Questions at Council Democracy Shutdown

Started by Paul Thompson, May 15, 2017, 09: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Thompson

Just reading the reports for Full Council on 23 May 2017.

Looks like the heat has become too much as Public Questions and Councillor Questions without notice are on their way out !!

The report will appear here very shortly - https://www.hartlepool.gov.uk/meetings/meeting/3553/council

It would be great to see a fairly full meeting to see "democracy in progress - Hartlepool style".

fred c

If that is the case.......

The First Question to Mr Mike Hill the labour candidate when he comes knocking on your door should be........

Will you support a motion to return Public Questions to Hartlepools Council Chamber

Manipulation of the towns constitution for political ends has become a regular occurrence by the LabTor Mob...... you have to ask Why ?

fred c

Quote from: Paul Thompson on May 15, 2017, 09: AM
Just reading the reports for Full Council on 23 May 2017.

Looks like the heat has become too much as Public Questions and Councillor Questions without notice are on their way out !!

The report will appear here very shortly - https://www.hartlepool.gov.uk/meetings/meeting/3553/council

It would be great to see a fairly full meeting to see "democracy in progress - Hartlepool style".

The following sums up the diabolical and anti democratic manipulation by the ruling coalition of the democratic process in Hartlepool

"However, members did indicate that the
system of governance through a 'committee system' was distinct from the
other Tees Valley Authorities and lent itself to a greater opportunity for the
questions to be given before the Policy Committees which would strengthen
the role of Policy Committees in facilitating public engagement. It was the view
of the Working Group that this could remove the need for public questions to Council

DRiddle

It's been coming I guess. When you look at recent months its very apparent that Cranney (a ) Can't really read and ( b ) is even less able to string a sentence together without an officer having previously written him a script.

Then there's Marjory who quickly goes the colour of a beetroot when put on the spot about virtually anything.

Under the SCAB cabal we've gone from a public question on notice with two additional supplementary questions, to what's looking like being .... none.

Now there's questions from councillors without notice going the journey too.

Coinciding with all of that our course is the belief that it was public questions by a range of like minded members of the public, together with questions by some councillors with balls, combined with the dedicated work by The Hartlepool Post, which helped put a member of the Labour party in prison.

All this will do is add to the suspicion that certain people have things to hide.

Crazy times and another nail in the coffin of democracy from the clowns running the circus.

akarjl

Quote from: admin on May 15, 2017, 10: AM
Reports and Agenda

http://www.hartlepoolpost.co.uk/files/council agenda 23052017.pdf

Interesting read detailing
the clowncils attempt to ignored residents of seaton regarding parking charges
justify carpet gate ( has anyone actually sourced the "advice they claim the decision was based on?
Opening up yet anther "cafe" having just operated one at a massive loss for years

and .....preventing public questions.....

Wish I hadn't read it...indigestion now and blood pressure up I suspect......

As a previous member said...we need to challenge EVERY candidate that comes knocking on our doors...well other than Fat Boy slim, lying Ste and Crannible who, if they are daft enough to knock on my door will be told to foxtrot oscar.....

seaton

So the town is now a Dictatorship, no one is allowed to ask questions ?

norfolkngoode

Quote from: seaton on May 15, 2017, 02: PM
So the town is now a Dictatorship, no one is allowed to ask questions ?

Its certainly looking that way, what a spineless shower of 5hite they are.
'They don't like it up em'

jawsbbc

and will the hartlepool fail be printing all this ??

fred c

As P Thompson mentions a full council chamber will show the Dictators that people are  ready to stand up to them..... I should find out in the next week or so if the CEO will allow me to engage in the democratic process again by allowing me to enter council properties after my 6 month ban ends on the 25th of May.

DRiddle

6 months eh Fred? 6 months. The same amount of time the 'lone wolf'  ::) Wilcox got for multiple counts of fraud of public monies and tax evasion.

You got six months for calling Stephen a blithering idiot. There are many who would argue you deserved a civic honour.

steveL

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

fred c

Quote from: DRiddle on May 15, 2017, 04: PM
6 months eh Fred? 6 months. The same amount of time the 'lone wolf'  ::) Wilcox got for multiple counts of fraud of public monies and tax evasion.

You got six months for calling Stephen a blithering idiot. There are many who would argue you deserved a civic honour.

The ban from council meetings was until 25/5/2017, however, that is open to review, I suppose by the CEO and Borough Solicitor, quite why my ban is open to review i'm not sure, but hey ho time will tell.

not4me

Gill Alexander and Peter Devlin should both resign because neither have properly fulfilled their roles as overseers of the democratic process. I read the buzzfeed bit about George Springer and of how he was instructed to go through diversity training - fair enough - but then I remembered how after Cranney's infamous 'have I slept with you' comment, which made the national press and brought the whole council into disrepute, he wasn't singled out like Springer for diversity training, instead ALL councillors were told to attend the training.

steveL

The odd thing about HBC is that opposition is totally frowned upon. Labour don't seem to believe that anyone has a right to disagree with them and certainly not to question their actions but the real anomaly is that neither do the Chief Executive or the Chief Solicitor who are fully signed up with Christopher. Their idea of a local councillor is 33 councillors all agreeing to follow the lead of the ruling group without question and anyone who doesn't do so or makes waves in any form is just a nuisance to be discouraged and thwarted at every opportunity.

Opposition has a role within a council and especially with this one where the 'official' scrutiny function has been neutered through the sale of the Chair of Audit and Governance in return for 3 seats on the Planning Committee.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.