Local Elections - 3rd of May 2012

Started by The Shadow, April 05, 2012, 08: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Shadow

Quote from: notinshadow on April 06, 2012, 10: PM
MK1/Shadow, you are both great posters, so why not just have a debate without the sillyness, as that's why we log on. You two have so much to offer, especially up to the elections.
Have your own Purdah period until after the 3rd May

Well said.

The Great Dictator

I don't think the Cuckoo is the Shadow, Wells doesn't have an axe to grind with Allison.
Not only that, he's not a writer, i know him he's a bit more devious than that.

steveL

I would guess Edna sees herself as representing Hart Ward so has stuck to the new ward which contains her home turf, so to speak.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

rabbit

Quote from: testicles on April 07, 2012, 01: AM
I don't think the Cuckoo is the Shadow, Wells doesn't have an axe to grind with Allison.
Not only that, he's not a writer, i know him he's a bit more devious than that.

Shadow has used this alias for at least 10 years.

From another discussion board in 2001:

Shadow:

My appologies. Shadow has always been short for (I delete his name). I assumed "again I delete" at the bottom of my previous message would suffice, from now on I will include my full name in the headers of the post.

moderator:

I saw that and didn't know if you were havin' a bit of fun with us, or not. Go ahead and use Shadow in the header if you like, just make sure somewhere in the post you include your name.

Seems to have retained both his alias and his sense of humour over the years. I like his style (sometimes).

notinshadow

We want to see a bit more proof than that!

You're a rabbit, so rabbit!

rabbit

"We want to see a bit more proof than that!"

Why?

A simple Google search will bring the details up.

Steve L gave us the name on his first post on "A weed by any other name" and The Shadow is not keeping much secret.

Apart from his real name and I am not revealing it here. That is up to him or for anyone to work it out, if they wish.

notinshadow

http://www.livesoundint.com/lab/lab/messages/archive4/106384.html

Let me promise you Stephen Haddow is not his name!
Come on give him some credit.

rabbit

Not Steven Hadow either?

Nothing to do with LURK?

notinshadow

Are we playing "I Spy," if so, let me go and find someone to help, as I am rubbish.

steveL

Just as an aside, for the moment. When we were canvassing people's opinions on the closure of A&E, George Morris told us that his friend, Jim Allen, had told him that the A&E wasn't closing -  it was just moving to the One Life Centre.

If you're not scared by someone using Mr Allen as their personal Oracle then you're not scared by anything . . .  :-\
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

notinshadow

Thank you
So Shadow are you Jim (Tell us a story) Allen.

Right who's next 
MK1 are you C.A.B. or Sylvia Tempest?

Shepherd

Jim Allen is the original turkey that voted for Christmas and then TOLD everyone it was inevitable and for the best of the people of Hartlepool.

We now have a 1st aid station in Park Road to service the emergency needs of 90,000.

I don't like to bring football into any form of discussion but Fabrice Muamba (the Bolton player who had the heart attack) survived because there was a cardiac surgeon in the crowd and both teams had doctors. He was receiving treatment within seconds of his heart stopping. Thus proving that seconds count in these critical situation!

I know that even with an A&E in Hartlepool it would take several minutes for a similar level of medical intervention, but by putting the only A&E resource in Stockton it must surely lessen the chances of anyone from Hartlepool surviving a similar misfortune especially after 07:30 hours on any working day, because if you go down in rush hour rigor mortis will have set in before you get the North Tees!

People will die, no question, wonder how Jim will pass that one off. Having said that, he is not the youngest person around, he might be wishing we still had an A&E right here in the pool at some point. ;)

beanzontoast

Hi All this is the first time iv`e logged on to this site, i am very interested in the local elections, nice to see a range of views also interesting predictions on the result, the predictions may or may not be correct but hats off for having a go, both for the predictions and the candidates. An observation of my own is the full house of labour candidates shows they are worried the people of Hartlepool may have joined the dots and figured out the Labour party at national level have put the country into so much debt  it is a scandal. Hartlepool council is a service but it follows the labour party line so by nature it is a tax and spend council. So for reform and change to happen the people of Hartlepool need to cut the food chain.

Julie noted

Hi, Beanzontoast; 'Julie's' new too.
I agree entirely with your point..'cut the food chain'. With over 50 years of labour running Hartlepool and 15 years of labour running the country, how come Hartlepool never seems to move forward?  :(
It's amazing how they all come running out of the woodwork to blame the coalition for all of our current ailments...how come they didn't have the answers when they were in power?  ???
We need a change from the status quo, here in Hartlepool.
labour and tories are in bed together (and share the spoils), so we need an alternative.  8)
I did think UKIP, or Independants. However, I am going to put my neck out and vote for 'Putting Hartlepool First'.  :-*
They CAN'T be any worse than the self servers we have at the moment....and if it turns out I'm wrong..well THEY will be out at the next election.  :'(
However, we have GOT to change what we have at the moment.
Think the hospital fiasco and blatant lies;
think about the lack of respect in the council chamber to residents;
think about the fiddle with the chief execs pay rise;
think about the dubious accounts at kilmarnock Road;
think about the dubious accounts at the Phoenix Centre...it goes on and on....we NEED a clear out.  >:(