Local Elections - 3rd of May 2012

Started by The Shadow, April 05, 2012, 08: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

notinshadow

I got everyones through my door, well apart for Thompson who lives across the road.

Jean Mckenna it is..

Stig of the Seaton Dump

(I work from home, so can virtually guarantee that leaflets have not been taken out of my letterbox.)
I don't believe it.

Donkey Kong

Quote from: christine blakey on April 30, 2012, 06: PM
Do not be surprised if your leaflets have been taken out of the letterbox etc.  Sometimes this happens.

Can you get something from the doctor for paranoia nowadays?

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quite an interesting article, but why does the BBC always seem to precede the word 'cuts' with 'savage'?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-17892926

for fawkes sake

Read it again. It's not the BBC saying it but quotes from the candidates.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

Lucy Lass-Tick

You're right FFS - sorry to have leapt in so quickly, but I do tend to get irritated by some BBC reporting, considering it to be rather biased - I believe that it should be politically impartial.  In this case the quotes were, as you say, attributable to individuals.   :-[

marky

The 'savage' cuts are the inevitable result of the whole country thinking it could live on 'tick' whether it's individuals or groups like the current labour group. Max out on your credit cards then remortgage the house to pay them off before starting the whole process again. Or alternatively, shift the debt burden to the next generation.

It was always going to end in tears - and it did.

The worrying thing is that the local labour group are still at it with the difference being that they spend the money and we end up paying for it. Bet you all can't wait for next year's council tax rise.  ;)

notenoughsaid

Time 23.30 hrs. Noticed that the forum has gone quiet. It has been an interesting  ride with many points of view being discussed. Some pleasant ,some bordering on nasty,buts thats politics.I have been disappointed with the lack of information posted by candidates in my own ward(Hart) and no literature at all from the people I wish to vote for with a view to change.They seemed to have relied on the "pen picture" depicted in the local rag.Having witnessed the blatant lies issued by Carl Richardson I cant believe that that was the only way prospective candidates thought they could get their message across.   I accept that independents  pay their own expenses but a few more knocks on the door would have been more welcome. The only person who ventured as such I dismissed with short thrift only to tell him  a few minutes later (that is the way that I am spade / shovel etc)I thanked him for his effort but at least he came. If change doesnt happen tomorrow dont bame the electorate.

Straight Talking

Not enough said, could I venture to suggest that the candidate that knocked on your door was LABOUR?

Given
them their due, whether you agree with them or not, they do still knock on doors and they are prepared to talk to people.

Donkey Kong

So we get three votes, yes?  I've only got one who I've decided to vote for, if I decide that I don't want to vote for numbers 2 and 3 does that invalidate my ballot paper, i.e. do I HAVE to cast three votes?

I might decide who else to vote for yet like and actually use all three, I was just wondering if it was mandatory.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

From Seaton ward ...guy in front of me asked how many wards he was voting for.
He was confused because of the addresses of the candidates.

I don't believe it.

Donkey Kong

Quote from: kipperdip on May 03, 2012, 09: AM
Donkey Kong

You most certainly DO NOT have to vote for 3 candidates.

You are allowed to vote for UP TO 3 candidates.

Stick with your plan to vote for the 1 candidate you prefer, you are well in order.

Thank You.

Donkey Kong

Quote from: Stig of the Seaton Dump on May 03, 2012, 09: AM
From Seaton ward ...guy in front of me asked how many wards he was voting for.
He was confused because of the addresses of the candidates.

My new ward seems ridiculous and is far from a local representation, as one of the Independent candidates is from Greatham which is over 5 miles from where I live in Hartlepool. 

How did they come up with this rubbish?  I can picture some scribbles on a map done by my 3 year old.

steveL

Blame the Boundaries Commission - another unelected body that insists on telling us what's best for us and that the opinion of the local population is irrelevant.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

dangerman

Called into the Polling Station in Sandringham Road 1.00pm only 61 votes they said it was very quiet maybe it would pick up later. But 61 votes not a lot is it?