VE Day

Started by Hartlepudlion, May 09, 2015, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hartlepudlion

I saw barriers going up in Victory Square yesterday. I assume it is to do with VE Day.

Anybody have any details?

lynda

A Beacon was lit in Victory Square last night. Il give you three guesses by whom.

steveL

There's a pic somewhere on the Mail site of him lighting the beacon; I thought of my Dad when I saw it. He was on the Russian Convoys and as a result, spent the rest of his life with a piece of shrapnel embedded in his skull. He would have been deeply offended at the thought of such a lying, self-serving piece of s**t being given the honour of lighting the beacon and had he been present, I know exactly where he would have stuffed the torch.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

lynda

Yes i agree lol. My father was in the Merchant Navy during the war and his brother went down on the Fishpool, Dad joined the Army straight after. He loved this town. I often wonder what he would think of it now. :(

fred c

The man ? doesn't possess a shred of moral fibre, he is a proven unmitigated lying tosser,who has an over inflated opinion of himself & his intellectual  capacity he will, because of those unhealthy  traits end up in serious trouble at some point in his life, he has been very lucky up to now but he will, sooner rather than later end up in deep s°°t 😁😁😁😁😁

lynda

I hope so Fred. If all those who fought seen this town today they'd  wonder what the f...k they'd  been fighting for.

Jeff

I had the honour of ringing the church bells at Hart today.. in the company of a 93 year old man who served in the DLI in WW2.  A truly humbling experience.
I  may know buggerall but at least I know it

lynda

I bet it was Jeff. Im a DLI army brat and proud to be so. :)