Local Elections - 3rd of May 2012

Started by The Shadow, April 05, 2012, 08: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucy Lass-Tick

A warm welcome on board to Julie Noted and Beanzontoast - totally agree that it's time that this town saw some changes being made - as the old saying goes 'new brooms sweep clean'!

Shepherd

Welcome to Beanzontoast & Julie noted!

beanzontoast

Well thank you kindly Lucy Lass, A broom may sweep clean, I prefer nature abhors a vacuum, so should the labour control council be seen to unravel, would the people who step up to the plate,have what it takes to stop the patient going into withdrawal.

beanzontoast

And a kindly thank you to you Shepherd, how say you to the local elections will you vote, or just look at your blue skie`s if so will it be fair weather.

The Great Dictator

Julie noted but not very accurately !

Labour have not been in charge for 50 years but it seems like it.

You may remember but obviously don't that in 2000 an alliance led by Stephen Close-Conservative and John Lauderdale- Lib Dem formed a political party that defeated the Labour Party for the 1st time in 22 years and guess what happened ???

In 2002 the intelligent public of Hartlepool decided to vote for a man in a furry suit to run their affairs :((

So cast your vote carefully and be careful what you wish for.  :o

notinshadow

beanzontoast

Well testicals why nit pic about a few years, there is no need to vote carefully, nor be carefull what you wish for, If they have a Manifesto then it is for the wise to read,then can an informed decision be made, if you vote for those that dont have a manifesto then they don`t have a mandate to make change. A labour controlled council for a millenia is still one step removed from a communist party, and remember Stalin didn`t have many who could read in the end.

The Great Dictator

The Alliance were honest and had to pick up Russell Hart's debt of £478,000, it doesn't matter who takes control you wouldn't like them anyway.

beanzontoast

I have no issues with the alliance nor with yourself. Russel hart may have been a good person if he was then it is right we pick up his debt, it`s a moral duty but through out history there have been such men and women, Shindler was one
and many more in england, but there was one such lady who i will not mention died recently in england who lived a comfortable life all expences paid by the british government. Because of their sacrifices you should vote on may 3rd it dosent matter who, others have paid the price the least you can do is honour the part they playe`d in giving you a choice. Iwish you well. 

beanzontoast

You are right i may not like those who take control of Hartlepool council but if the residents wish it so then that is Democracy, anything that isn`t you should be worried very worried.

Shepherd

The worrying thing is turnout, I cannot understand people being dissatisfied with how the town is run and then not using their hard won right to vote to say something about it.

I fear we will see only low percentage of the electorate actually turning out and the same old faces back in the chamber displaying the utter contempt for those who put them their that we have seen so manifest of late :(

Hartlepool desperately needs to churn it Councillors, a failure to do so will see the town in exactly the same place it is now come the next election; depressed, high unemployment, poverty with the great and the good shamelessly feathering their own nests and putting their interests and those of their families and crony's 1st.

Boss Tweed and Tammeny Hall writ small.

christine blakey

Sadly people do not turn out because they are confused, especially with Purdah where some people get more publicity than others.

So many Councillors say what people want to hear, but then do nothing until the time of the next election.  Publicity drives people to vote for some though the candidates may do nothing to address needs.  Publicity then covers this up.

We all need to urge people to look into who they should vote for, and to vote as a low turn out is what is wanted.

If we could resolve the above, we would have much more done in the town to our liking.

The Shadow

My predictions.

Burn Valley Ward

Jonathan Brash, Labour / A Local Conservative
Ged Hall, Labour
John Lauderdale, Independent;

De Bruce Ward

Rob Cook, Labour
Sheila Griffin, Labour
Sylvia Tempest, Labour

Fens & Rossmere

Steve Gibbon, Putting Hartlepool First;
Alison Lilley, Putting Hartlepool First;
A Labour Candidate

Foggy Furze Ward

Christopher Akers-Belcher, Labour
Kevin Cranney, Labour
Kaylee Sirs, Labour.

Hart Ward

Keith Fisher, Independent
Shane Moore, Local Conservatives
Jean Robinson, Labour.

Headland & Harbour Ward

Jim Ainslie, Labour;
Stephen Allison, Putting Hartlepool First / Peter Jackson, Labour
Robbie Payne, Labour;

Jesmond Ward

Reuben Atkinson, Local Conservatives / Keith William Dawkins, Putting Hartlepool First;
Mary Fleet, Labour
Linda Shields, Labour.

Manor House Ward

Stephen James Akers-Belcher, Labour
Marjorie James, Labour
Angie Wilcox: Labour.

Rural West Ward

Brenda Loynes, Local Conservatives
George Morris, Local Conservatives
Ray Wells, Local Conservatives

Seaton Ward

Cath Hill, Independent
Paul Thompson, Independent
Mike Turner, Independent.

Victoria Ward

Pamela Hargreaves, Labour
Carl Richardson, Labour
Chris Simmons, Labour

Lord Elpus

Reuben Atkinson, Local Conservatives, getting elected, never in a month of Sundays.

You know, I know, every man and his dog knows he'll be last.

The Shadow

That is probably true, however my prediction for that ward highlighted that I believe Labour will lose one and the result could be a suprise. He was a former councillor in that ward.
Can I assume you agree with my other predictions then?