By-Election

Started by admin, September 12, 2017, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Mike Young, but given the symbiotic relationship between Labour and Tories in Hartlepool, I can understand the slip.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: steveL on September 15, 2017, 09: PM
Mike Young, but given the symbiotic relationship between Labour and Tories in Hartlepool, I can understand the slip.

;)

Inspector Knacker

If the Tories are putting a candidate up there's no need for Labour to bother. To all intents and purposes they're a Labour Party subsidiary. They should be renamed The Bagpuss Party, smug, inert, amenable and busy doing nothing.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

steveL

Quote from: steveL on September 15, 2017, 07: PM
I gather that the UKIP selection meeting ended up in the usual bun fight. They don't seem to have resolved their internal problems with the eventual candidate being selected by a select few. I was given the name but I'm afraid it passed through my head without registering - a follicley challenged individual - I remember that bit.

Dunno where the bald bloke story came from but their candidate is Karen King - who isn't bald, and isn't even a bloke.. . . but then again, does it really matter?
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

DRiddle

Apologies to Mike Young for my slip. No offence intended. I think Mike Hill has been on my mind since he used his opening Mail article as an elected member of her majesties parliament to have a veiled pop at a bloke who runs one of the best local charities in the town.

Then he used his second to have a dig at this website and its contributors. That's the same website who battled to help expose fraud and corruption by a member of the local Labour Party who ended up in prison as a result.

I'd have thought he had much more important things to get on with given the state of things within the council and the town as a result of it. Maybe focussing his efforts on regeneration and attracting jobs would be a good idea.

Although i suppose we have Cranney to sort that out. God help us.

steveL

I think it's very clear that having been told just how toxic the local Labour group was Mike Hill has decided to stay well clear - just like Wrighty constantly did. Fell at the first fence.

We'll see how things pan out when Labour implodes after they start de-selecting sitting MPs

Inspector Knacker

Mike Hill will merge into the political wallpaper. From what I can see, he's the loyal apparatchik par excellence and will no doubt reach a mutually beneficial arrangement of working with and supporting his fellow party members.
Very disappointing, the circus continues to perform.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Apologies if I am being impatient but do we know who is standing yet ?
(Not having a clue when the closing date is)
I don't believe it.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Stig of the Seaton Dump on September 20, 2017, 08: PM
Apologies if I am being impatient but do we know who is standing yet ?
(Not having a clue when the closing date is)

Closing date is this Friday - September 22nd. So far three have declared an interest in standing - Leisa Smith (PHF), Karen King (UKIP) and Mike Young (Conservative). The Labour candidate could be Ann Marshall but this is yet to be confirmed.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Thanks.
I am surprised not to see Sue Little listed
I don't believe it.

mk1

2 'Corbyn' stories today

https://www.facebook.com/hartlepoolmailnews/posts/1673643232655520

https://www.facebook.com/hartlepoolmailnews/posts/1673827995970377

and it is the usual bun-fight between demented Tory and Labour shills.

The biggest smile I got was when a Labour cipher complained about a Tory post using a bogus ID. The overwhelming  number of IDs with no history from before  the last GE are Labour and if you bother to check through the Cobynista  posts you can see a lot are not even from the NE never mind Hartlepool.
Given the most rabid and vocal Tory & Labour supporters have a long history of multiple fake IDs on this Forum what did we expect

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: mk1 on September 22, 2017, 06: PM

https://www.facebook.com/hartlepoolmailnews/posts/1673643232655520

Some if the comments on the article about the food bank make me despair of the human race. Whatever happened to the concepts of kindness and tolerance?

mk1

I don't believe anyone noticed but there is a 'Sovereign Citizen/ Legal Name Fraud'  believer very active in the Mail thread, See if you can spot him. 

https://hptimbral.hartlepoolpost.co.uk/index.php/topic,3159.msg32442.html#msg32442

mk1

Not directly related but (I think) too funny not to post.

click to view the video. It is less than 30 seconds.

https://order-order.com/2017/09/19/owen-goes-full-brent/