Questions at Council Democracy Shutdown

Started by Paul Thompson, May 15, 2017, 09: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRiddle

I'm told someone from the local Conservative candidates team has been onto HBC about the press release.

jeffh

Quote from: DRiddle on May 25, 2017, 03: PM
I'm told someone from the local Conservative candidates team has been onto HBC about the press release.
Maybe Councillor Martin-Wells should have attended then he could have also been mentioned in the Press Release - missed opportunity back fired for all the right reasons  ;D

akarjl

I assume the Press officer is a clowncil employee ? Engaged by the leading labour mob? I wonder who approves press releases.....I would suspect somebody will be expected to fall on their sword if this grows wings....

fred c

If during a local election a PHF, Independent, Lib Dem, UKIP or any other candidate had made such a blatant breach, there would be repercussions for that candidate...................You have to wonder who Alastair Rae receives his instructions from and who actually approves his press releases??? ??? ???

jeffh

Quote from: fred c on May 25, 2017, 04: PM
If during a local election a PHF, Independent, Lib Dem, UKIP or any other candidate had made such a blatant breach, there would be repercussions for that candidate...................You have to wonder who Alastair Rae receives his instructions from and who actually approves his press releases??? ??? ???
I received a reply regarding the Press Release - the Press Release was approved by Peter Devlin.  I am still trying to get a straight answer as to whether a vote took place or not - the line being used is -

It is appropriate if there is no dissent for members to proceed with the business before them. Council appeared willing to leave things 'as is' on the public questions etc.,

I am now awaiting confirmation that this will be seen as a vote and recorded as such in the minutes - but that doesn't get away from the fact that the press release stated a vote had taken place.

My concern is the new Constitution Committee made up of

1   Cllr  C Akers Belcher (Chair) (Leader) (Lab)    
2   Cllr Beck (Chair of Council)(Lab)    
3   Cllr Barclay(Lab)   
4   Cllr Cranney (Lab)   
5   Cllr Cook (Lab)      
6   Cllr Martin-Wells (Con)
7   Cllr Thompson (IND)
8   Cllr Tennant (UKIP)
9   Cllr S Akers-Belcher (Lab)

could simply ignore the outcome of the meeting and revisit the issue.  I know that positions 7 & 8 will fight it, but they are in the minority.  Like some other committees this is constitutionally politically imbalanced.  There should be 1 less Labour and 1 more UKIP - aren't UKIP interested in the Constitution?

jeffh

Obviously they are not aware of Martin-Wells special relationship with the Labour group

The Great Dictator

Coun.Wells is on holiday, he can't attend.

akarjl

Quote from: The Great Dictator on May 25, 2017, 06: PM

Another "course" paid for by the clowncil? Like cwissies "Coiunter Fraud" course....I kid you not check his Linkedin profile- can't even spell the word and he has attended a course on the subject - probably at the "Crannible Inshitoot of Headyoucashun?

Let's hope it is a long term holiday, as in permanent.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: The Great Dictator on May 25, 2017, 06: PM

Couldn't one of those twee nodding dogs you used to see in cars be found as a suitable substitute?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.