Seaton Parking Charges

Started by testing times, February 21, 2017, 12: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred c

Looks like Mad Dog has joined the list of congenital liars within the LabTor Mob........

Johnny Bongo

Quote from: fred c on February 22, 2017, 06: PM
Looks like Mad Dog has joined the list of congenital liars within the LabTor Mob........

I thought that it was a prerequisite to being a LabTor councillor!

steveL

Things don't move quickly in Civic land. If the starting gun on all this wasn't fired until last Monday afternoon (strictly speaking, it shouldn't be fired until after it's been to full council) then that would give HBC around 5 to 6 weeks to get the ticket machines ordered, installed and operation by April. That's not really going to happen - like EVER.

I'm with FFS on this one. The go-ahead was given months ago.

At the risk of repeating myself, the spin is that HBC 'lost' £140,000 in parking charges last year when in fact, all that happened is that the council didn't make as much as expected from shopping centre car parking - i.e. its budget forecast was wrong. This shortfall, I would guess, is as a result of fewer people using the shopping centre for the obvious reasons; the shops are sh**e and the parking is either free or cheaper elsewhere. Only HBC, Denise Ogden and Mark Rycraft are unaware of this, apparently.

What would normally happen now if we were dealing with a 'normal' organisation, is that next year's budget forecast would be adjusted downwards to reflect the new circumstances i.e. the council now knows that last year's figure was over-optimistic and completely unrealistic, - this is how forecasting works.

Because HBC is not, in any sense of the word, a 'normal' organisation, what should be a budget forecast has been turned into a target and corrective action has been taken in order to make the actual figure match the forecast figure when normal practice would be to adjust future forecast figures to reflect actuals.

Why is it done like this?

Because the likes of Mad Marj, Cranney and the SCABS became councillors in order to spend money - your money - on things they like to spend it on; chiefly, self enrichment and getting re-elected. Anything that might lessen their ability to do so, such as the council living within its means is an anathema to them. These are the Wonga Managers, the buy-now-pay-later Managers, the 'I'll act as Guarantor for your daughter's 4x4, Angie' Managers, the runts of the litter that pinched their siblings Easter Eggs managers.

I can put all this much more succinctly.....

As a properly functioning entity, Hartlepool Borough Council is a complete f*c*-up.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

The Great Dictator

It would be most detrimental to the businesses in Seaton, when they did this on Navigation Point it ruined a few people.

Johnny Bongo

Quote from: The Great Dictator on February 22, 2017, 10: PM
It would be most detrimental to the businesses in Seaton, when they did this on Navigation Point it ruined a few people.

I would reckon that it did ruin a few people on Nav Point, TGD.  As it happened, today I decided, on a whim, to take my dear ol' mam down to Nav Point , to buy her (and me!) some lunch.  As soon as I turned into the road and saw that there was a parking charge (which I forgot, as I don't frequent the place!) I decided to leave!  Principle not price! It looked like a ghost town anyway!  We ended up in Morrisons...not exactly a lovely view from the windows...but it wasn't exactly summer, was it!  Free parking and a fiver for fish and chips!  Mini rant over!  This Labour council will kill the town and it knows it!  I sometimes wonder (not just after a bottle of red! ;D) if Hartlepool and its people, are part of some bizarre social experiment, the main purpose being to see just how much misery, crap, and sh**e the PTB/ Illuminatti (whatever you want to label them! )they can inflict upon us before we rebel / revolt. Yeh, they've been doing it for decades...and the people still vote them in!  Doesn't bode well for the future of Hartlepool...if we have one! 

Inspector Knacker

As long as people vote for a party and not for a candidate we'll have this problem .
Most of these people would come second if they stood unopposed as independents.
Going back to the original mayoral election which was won by H'angus and not someone in a suit, it was merely the electorate's way of saying 'none of the others'.
I abhor the idea that these illiterates are in charge of my town, it's like watching a chimp sorting out a china cabinet.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Alnwickist

There is a Full Council meeting at 7pm tonight. Agenda, reports and minutes  ➡️️ www.hartlepool.gov.uk/meetings/meeting/3551/council
Agenda includes:- Throston and Seaton libraries are in poor condition and have exceeded their anticipated life span. (Does this mean we are now going to lose our library?)
Beach Safety Budget Pressure
One off funding has previously been approved to retain the Lifeguard
Service until 2016/17, on the basis that this service would be removed in 2017/18. The total value of this saving is £75,000 and for planning purposes the achievement of this saving was included in the updated budget forecasts considered by the Finance and Policy Committee on 20th June 2016. This was subject to the outcome of a service review to be considered by the relevant policy committee later in the year. The continuation of any service provision after 31st March 2017 will result in a future budget pressure of £67k. The service will provide a summer holiday only lifeguard service and paddling pool provision at Seaton Carew and the Headland. It is proposed that this pressure can be funded by introducing seasonal car parking charges and a separate report outlining this proposal is to be considered later in the meeting's agenda)

kevplumb

Quote from: AlnwickistThe service will provide a summer holiday only lifeguard service and paddling pool provision at Seaton Carew and the Headland. It is proposed that this pressure can be funded by introducing seasonal car parking charges and a separate report outlining this proposal is to be considered later in the meeting's agenda)

i thought the revenue from  parking charges had to be used on transport infrastructure  ?
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Land Phil

I think at was clarified as parking fines.

kevplumb

thanks for clarifying that  :)
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

steveL

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

fred c

You really have to wonder about the hypocrisy shown by this lot, Cllr Hunter spoke in support of & voted for the introduction of parking charges, then posted on Seaton Carew News FB  Page.... what a "Brilliant Attraction" for Seaton the new Micro Pub will be....... you can only shake your head at his logic.

steveL

Hard to figure Hunter out. I gave his forever optimistic view a bit of space when he first appeared convinced that it was only a matter of time before he smelled the coffee but I now believe him to be olfactory deficient.

https://youtu.be/Wv_662IqKto

DRiddle

Hunter's a strange one. He's eager to give his views over facebook on groups like Town of Hartlepool, Seaton Carew News etc. but he shy's away very quickly from actually discussing a political issue linked to what it is he wants to chip in about.

Take earlier for example, there was some dialogue between Dave Hunter and Geoff Lilley about the new micro pub. Geoff asked Hunter WHY he voted for the parking charges in Seaton.

Hunter quickly shut the conversation down. . . but, said he looked forward to meeting with Geoff socially to discuss things.

I don't know how many seats 'room 101' has, but what with Jim Lindridge spilling the beans, and Hunter offering Marjorie's arch nemesis an olive branch... it could get pretty crowded in there.

Especially when they find out which one of them has been putting the word about regarding a certain UKIP councilor's antics at Christmas.

fred c

Apparently Cllr Hunter considers me to be a keyboard warrior...... if by that he means I have the interests of Hartlepool at heart & that I don't jump on CAB's shovel when he shouts s**t..... errrrmm I probably am.......... if on the other hand, I was an elected councillor who sold my soul for a committee chair or stood in full council & told blatant lies or stood idly bye whilst a council business premises happened to be losing £20,000 a year  ;) ;) ;)