General Election

Started by Balotelli, April 24, 2015, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

testing times

I wonder if I'm alone in thinking that this has been one of the most boring General Election campaigns ever. No spontaneity and heavily controlled with each day, a routine of competing, planned announcements from each party. It's no wonder that the electorate have been switched off by it all.

DRiddle

Johnny Bongo

I don't believe it :o...as Victor Meldrew would say.  Yet another UKIP leaflet (see my post no. 210 above!) and it's for Bill Jervis/ Burn valley ward (again).  Do the UKIP foot sloggers talk to each other, have a logistical plan any sort?  If this is the indication of how they organise themselves at this level, I don't hold out ANY hope if they get any seats!     

Balotelli

Where's that Farage fan gone who was banging on about Nige winning South Thanet? 

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Balotelli on May 08, 2015, 12: PM
Where's that Farage fan gone who was banging on about Nige winning South Thanet?

Back into his cave?  ;)

mk1

I have seen many elections. They are never as 'earth -shattering' as those who win would like you to believe. It is just the Tories time and as always it will return to Labour's turn. That is just how it is. The one real benefit I see this time round is the  demolition of UKIP. Cameron is no longer going to be held hostage by the fruitcakes in his own party and if anyone threatens to defect to UKIP then I presume they will have their bags packed for them. The far right is gone and UK politics will be  a better place because of it.
What I do forsee is gerrymandering by the Tories to  remove Labour's Scottish base. You can be sure laws will be enacted they are designed  to disenfranchise Scottish Labour voters.
It is a safe bet to predict Mother  Belcher is going to be very rapidly promoted if for no other reason that to protect the family business (obtaining Council grants/funding) once hopeless CAB and partner are ousted.
Anyone care to predict how long she will wait before forming a Company and getting as much money as Angie?

Balotelli

Wherever he is, I hope he lost as much money as I won on last nights results.....

suvin

Everyone should read the first article here@:

http://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co.uk/