Phillip's NHS Election Pledges

Started by Phil UKIP, November 21, 2014, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

for fawkes sake

From what I can see, Mr Broughton is hoping to be elected simply by riding the national UKIP wave and by cashing in on Wright's unpopularity. UKIP's policies are all over the place, complicated by the fact that they seem to have different views as to what those policies are - how many times now have we heard some UKIP member telling us 'how it is' only for Farage to appear some time later explaining what the first guy actually meant to say.

Perhaps Philip could explain this to me. For all of his rhetoric on the hospital issue, I'm told that the two UKIP councillors refused to sign the letter which triggered the public meeting of next Monday. That was left to Independent and PHF councillors which seems to be 'the norm' in the council. What was the problem which prevented your two UKIP councillors signing the paper?

I might still be persuaded to vote UKIP in May's General Election to remove Mr Wright but so far their two councillors have proven to be a waste of two seats in the council chamber. I will stick with those prepared to raise their heads above the parapet and DO something.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

DRiddle

To be fair, I don't think it was as straightforward as them refusing to sign the letter.

It seemed to be, perhaps even more worryingly, a case of at least one of them saying "What's all this about?".

If they'd have said "No I'm a big supporter a fully centralising services no matter what the cost"... then that's one thing.

But to seemingly not even understand the issue... well, that's another thing altogether.

not4me

well I'm sure Wrighty will be very grateful now that you've now told him precisely what your election strategy is :o

DRiddle

There's a lot of truth in that. I've had leaflets and I've seen PB and ukippers out delivering many times as it goes.

Presumably PB will be very visual and vocal on Monday too.

fred c

Did the flaccid "Member" decide to attend Monday evenings meeting at the invitation of The Dear Leader & The TorLab Mob, or that of an Independent Counilor ?

He must realise that he is likely to come under serious fire for his performance (or Lack of it) in the Hospital Saga, however the meeting is a presentation by Foster & Garvin, not an open debate on their performance, & as such the Member may not even have to utter a word, just sit there & do the square root of FA.......... pretty much what he has done throughout the whole disgraceful process.

Hopefully PB will be in attendance, it will be an opportunity for him to present himself to a large number of Hartlepudlians as a viable candidate in May, it might also be an opportunity for him to give the flaccid Member a bloody nose.

beanzontoast

I am sure UKIP are not expecting anything to fall into their lap as far as elections go, but lets take the hospital this has been going on since 2004 if you care to look at the timetable it clearly shows the Labour party were the ones who closed the hospital in Hartlepool and yet you still vote for them, why is that, the 2 UKIP councillors have only been elected in may and know full well all the issues relating to the town, my point is why have those councillors who have been councillors for years been so ineffective,  2 PHF councillors were on the planning committee and the traveller site still went to Hart, the extraordinary meeting to get the Mayor to stand down well he didn't and both UKIP councillors voted for  him to do so, as long as you have 19  labour councillors and they get it to a vote the outcome is obvious,  but Hartlepool votes them in, and the residents complain.

pensionater

Still don't get why Doris Bonkers and O.D. have been banned.Although i didn't agree with most of their posts ,we all know that loads of people post under more than one name so whats the difference?.

DRiddle

QuoteI am sure UKIP are not expecting anything to fall into their lap as far as elections go, but lets take the hospital this has been going on since 2004 if you care to look at the timetable it clearly shows the Labour party were the ones who closed the hospital in Hartlepool and yet you still vote for them, why is that, the 2 UKIP councillors have only been elected in may and know full well all the issues relating to the town, my point is why have those councillors who have been councillors for years been so ineffective,  2 PHF councillors were on the planning committee and the traveller site still went to Hart, the extraordinary meeting to get the Mayor to stand down well he didn't and both UKIP councillors voted for  him to do so, as long as you have 19  labour councillors and they get it to a vote the outcome is obvious,  but Hartlepool votes them in, and the residents complain.

The outcome is obvious yes. There are 19 Labour, plus 3 masquerading as Tories, which gives the council leader a comfortable 22 of the 33 elected councillors at his disposal. Everybody knows virtually every vote will go the way they want it to go. However, that doesn't mean the other 11 non-Lab/Con councillors should simply sit there mute and take it.

Every vote within the council is an opportunity to air your views, to put forward your beliefs and to promote what it is that you (and/or your party) actually think about the issue in question.

That's assuming of course, that you actually have an opinion.

beanzontoast

The 2 UKIP councillors did put a request in for their names to be included for the extraordinary meeting re the hospital,  the request went directly to Peter Devlin and were duly informed he had enough names,  and there was a statement that mentioned no UKIP COUNCILLORS were at the cenotaph for remembrance Sunday,  the councillor for Seaton was at the cenotaph in Seaton, 

Lucy Lass-Tick

Sometimes it seems that the townspeople's apathy is underwhelming -  I do wonder, however, how much has been a true 'couldn't care less' attitude and how much a feeling of being powerless?  Whatever has been the case, recent events (such as last week's meeting in the library and people's attitude to SAB) point towards a sea change -there does seem to be an growing public awareness of (and anger towards) the magnitude of Hartlepool's problems!

beanzontoast

The issue regarding the hospital from UKIP is quite clear for those voters in Seaton and Jesmond it's in UKIPS manifesto but councillor Riddle must disagree with UKIPS position on Hartlepool hospital as he is on record as despising everything UKIP stands for.

DRiddle

Quotecouncillor Riddle must disagree with UKIPS position on Hartlepool hospital as he is on record as despising everything UKIP stands for.

Not so. I'm actually warming to Tom and George in much the same way that I enjoyed 'Statler and Waldorf' as a child.

mk1

Quote from: pensionater on November 23, 2014, 06: PM
Still don't get why Doris Bonkers and O.D. have been banned.Although i didn't agree with most of their posts ,we all know that loads of people post under more than one name so whats the difference?.

Only one was banned. The other is subject to a delay whilst his posts are checked. If you are interested check out all those who are on pre-mod. It might help explain a few things.

I dispute that there are 'loads' of people posting under different names  and anyway you have to catch out the imposter before you can ban him.
For certain 1 poster here who is on pre-mod is using another identity to post and he does not even try and hide it because he  (now) uses his real name in his duplicate ID. On a scale of 1 to 10 as being an 'enemy' or 'active wrecker' of the site I would make him no 3. He is not being punished for his sins so claims 'enemies' are being silenced are  rubbish.

beanzontoast

It wasn't an altogether unexpected reply Sir, however UKIP do not require any lessons from PHF on policy or what UKIP stands for it's academic really, no one really knows what PHF stands for that in itself is not entirely correct. PHF does have one policy and that is it DISPISES EVERYTHING UKIP STANDS FOR.