: PM
Quote from: steveL on September 25, 2017, 09: AM

Barclay the Inebriate Man recently posted on his own Facebook page that he knew of a councillor who had taken 'brown envelopes' to pay for holidays.

We all do.
Trouble is Barclay being a sot and  more or less permanently  befuddled by drink named the wrong councillor(s). It is the SCABs with the fondness for exotic travel.

I think 2018 could be a Mayoral year to remember........ if Ms Alexander has been concerned about her Council suffering embarrassing incidents so far........ she ain't seen nothing yet.

steveL

He didn't name any councillor when challenged to explain himself. Instead, he described it as a 'throwaway' remark and so escaped any form of disciplinary action. HBC is now organising a 'social media training course' for all councillors which, at a guess, will start by removing all bottles from the room.

It's a good example of how such things work at HBC. Saying that he knew of a councillor taking 'brown envelopes' is a very serious thing to say. He should have been forced into either naming the councillor or into making a public statement that he had fabricated the whole thing - his initial claim had been made on Facebook. He admitted to Devlin that he had 'made it up' but there was no action taken against him.

Just to dilute it down a bit more, they dragged Riddle into it after he had commented how Hartlepool Council was moving towards the characteristics of a 'one-party state' (who could deny that it is) and then included Thompson and Black for 'sniggering' during a council meeting. After Cranney was made Hartlepool's 'representative for culture' on the Tees Valley Authority it's never been that easy to keep a straight face at council meetings.

The so-called 'Code of Conduct' is there to keep opposition councillors in check. It does not apply to the Lab-Con coalition. So even in an extreme case like Cranney making his 'have I slept with you' remark which was bad enough to make the national papers, no action was taken. In that case, another course for all councillors was organised, that time on 'Diversity'.

It shows Devlin, as Monitoring Officer, to be a disgrace to his profession and Hartlepool's highest-paid eunoch.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Inspector Knacker

Or maybe it's because so little is expected of our ruling elite? You have to censure educated members, but the others, bless em, probably couldn't comprehend why they were being censured and a pointless exercise in the same way you can't discipline a radiator.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mk1

Quote from: Riddler5 on September 25, 2017, 11: PM
you can't discipline a radiator.

Nor can you educate a dipsomaniac with involuntary micturation issues.

Lord Elpus

Ann Marshall, seems to be on something.

Latest FB posting; 

'As a Labour candidate selected by residents of the ward, I promise to represent the residents and campaign on their behalf against the parking charges at Seaton Carew.

I have requested a consultation on the matter with the chair of the Community Services Committee where I will speak out in favour of what residents of my ward want.

I will always put the needs of residents first'.

https://www.facebook.com/annmarshallforseaton/?hc_ref=ARTEOKK4ZP59wcAGC4T9DbTKxBxTVHs_5Vyg2HwSqmZuDdjWi1wLtXuFzp2xpNZNc_I

seaton

Quote from: Lord Elpus on September 26, 2017, 04: AM
Ann Marshall, seems to be on something.

Latest FB posting; 

'As a Labour candidate selected by residents of the ward, I promise to represent the residents and campaign on their behalf against the parking charges at Seaton Carew.

I have requested a consultation on the matter with the chair of the Community Services Committee where I will speak out in favour of what residents of my ward want.

After purchasing signage, yellow lines, meters and installing them at a cost of over £80k I doubt very much is going too change.
As matter of interest will the Parking Charges be enforced over the winter ?

I will always put the needs of residents first'.

https://www.facebook.com/annmarshallforseaton/?hc_ref=ARTEOKK4ZP59wcAGC4T9DbTKxBxTVHs_5Vyg2HwSqmZuDdjWi1wLtXuFzp2xpNZNc_I

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Now now, Labour councillors past and present always tell the truth (the whole truth, and nothing but the truth) .
I don't believe it.

Inspector Knacker

They send in a 'volunteer' to test the minefield. The 'volunteer' spouts guff in the hope that some of the electorate are so dim they can't see the apparent contradiction. Saying what they think the voters want to here without refering to cause and effect.
If she ever succeeded in getting elected, the people of Seaton would deserve everything they get.

fred c

If there's one ward in the town that has sussed the LabMob it's Seaton Carew......the SCN facebook page leads the way by keeping residents informed on what's happenings in the village, if only every other ward had a similar balanced and informative social media outlet.

craig finton

Anyone seen this?

Labour trying to win votes for Ann Marshall by distancing her from Calamity Chris and his mates and claiming independence from the labour group.

testing times

so even they recognise the toxicity. I seem to remember that all those who dissented were forced out of the group.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Quote from: craig finton on September 26, 2017, 10: AM
Anyone seen this?

Labour trying to win votes for Ann Marshall by distancing her from Calamity Chris and his mates and claiming independence from the labour group.

As long as the party operates with the whip process, which it says it does on its Facebook page then the statement is meaningless.
A vote for Ann is a vote for the mob.
I don't believe it.

Inspector Knacker

'Independence' from the Labour group, there's probably more 'independence' in a Pyongyang council meeting.

fred c

Quote from: craig finton on September 26, 2017, 10: AM
Anyone seen this?

Following the example of the towns 'Member' perhaps  :)