Local Elections - 3rd of May 2012

Started by The Shadow, April 05, 2012, 08: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carrot Cake

Maybe point out who is a no hoper and why.

I personally don't know many of them so cannot really say.

All are brave to stand though, so good luck as it is very much like the Grand National.

Wonder if the Bookies will be setting bets for it?

The Shadow

Quote from: notinshadow on April 06, 2012, 07: PM
Which are the few there you are suprised by Shadow and why?

I was suprised you thought Edna Wright would take a seat in De Bruce to be honest. It was a gutsy for her to move from Hart, though there is still Hart Station from her old ward. I just think that the core labour vote in the rest of the ward will prevail and she will sadly lose out.

mk1

Quote from: The Shadow on April 06, 2012, 07: PM

Anybody else care to join in this grown up discussion?

A grown up discussion with a sitting Councilor who used a false name to send a  letter with completely  bogus claims  to  the other councilors and the Mail?
A Councilor who knows he can not  get re-elected under the name 'Conservative' (toxic in Hartlepool) and invents a bogus party name to try and fool the voters into  electing him?
Can you actualy reconcile the phrase 'grown up' with your actions?

notinshadow

[quote author=The Shadow link=topic=19.msg200#msg200

I was suprised you thought Edna Wright would take a seat in De Bruce to be honest. It was a gutsy for her to move from Hart, though there is still Hart Station from her old ward. I just think that the core labour vote in the rest of the ward will prevail and she will sadly lose out.

Of course this fish has moved to another pool.
I think her actions regarding the hospital march will help her a great deal.

stokoe

Quote from: mk1 on April 06, 2012, 08: PM

A grown up discussion with a sitting Councilor who used a false name to send a  letter with completely  bogus claims  to  the other councilors and the Mail?
A Councilor who knows he can not  get re-elected under the name 'Conservative' (toxic in Hartlepool) and invents a bogus party name to try and fool the voters into  electing him?

spot on mk1 cos he thinks he as plenty of dosh he is a cut above

The Shadow

Quote from: mk1 on April 06, 2012, 08: PM

Mk1 me owld china, you really are convinced I'm Mr Wells aren't you? Bless

I will, however, gladly discuss the points you have made.
1. You claim that I wrote to the Hartlepool Mail with bogus claims. There is already a discussion about this under the topic "A weed by any other name". I'm be happy to discuss this with you there.

2. A quick check on wikipedia shows that the tories got around 25% of the vote in the general election under the name Conservatives so I'd hardly say it was toxic. Especially in the park.

3. Another quick check on the electoral commission website shows that Local Conservatives is one of the registered party descriptions. Just as Putting Hartlepool First is for Hartlepool Independents - Putting Hartlepool First.

If you spent half as much time checking your facts as you did on photoshop (as amusing as some are) our conversations would be much more fruitful.

Since you seem convinced Mr Wells won't be re-elected, who would you say is likely to be elected in Rural West? How about any other wards?

notinshadow

I would think you are George or Shane!

The Shadow

mk1

So why change the Party name?
Allow me to answer for you:

"The national party is so unpopular we have to take steps to distance ourselves from it.
We still are conservatives and fully support the tax cuts for millionares and the granny cash grab  but it would be suicide to say it out loud.
Therefore we have tried to give the false  impression we are not fully behind the party line in the hope we can keep out vote at its previous level.
We hope this subterfuge can  help us survive."

The Shadow

They have not changed party name. Simply using one of the official party descriptions.

Now, perhaps you could come back on topic and enlighten us with your predictions of who will win where?

mk1

Quote from: The Shadow on April 06, 2012, 10: PM
They have not changed party name. Simply using one of the official party descriptions.

Now, perhaps you could come back on topic and enlighten us with your predictions of who will win where?

I would rather stay on the subject of the local Conservative Party feeling the need to  change the brand in the hope of giving the impression they do not  really agree with the granny tax.
A bit like hoping  a change of name from 'Windscale' to 'Sellafield' will solve the problem of the contamination in the ground.

notinshadow

MK1/Shadow, you are both great posters, so why not just have a debate without the sillyness, as that's why we log on. You two have so much to offer, especially up to the elections.
Have your own Purdah period until after the 3rd May

Carrot Cake

Well in Rural West I think the Conservatives will take three seats.

In other wards, there will be a good number of labour colleagues.

Independents and Hartlepool First will have the greatest chance despite the above.

Liberal Democrats may get a couple as is the case now.

So that at least gets this back on track as the "hare is on the move"!  Make sure you don't miss it, place your bets now!

mk1

A lot of the regular posters here are hamstrung by the fact they are seeking election and thus have to be careful what they say. The forum will be a bit tame until the  results are announced. I see myself as a placekeeper!
The only way to get around this (if you are a candidate) is to invent another identity and post as if you were someone else...............

christine blakey

Well said mk1, I myself have tried to keep off the forum as I am in the election in Hart as is David.

I do not want to, and will not see this as a competition.

It is good to see the site back on as no matter what people say, there is very useful information here and research can help to see what is rot and what is not.

People I talk to are now aware of HTH and I hope this is good for the town in getting a little bit more to chew over when deciding if to vote and who for.

I am happy to discuss anything to do with David and I standing as Councillors.