Phillip's NHS Election Pledges

Started by Phil UKIP, November 21, 2014, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

Quote from: beanzontoast on December 08, 2014, 11: AM
MK1 I Will of course answer your questions, on the minimum wage  I would keep it however many people are aware the minimum wage isn't the best individual measure to boost take home pay, the personal allowance threshold is much better I would have the personal threshold £1,000 higher than the minimum wage

So miserly employers won't have to pay more and the taxpayer will take a hit to subsidise them paying skinflint wages. Big business friendly UKIP?

The working time directive,  I would keep but modify the 48 hour working rule to an individual choice, as an example should a company require some overtime workers should be able to say yes,

You do not seem to understand the directive. Thats how it works now. Perhaps it is just your knee-jerk 'anything from Europe must be bad' mindset leading you astray?

my answer then is yes I would have people work for benefits, however this would be modified to any company starting up for the first time, or any company who required skilled labour, in those cases any person who wishes to work the employer pays nothing to the person on benefits, the government takes the person off jobseekers allowance and pays the minimum wage and working tax credits. I am sure I will not receive any grief from Nigel
I am sure you will not. Nigel is a City Trader/spiv/wide boy who is only too delighted that gullible fools like yourself can contemplate forcing  people on benefits to work for nothing for his big business backers. Again we have a policy where skinflint employers are to be subsisided by the taxpayer.

beanzontoast

MK1 I am not gullable I am a realist, unlike yourself it seems I realise there are 3 types of enterprise,  1. those that start a business 2. those that work for a business and 3 the state, the state dosent by definition make money it relies on 1 & 2 in the way of taxes. Benefits as I recall were to help in the short term to ease hardship however many people as you are well aware continue to use benefits as a lifestyle choice. And as a realist its inevitable things will change,  and whoever gets to form a government in may will have to make cuts. My question to you MK1 is what would your answers be to the same questions you put to me.

mk1

Quote from: beanzontoast on December 09, 2014, 09: AM
many people as you are well aware continue to use benefits as a lifestyle choice.

Yes thats right. People want to live on 70 quid a week because it is such an easy option.

Cuts?
How about cancelling the silly aircraft carriers, the ones with no aircraft? Is it still UKIP policy to massively increase defence spending?

beanzontoast

I come from a different age MK1 back then people perhaps thought differently, being independent, self reliant, to take responsibility, living on 70 per week will not be easy, nor is going out to work on the minimum wage, in the winter with 3 jobs, getting to these jobs walking or on a bike and pays tax, this ladys husband died  several years ago she won't take days off work when ill, and to cap it all the government have just increased her retirement age, she missed the deadline by about 4 days, she has always voted for Labour but now she is beginning to wonder. Again you didn't answer my questions so let me leave you with this, democracy and capitalism isn't perfect by no means the alternative types of government have been tried before and all have eliminated those who occupy any area deemed Unproductive to that society careful who u vote for.

not4me

"careful who u vote for"

Well you got that bit right at least. ::) Your posts make bugger all sense to me, Beanz. Is your brain being distracted by the bells?

http://www.hartlepoolpost.co.uk

mk1

Quote from: beanzontoast on December 09, 2014, 01: PM
I come from a different age MK1 back then people perhaps thought differently, being independent, self reliant, to take responsibility,

To start with I am older than you so no  lectures on the 'good old days' if you don't mind.
I come from an era when Church Bells were an everyday  thing. Not now it seems. NIMBY jumped up councillors try and silence them. Beanz what do you think about this  Tom Heinz the UKIP Councillor?

living on 70 per week will not be easy, nor is going out to work on the minimum wage, in the winter with 3 jobs, getting to these jobs walking or on a bike and pays tax,

You should  get on to Nigel then. He was going to make ALL people on Welfare  do unpaid work.The point being that  vast  numbers of the working poor get benefits. So  these people with  3 jobs you talk about would be forced to do a 4th to pay for their housing benefit etc. It is just brain dead ignorant people who think only unemployed people get welfare

and to cap it all the government have just increased her retirement age
One of the biggest drains on 'Welfare' is pensions. Because pensioners vote in large numbers they have been protected against the cuts others have suffered. I suspect that you would like to keep this  situation and  like most right whingers only want 'welfare' to go to groups you consider worthy. The 'undeserving poor' have no place in this dystopian UKIP nightmare.

beanzontoast

Ok notforme, which parts of my last thread did you not understand,  because I am quite happy to shed some light into your darkness,  even though like MK1 you both I'm sure understand my last thread,  but just in case I assume to much regarding your abilities,  then just break the thread into smaller pieces that should help enormously,

beanzontoast

Marvelous you got back MK1, how delightful, lets see if I can help answer mre of your questions, although I am at a loss as to how you know you are older than me, and I'm not sure of your point in churches,  bells, and NIMBYS. I would like you to elaborate I can then move on to answer more of your questions.

mk1

Quote from: beanzontoast on December 09, 2014, 02: PM
and I'm not sure of your point in churches,  bells, and NIMBYS. I would like you to elaborate I can then move on to answer more of your questions.

You are Tom Heinz. The UKIP councillor  complaining about the bells at Seaton.
Coun Hind, 63, of the Seaton Ward, said: "I am very pleased with the result and I have fought a good campaign.

I can understand how you would wish to deny this but you are wasting your time.

beanzontoast

MK1 why would I wish to deny anything I asked how you knew you were older than me and now I know,  I'm happy for you, I also understand the bells comment however if you had thought about it a little more rather than jumping to conclusions.
A resident in the vicinity of Trinity Church asked said councillor to enquire as to why the church bells were ringing out every 30 minutes starting at 4.30 on the AM side of the clock and several residents were woken up every morning to cut a long story short clock mechanism at said church was broken and was to be repaired on the 16th shut down to stop any further inconvenience all happy and I was fascinated with clock history and gave donation to help with the repair, and it will be clanging again soon at a more appropriate time. I hope that helps.

beanzontoast

MK1 To answer another of your questions, Pensions, but first you are quite correct pensioners do vote in large numbers which is a good thing to do as we are in a democracy, however where I must make a point Pensions are not welfare,  people who have worked have payed into the pension system, the UK had the best pension scheme in the world, Geoffrey Howe, and later Gordon Brown raided the pension scheme and ruined it, the government still have an obligation to pensioners but by linking it with welfare they can get rid of it all together,  I'm sure you see what they hope to achieve by this, pensioners do thats why they vote.  I vote and have paid in for more than enough stamps and still working,  nationally there are now a record number of over 50 somethings starting their own business,  because they can't get jobs, the lady I mentioned earlier with 3 jobs we and I'm sure yourself from that age group don't whinge about it, we sort it out.

DRiddle

The more local UKIP political figures speak out on this forum, the more worried I become for the residents of any ward which has the misfortune to be represented by them.

The present crop of councillors are largely devoid of any political acumen, with many either completely politically naïve, or dangerously over opinionated on practically every issue they're asked to make a decision on.

However, UKIPs contribution to local government thus far in Hartlepool is rapidly becoming a car crash which makes the Labour Party look almost competent.

Almost.

mk1

Quote from: beanzontoast on December 10, 2014, 10: AM
however where I must make a point Pensions are not welfare,
You are wrong. Pensions are 'Welfare'.

Quote from: beanzontoast on December 10, 2014, 10: AM
the UK had the best pension scheme in the world

No it did not. You must get over this delusion that the UK can do things better than those nasty europeans. UK pensions were miserly.
Quote from: beanzontoast on December 10, 2014, 10: AMthe government still have an obligation to pensioners but by linking it with welfare they can get rid of it all together,

That simply does not make any sense. What on earth are you trying to say?

Paul Bearer

::)Well Philip, all your election promises, pledges, intentions, call them what you will have all been said in the past.

I for one dont trust UKIP either locally or nationally, what you all fail to say is "how" you intend to implement your manifesto.
Where the funding will come from?
The impact of your "proposals"
Timescale?
Alternatives?
Impacts?

none have mentioned policy on Education, Reformation of the House of Lords,Transport, Taxation, Employment, Crime, Law and Order, The Minimum Wage, Protecting Workers Rights, Trade union Law etc etc etc.

If it was not for the MPs that have defected to your party from established political seats, you would have no Members of Parliament at all.

beanzontoast

Hi MK1 Lets look at this, Pensions are not Welfare fot those who have paid in to it, within the national insurance contributions which I and millions of others paid into every week, I'm still paying it even though I have more than enough stamps from working,  the problem as I see it is the amount of people who are not working as much and therefore the guarantee the government made for everyone to have a state pension is not achievable, to offset this they increased the pensionable age, then they introduced the workplace pension scheme,  again I am now paying this, I will accept your point the UK didn't have the best pension scheme in the world,  I should have said ONE of the best pension schemes,  I hope thats acceptable to you. As to where im going with this iquite simply the government over time will put the responsibility for a pension on the individual and not the state. Welfare is the largest cost to this country,  even labour has now said the deficit needs to be tackled lets see how both parties sell this one.