Why such interest in UKIP

Started by Mican, November 04, 2014, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beanzontoast

Let me see if I can make this plain so any reasonably intelligent person can grasp it, I must stress this is my own personal oppinion. Question when Red Ed said we are all in this together who do you think he was refering to,  all labour supporters thought he meant them, WRONG. I have mentioned this next bit before you really need to pay attention Labour brought mass immigration to England for 2 reasons votes is one the other is to provide cheap labour to the torys multinational company's the we're all in it together was the torys and labour are in it together, and the reason is china we can't beat it so watch out for an increase in manufacturing here,  it's not that we can't beat them with manufacturing we can our labour costs are too high. And heres another question you navel gazers won't get and I'm not giving the answer you will have to start doing jigsaws  those who have been looking through the square window may have noticed that old street fighter John Prescott in Newcastle the other day the question is what was he doing there, when you figure that out extrapolate it and the answer will astound you.

DRiddle

Was he at George Cairns' funeral?

Or was he playing croquet down the Scotswood Road (having been chauffeured there in one of his jaguars) ?

pensionater

Thought "we are all in this together"was Camerons sound bite?.Cheap labour for the Tories but our labour costs are too high ?.

Mican

Quote from: steveL on November 06, 2014, 03: PM
Yes but it's a bit like the argument to vote UKIP simply to get rid of Wrighty i.e. 'for the greater good'. UKIP are quite happy with that if they are the ones to benefit but when it came to the council chamber and a sensible approach to get rid of the Labour majority (for the greater good) UKIP didn't want to know.

It's probably just as well. When a UKIP councillor spouts off against a housing development claiming that 'it would end up being full of immigrants' then to quote the Scotsman, "'Am oot!"

You never fail to amaze me Steve, once again in reply to a post you call UKIP and UKIP councillors worse than sh*te then expect them to side with you "for the greater good".  Personally if I was a UKIP councillor and you came to me with a proposition and an extended hand I would tell you where to shove both.  Will you never learn.

DRiddle

Half the problem there though Mican, is one parties ability/willingness to make the most of the most interesting political situation for a generation, cancelled out by the other party getting lost in their own hype.

Here's how I genuinely see it.

UKIP in a 4 or 5 horse race could poll around 8,000-9,000 in the GE and Wright will win with a totally blinkered Labour vote of 10,000+.  (The Tories and the Liberal Democrats having came nowhere).

PHF could easily poll 4,000-5,000 with a paper candidate.

Personally I despise everything UKIP stand for.... but.... I see the logic in each party not cancelling out the other both in the GE and the locals.

Labour are absolutely banking on UKIP and PHF (and the Tories) contesting all 11 wards.

If we do, I see Labour being reduced to 17, UKIP rising to 4 with PHF maybe staying as we are (although perhaps with some losses and gains across the wards).

Labour know a different situation could very easily cost them 4 or 5 wards and get their total down to maybe 14 or 15.

If that happened, we'd have an interesting situation within the chamber.

Regrettably, I think the window of opportunity will be lost due to egos getting the better of pragmatism.

Mican

Quote from: DRiddle on November 06, 2014, 08: PM
Half the problem there though Mican, is one parties ability/willingness to make the most of the most interesting political situation for a generation, cancelled out by the other party getting lost in their own hype.

While I agree with the rest of your post, with this bit the way I genuinely see it, is that your party has constantly criticised in writing on social media another party, which you then blame for not joining you, if the boot was on the other foot would you be prepared to join in?

DRiddle

It's not about anyone joining anyone.

It's about doing what's necessary to achieve a mutual objective.

Mican

Quote from: DRiddle on November 06, 2014, 09: PM
It's not about anyone joining anyone.

It's about doing what's necessary to achieve a mutual objective.

You're getting to be quite the politition Dave, pity your friends haven't joined you:  "To Mican I would say that it was PHF that held out a tactical hand to UKIP."

beanzontoast

And as usual from DLIDDLE its not about joining anyone,  its more about a mutual objective, what does that mean exactly in English please, are you for not joining anyone or you would prefer they joined you or what, and what is this mutual objective you speak of

Lord Elpus

beanze, are you really that out of touch with reality. 

beanzontoast

I'm just replying to Driddle and his comment re PHF putting up an MP and im out of touch with reality, you heard it here folks PHF are putting up an MP in May

steveL

oh God, what's the point....... :-X
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

fred c

Quote from: Mican on November 06, 2014, 09: PM
Quote from: DRiddle on November 06, 2014, 08: PM

While I agree with the rest of your post, with this bit the way I genuinely see it, is that your party has constantly criticised in writing on social media another party, which you then blame for not joining you, if the boot was on the other foot would you be prepared to join in?

This post isn`t about UKIP or PHF or Labour, its about the future direction of Hartlepool, from what i have seen so far from the 2 UKIP councilor so far they haven`t exactly joined with the Indys or PHF to fight whats going on within our council.

UKIP need to look into the only way forward for them & Hartlepool Council, an election stategy isn`t about "Joining Anyone" its about putting Hartlepool above petty party politics.

fred c

Quote from: beanzontoast on November 06, 2014, 11: PM
I'm just replying to Driddle and his comment re PHF putting up an MP and im out of touch with reality, you heard it here folks PHF are putting up an MP in May

And as usual from DLIDDLE its not about joining anyone,  its more about a mutual objective, what does that mean exactly in English please, are you for not joining anyone or you would prefer they joined you or what, and what is this mutual objective you speak of

WARNING WARNING Will Robinson

Go To Start OF Thread And Re-Read, And Digest Before Posting.

WTF............. You really need to take the future of Hartlepool into account, your above comment smacks of xenphobic paranoia

Party Pooper

Quote from: beanzontoast on November 06, 2014, 10: PM
Beanz I am sure he will draw you a picture if you bring your own crayons.