By-Election

Started by admin, September 12, 2017, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stig of the Seaton Dump

So what about Victoria Ward by-election ?
I don't believe it.

Inspector Knacker

The Labour task force arrived in Seaton throwing every thing in their limited arsenal at the electorate. In true Great War fashion they sent their gophers over the top to be mown down. When they noticed this happening the responded by throwing even more gophers into a fray they were ill equipped to manage.
Defeat came as a surprise, they couldn't comprehend why and neither could their allies.
They left the battlefield denying they'd ever fought a battle, what battle?
Don't mention the war, especially the retreat from Seaton.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

kevplumb

Quote from: Stig of the Seaton Dump on October 21, 2017, 07: PM
So what about Victoria Ward by-election ?
if comrade carl comes knocking on my door he will get a few home truths  >:(
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

DRiddle

Labour should, give the opposition, walk the Victoria by-election. Ray's put up his token candidate again and ukip have a free punt at it. If the ukip vote collapses in Victoria (and I think it will) it might pepper over some of the cracks within the labour group. But the cracks will still be there.

steveL

Wells would be open to question if he didn't put forward a candidate; remember that in the real world, the Tories are supposed to be the opposition to Labour. UKIP are in their death-throws; the head is dead but the fingers are still twitching.

Labour will stroll to a win but the turnout figure will be interesting. Next May in Victoria will be far more interesting still.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

Did you know we had a Southampton Labour Councillor  campaigning in Seaton?

A Southampton Councillor involved in conflict with local Independents?

http://www.sotonindies.org/2017/08/

I guess he just don't like independents!

mk1

The Southampton Councillor seems to have perfected the art of  picking losers.
Here he has signed a Letter  in support of the losing Labour Leadership Candidate Owen Smith

http://labourlist.org/2016/08/500-labour-councillors-why-we-are-backing-owen-smith-to-continue-the-fight-against-austerity/

DRiddle

I imagine there will be many more faux pas by calamity Chris in the midst of the Victoria Ward by-election. I particularly look forward to the time the bloke who made sure old people have to pay £5 for an alarm to stop them dying if they fall over..... is pictured wearing a £165 scarf. lol.

He wouldn't be that daft would he?

#scarfgate

#uptheworkers

(Price corrected by Mk1)