Local Elections - 3rd of May 2012

Started by The Shadow, April 05, 2012, 08: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Some of the polling stations have been moved which is confusing those who turn up at the 'normal' place. It's questionable how many of those turned away will bother to walk to the alternative. I think it traditionally picks up after tea-time but we'll have to see.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Straight Talking

Quote from: steveL on May 03, 2012, 01: PM
Blame the Boundaries Commission - another unelected body that insists on telling us what's best for us and that the opinion of the local population is irrelevant.

Blame the Mayor, aided and abetted by Geoff Lilley and a few of his independent mates on the council.
They have been lobbying hard for almost 10 years to reduce the number of Councillors to 32, eventually the Electoral Commission took notice.

But instead of doing exactly what they had been asked to do which was 10 Wards + Elwick and Greatham - so preserving Geoff's seat and what was at the time Stan Kaisers seat (currently Hilary Thompson) they decided that 11 Wards of 3 Councillors should be instigated on the Town.

So the wards are big, in some cases unwieldy and contain many different communities.

beanzontoast

Hi Riddler, you say you dont vote for a party, you only vote for the people in a party, if that comment means you only vote for people in a party because, you like the colour of their eyes, or hair or something else, can you explain. My view on the subject is that when people vote for anyone in any political party you are not really voting for the person at all you are ALWAYS VOTING FOR THE PARTY`S POLICIES. as an example if you vote for a Labour candidate, you are voting for mass immigration, the human rights act, and a large government, which is what you have been getting for the last 13 years when labour was in government, no surprise there then.

dangerman

Just a quick update in the new victoria ward voting it looks as though it's going to be a very low turn out, ex councillor steve wallace was standing on the corner of topcliffe street shouting vote labour drivel through a hand held megaphone.

The number of voters at the sandringham road polling station was at 8.45pm.

Only 210

notinshadow

300 all day at Warrior Park.

About the same as last year they told me.

notenoughsaid

To Straight Talking.....Yes he was a Labour chap and I did give his him due. But I must point out the"postman "knocks at my door and  he did not get my vote.!!!!Credit to your man in any event.

notinshadow

Now we know where S.T. is..

You guys want to see the pictures of the two of the three Labour people wanting votes in Seaton...bless em..

John Maxwell
Stuart Shields

One of them looks like they shout "The Bells" "The Bells"..the rest of the year.

The Great Dictator

..........and theyre off, its mad dog at the front followed by a cuckoo with sore aching-backside right up his rear then morris 1000 and ginger spectacles and photoshop pam followed by chris angry butthole then 20 yards behind is ugly ged and jowells wilcox and the lilley twins..........and over the 1st fence its deaf aid wright, reverend lauderdale and the bearded chairman closely followed by arthur lugosi, reuben vorderman and at the back the tw*t from trimdon, now its over to you at the paddock...................

notinshadow

Quote from: perseus on May 03, 2012, 10: PM
Just had a text saying rays hanging around with the labour lot like a bad smell. shaking hands with wrighty, the whole lot.

I didn't see any of that and I was taking an interest in who was shaking hands with who!!

Ray spent most of the night upstairs..

Wrighty blanked me when I asked him about the hospital and walked away like a good boy does..how do people vote for him is beond me..

beanzontoast

Well it`s all over now Labour retain control of Hartlepool, country in financial meltdown due to Labour, Hartlepool has voted for more of the same Mass immigration 2014 Bulgaria and Rumania, can join the EU and come here for work, and benifits, Well done Hartlepool.

stokoe

why should jack stih vote when he is on fcuikng good benefits thats how labour gets there vote.

beanzontoast

Hi Stokoe, I dont know who jack is but you are correct in your view, the Labour Party is the party for those on welfare, it`s their core voter, it didn`t start out like that welfare was for those that found themselves on hard times but it is now a career choice for many, in the words of one lifelong labour voter in Hartlepool not worked for 30 years, and i quote
IT`S A MATTER OF SURVIVAL i think that is really good it tells you all you really need to know if he stops voting for the Labour party his benefits might stop, and he wont survive, if all unemployed get jobs with good money buy their own house etc, the Labour party wont SURVIVE. So the Labour party play the class card. can you see now why the mass immigration, and the human rights act brought in by Labour, all is easy to spot if you can see all the pieces in the jigsaw. Now im not anti labour far from it im just showing you the core beliefs of that Party, and where it is ultimately heading, it disguises it`s purpose, but if you know where to look its easy to see, but remember you are in the middle of a WAR and millions don`t know its going on, isn`t that just awesome.

notinshadow

Nothing wrong with the Human Rigts Act

Your human rights are:

•the right to life
•freedom from torture and degrading treatment
•freedom from slavery and forced labour
•the right to liberty
•the right to a fair trial
•the right not to be punished for something that wasn't a crime when you did it
•the right to respect for private and family life
•freedom of thought, conscience and religion, and freedom to express your beliefs
•freedom of expression
•freedom of assembly and association
•the right to marry and to start a family
•the right not to be discriminated against in respect of these rights and freedoms
•the right to peaceful enjoyment of your property
•the right to an education
•the right to participate in free elections
•the right not to be subjected to the death penalty

If any of these rights and freedoms are breached, you have a right to an effective solution in law, even if the breach was by someone in authority, such as, for example, a police officer

Straight Talking

Pity you only see that rights apply to yourself, but can be limited by you for others.

I'm sure they've just put some large boulders on the beach at Seaton.

mk1

It is an old joke but worth repeating.

A human Rights champion is a politician (usualy Tory) under investigation for corruption!

PS.
Nice of Ray to lend SCAB 1 a suit for last nights count.
I was wondering why all the local supermarkets were out of Bacofoil and now I know why!