Alternatives to UKIP?

Started by Stranger in a Strange ..., October 19, 2014, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Party Pooper

One Direction
Have re read your post and think I understand the football point now. Did you know a lot of good football clubs do take positive steps to discourage violent thugs from their ground, a lot even actively partake in anti racist campaigns to eradicate racists form their grounds and to enlighten people.
Maybe UKIP should do likewise.

Mican

[quote author=one direction li

Very true. However its good fun. Personally i'm probably going to write "none of the above" on my ballot paper as no party has convinced me they are worth voting for. I detest them all equally but i also detest people who throw around allegations of racism, sexism, homophobia, islamophobia or indeed any form of politically correct claptrap. Fanatical ukiper, fanatical ukip hater?  Two sides of the same coin to me!
[/quote]

My sentiments to a "T".  Like yourself I find it unbelivable some of the comments written on here, when asked to explain themselves with a simple question they are at a loss to answer and suddenly fill the page with gobbledy gook to try to look intelligent.  But the best one yet "I read it on the Internet, so it must be right".

mk1

UKIP racists? Surely not.

Janice Atkinson describing a Thai constituent as "a ting tong from somewhe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwA681CM7QE

Bloom and Bongo Bongo land

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMym8bX4guE

And  of course Nogel's famous  statement:

"We will never win the nigger vote. The nig-nogs will never vote for us"

And the famous 'Queen a b**ch'  incident

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/election/article-1266023/General-election-2010-UKIP-candidate-forced-quit-internet-rant-Queen.html

Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first

Mican

Quote from: mk1 on October 31, 2014, 11: AM
UKIP racists? Surely not

/quote]

What about "high-profile Tory MP Priti Patel's father announces he is standing for election as a  councillor for that racist party UKIP."   Read that on the internet, so it must be right.

mk1

Quote from: Mican on October 31, 2014, 11: AM

What about "high-profile Tory MP Priti Patel's father announces he is standing for election as a  councillor for that racist party UKIP."   

I supopose he thinks like  black South African Police officers (kitskonstabels) who were  enforcing aperthied and did not think it was in any way racist

http://www.justice.gov.za/trc/hrvtrans%5Cbeaufort/ct00360.htm

In February 1987 six "Green Flies" - that is municipal police - were recruited from Victoria West and began living in the Coloured township of Rustdene. They patrolled KwaMandlekosi, which was the township in Beaufort West, day and night.

Some times they used a Administration Board van but mostly patrolled all together on foot. They were armed with 9 mm hand guns and carried shot guns over the weekends

Everyone has a price.

Mican

Quote from: mk1 on October 31, 2014, 12: PM
Quote from: Mican on October 31, 2014, 11: AM

What about "high-profile Tory MP Priti Patel's father announces he is standing for election as a  councillor for that racist party UKIP."   

I supopose he thinks like  black South African Police officers (kitskonstabels) who were  enforcing aperthied and did not think it was in any way racist

What if he didn't think like that, what else do you "suppose" would cause the " father of high-profile Tory MP Priti Patel's to stand for election as a councillor for that racist party UKIP." 

mk1

Quote from: Mican on October 31, 2014, 12: PM

What if he didn't think like that, what else do you "suppose" would cause the " father of high-profile Tory MP Priti Patel's to stand for election as a councillor for that racist party UKIP."

Family feud?

SRMoore

Quote from: Mican on October 31, 2014, 12: PM

Racism isn't limited to the colour of skin.

mk1

Quote from: SRMoore on October 31, 2014, 01: PM

Racism isn't limited to the colour of skin.

Indeed. Bong-Bongo land is a diverse nation.

one direction

Quote from: Party Pooper on October 31, 2014, 08: AM
I hope it hasn't escaped your notice but you are posting on what people view as the internet and are inviting us not to believe what we read on the internet.

Actually I'm asking you not to mistake opinions and bias for facts that can be supported by evidence. When I was at university (many years ago) only answers that could be backed up by references and recognised sources were considered valid.  The internet is rather like the Bible (or the Koran) in that if you look hard enough you will find something to support your position. That why sources are important. If you know the source of a story then you can at least make an estimate of how reliable it is. That is why the findings of studies funded by tabacco companies on the effects of passive smoking alway seem to be less harmfull than studies funded by anti-smoking groups!

Its like handing in an essay on the causes of WWI and saying it started when a man called Archie Duke shot an ostritch because he was hungry. Which we all know is true because Baldrick said so on Black Adder and he does Time Team as well so he must know what he's talking about!

Quote from: Party Pooper on October 31, 2014, 08: AM
Can you explain your leaders response

Your leader? I dont have a leader. I despise all politicians. I despise them even more than ignorant, bigots who pass off their opinions as facts and then try to shout down and bully anyone daring to question them.

Quote from: Party Pooper on October 31, 2014, 08: AMDid you know a lot of good football clubs do take positive steps to discourage violent thugs from their ground, a lot even actively partake in anti racist campaigns to eradicate racists form their grounds and to enlighten people.
Maybe UKIP should do likewise.

One of your previous post seemed that because Nigel Farage is trying to get rid of racist members from UKIP  then this proves UKIP are a racist party otherwise Nigel wouldnt need to get rid of them? Circular logic at best. However, by that reasoning any football club that participates in anti racist activities must actually be racist because if they weren't racist they wouldn't need to participate in anti racist programmes?

Another salvo from the dreadnaught fleet to bounce off your armour?  ;)

Mican

Sadly this will have to be my last on this subject, I am slowly losing the will to live reading some of the comments on this thread, perhaps this is because I am of below average IQ simply because I can't see any given evidence that UKIP are a racist PARTY.  Once again I have to agree totally with what one direction says, I cannot for the life of me understand the vitriol, name calling and pathetically stupid comments regarding this party. 

To me it all seems to stem from the fact that other parties unable to answer the popularity of UKIP, come up with the old story, they are racists.  A lot of this also stems from our glorious leader Cameron, when he described them as "Fruitcakes and closet racists" (comments I believe will come back to bite him) ever since then people have jumped on the bandwagon, unable to think for themselves they scream racism.

Have you noticed since then how UKIP's popularity has grown, it seems that undecided voters listening to some of this unwarranted crap are then swayed to vote for them, an example of this type of thing was at the last local elections a prospective candidate commenting on UKIP on this site actually lost votes over it.  Fact.

Another poster on the site then made comments about the UKIP member on Question Time, ridiculing her and yet not commenting on the Labour "babe" who can't tell her left from her right.  Talking about Question Time, on last nights programme Caroline Lucas from the Green Party, when challenged about wind and solar power, said "you can store wind and sun".   Helloooooo.   Forgive me Lord for whatever it is I've done to deserve this.

mk1

Quote from: Mican on October 31, 2014, 02: PM
  Talking about Question Time, on last nights programme Caroline Lucas from the Green Party, when challenged about wind and solar power, said "you can store wind and sun".   Helloooooo.   Forgive me Lord for whatever it is I've done to deserve this.

Note her critic  partial agreed with her...at 55:00.. and said all sources of energy were needed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b04n95qb/question-time-30102014

You can store wind and solar generated power. The technology is fairly new but like everything you start small and work up.
The amount of energy in the sunlight falling on the earth's surface in a month is greater than that  in all  fuel reserves  in the ground.
I also wonder why  we are going to give billions  in subsidies and profit guarantees to the (foreign owners) of the new Nuclear Power Stations.

PS
I am not going to get involved in an endless argument about the minutiae of energy storage. You made a basic claim that is incorrect.

mk1

Quote from: Mican on October 31, 2014, 02: PM
, I cannot for the life of me understand the vitriol, name calling and pathetically stupid comments regarding this party. 

You lie with dogs you get fleas.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-29706994

UKIP has defended allowing a Polish politician criticised for a comment on hitting women into its grouping in the European Parliament.

Robert Iwaszkiewicz's decision to join the EFDD group means it has members from enough countries to increase its funding and presence in the parliament.

Leader Nigel Farage said Mr Iwaszkiewicz had made a "joke" and did not appear to be an "extremist".

UKIP added that parties had to co-operate in Europe to form groupings.

The Eurosceptic EFDD - Europe of Freedom and Direct Democracy - headed by Mr Farage, was thrown into disarray last week when one of its members, a Latvian MEP, left.

This took it below the European Parliament's threshold for forming a political grouping, which is to have at least 25 MEPs from seven different countries.

'Not acceptable'

Mr Iwaszkiewicz's decision to join means the EFDD can retain the extra funding and ability to speak in the parliament that comes with the increased status.
He recently caused controversy in Poland after telling a newspaper that men hitting their wives can "help them come back down to earth". He later claimed he was being sarcastic.

He is a member of the Polish Congress of the New Right, led by Janusz Korwin-Mikke, who has a reputation for anti-EU rhetoric and controversial views about women.

According to Polish radio, Mr Korwin-Mikke said in June that French National Front leader Marine Le Pen had judged his party "too extreme" to be an ally in Europe.

UKIP emphasised that Mr Iwaszkiewicz was joining the EDFF group in a personal capacity and that it had no association with Mr Korwin-Mikke.

Board of Deputies of British Jews vice-president Jonathan Arkush said: "The board is gravely concerned by reports that UKIP may sit in the same parliamentary grouping as a far-right Polish MEP in a bid to save its funding.

"Robert Iwaszkiewicz belongs to an extremist party whose leader has a history of Holocaust denial, racist remarks and misogynistic comments."

For Labour, shadow Cabinet Office minister Michael Dugher said: "This shows once again that UKIP do not share the values of decent working people in Britain."

But Mr Farage said: "I have found nothing in this guy's background to suggest that he is a political extremist at all. He has joined our group to save us."

He told BBC Radio 4's World at One: "If our group doesn't have a voice then every single frontline spokesman will support the new European Commission."

'Backroom politics'

Asked about Mr Iwaszkiewicz's comment on women, he replied that it had been meant as a "joke".

Questioned on why he had joined the EDFF group, Mr Iwaszkiewicz said: "Obviously Mr Farage is famous and well known not only in the parliament, but also in Poland.

"The decision to switch over to him was motivated by the intention to help out the only well-organised Eurosceptic group. It's giving a helping hand to the EFDD group."

On his comments about hitting women, he said: "Of course this was also twisted by the media. What I said wasn't the same as what appeared in the press. Of course, myself as well as my party are against family violence. I don't see where the problem is."

UKIP deputy leader Paul Nuttall told BBC Two's Daily Politics the comment was "not acceptable", but said: "He's said that he said it as a joke and it was misconstrued by the Polish media."

Mr Nuttall, speaking from Brussels, said the nature of the European Parliament, with the need for parties to join larger cross-national groups to get a better hearing, meant having to "cooperate with people you wouldn't necessarily cooperate with in the UK".

He added: "That's the nature of European politics. It's not like the UK. Unfortunately it's realpolitik out here."

Could not be clearer. An MEP from a party judged too extreme by the French National Front is welcomed into UKIPs arms.
UKIP was desperate to keep the handouts it gets from Europe and it will ally itself with anyone to keep the cash. Its all about money.

one direction

Quote from: mk1 on October 31, 2014, 03: PM
You can store wind and solar generated power. The technology is fairly new but like everything you start small and work up.

Fairly new? In 1859, the French physicist Gaston Plante (1834-1889) invented a battery made from two lead plates joined by a wire and immersed in a sulfuric acid electrolyte; this was the first storage battery. (Source http://www.enchantedlearning.com/inventors/page/b/battery.shtml)

but as you say, lets not get involved in an endless argument about the minutiae of energy storage.  :)

mk1

Quote from: one direction on October 31, 2014, 03: PM

Fairly new? In 1859, the French physicist Gaston Plante (1834-1889) invented a battery made from two lead plates joined by a wire and immersed in a sulfuric acid electrolyte; this was the first storage battery

I am sorry to tell you battery technology is not the way forward. I suggest you do a bit more googling.
Epic fail.