General Election

Started by Balotelli, April 24, 2015, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balotelli

It appears that someone is following this thread....

deleted

sorry James but we're not having Blackwood posting on here using you as a proxy

steveL

For the record, Keith Dawkins doesn't have a Facebook account and so has never posted anything.

It seems to be a characteristic of this election that we have a few people making use of social media to spread false rumours about others. We've already seen it with incorrect stories about Picton and now we have others being targeted.

Last week, we were made aware of a completely fake Facebook account which had been set up in the name of Steve Fleet who edits the Hartlepool Post. There was only one posting on the account which was a fascist rant of some description which I suspect was composed by a friend of this forum's (sic) who is finding his writing talents in low demand these days.

Steve chose to ignore it but a week later the National Health Action Pary candidate in Headland and Harbour was posting on the Hartlepool Politics site quoting from the same fake account but this time linking PHF to the Hartlepool Post and its editor. I'm aware that I could have whoever this guy is (I've actually forgotten his name, such is the impact his campaign is having in the ward) for all kinds of breaches of election law but instead I'll content myself with a nice phone call to him over the weekend.

The point is that there are people out there who last year, were telling us all not to vote at all; this year they're trying a new tactic which is to use social media to spread false information about candidates and others having realised that social media is the ideal way to do so without responsibility; they are now busying themselves doing just that.

Remember James. 'We keep you alive to serve this ship.' Pre-mod is always just a few clicks away.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Balotelli

Steve,

I thought I'd made it clear in my earlier post that it wasn't Keith Dawkins throwing mental health slurs about.

For the avoidance of doubt:  Keith Dawkins was most definitely not the person I was referring to.

As for pre-mod, I'll take that as a friendly warning, although I'm not sure what, line I am crossing here?

If you could point me or one of the other Hartlepool Politics admins in the general direction of this fake profile, one of us will make the appropriate investigations and take action if necessary.

I'd appreciate if we could get back on topic. 

DRiddle

Lord Elpus

I thought it was about various butchers puddings, I also enjoy that Scots delicacy, fruit pudding, fried with crispy bacon.

beanzontoast

who on earth is this Stephen Picton, the people of Hartlepool and this country are in my opinion going to make the greatest decision in less than 2 weeks than you can comprehend,  its either give us our country back, I only of course refer to FREEDOMS Fought and died for, I of course would like you to consider the government you elect may not be so accommodating, they governments ( all been tried before ) some are more equal than others now where have I heard that before.

steveL

Your posts read like Japanese Knotweed, Tom.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

Here is something to help Tom.

Put a few of them in every future post!

WiseOwl

Once again the scum rises to try to put off genuine people of this area.
Don't feel intimidated by them because they are just trying to be cyber bullies as they wouldn't dare speak face to face with genuine people because they might feel intimidated.
Obviously it is them who are fixated with UKIP otherwise they wouldn't rabbit on so much about them.
This poll isn't about any particular party.
They either know that and are trying to scare off good people or they are too thick to realise.
Thankyou all you genuine people who have taken time to look think and vote.
Keep it up please as the poll is time sensitive

Lord Elpus

Quote from: beanzontoast on April 24, 2015, 10: PM
who on earth is this Stephen Picton, the people of Hartlepool and this country are in my opinion going to make the greatest decision in less than 2 weeks than you can comprehend,  its either give us our country back, I only of course refer to FREEDOMS Fought and died for, I of course would like you to consider the government you elect may not be so accommodating, they governments ( all been tried before ) some are more equal than others now where have I heard that before.

So Tom, are you a blackpudding fan? 

I think the golden rule of not posting when one has had a few too many sherberts should apply in this case.

WiseOwl

Good luck with your voting: so far it's creating an interesting picture.
thanks again for those who have taken the trouble to vote in our poll

WiseOwl

Thanks everyone for making for an interesting poll.
There is a time limit on it but you can still vote for your opinion.
Democracy in progress... words not used for very many years!

getagrip

Northerners making sacrifices for the Southerners? Hilarious!

Hartlepudlion

Well wiseowl,  I don't understand your inclusion "Northerners making sacrifices for Southerners."

The South raises considerably more in taxes than does the North. If we didn't have the South to subsidise us we would be more than poor, we would be destitute! Either that or all wages would disappear in taxes.

WiseOwl

Thanks for putting across your views and taking part.
Maybe a look at the fact that £200 is spent per capita in the North and £5,000 for instance in London might elucidate, but somehow this was already known.
The fact that in the South the cosy tory cabal has had a great time whilst us up North have been sh!t on.
That is for another day, but now back to the poll please