To vote or not to vote.

Started by Jamescampbell78, April 07, 2014, 07: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamescampbell78

Fred: I was never lucky enough to wear the maroon. Which club did/do you play for?

Jamescampbell78

QuoteMy "seedy mates" are primarily senior managers, CEOs, people in charge of businesses with turnovers in the high 8 figures. My best mate is a kitchen fitter, another is Head of Religious Studies in a school in Sheffield.

Some of the seediest people I know are CEO's and senior managers.

I work in an industry where 8 figure turnovers are the domain of minor local/regional interests and the work I do has real impacts on 8 figure+ sums daily. In my time I've been and remain friends with police officers, barristers, solicitors, district judges, primary and secondary school teachers and heads, members of the clergy etc

None of that means I'm a good person, with good intent which was the point I'm trying to get across.

I'm not sure it's fair to say S+CAB would be employable in any other domain either in all honesty, depends on your definition of "mainstream career" I suppose.

Just out of curiousity, have you ever worked in the private sector? What experience do you have in managing multi-million pound budgets or maintaining business relationships at an executive level?

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: fred c on May 02, 2014, 10: AM
I don`t contribute to the forums as much as i once did & the reasons are many & varied.

The fact that someone seems to think it is so Important what Dave Riddle puts on his address is mind bogglingly trivial & pedantic in the extreme, i think over time Dave Riddle has expressed opinions on Tees Valley & how Hartlepool could be influenced by events connected to it & that is the important issue, not his Postcode.

Like most people I think Cleveland County was detrimental to the good of Hartlepool & I also believe that if it does come about that a City of Teesside springs up out of the Smog, it to will be of no benefit to Hartlepool.

The only thing we will be useful for is to Gain more government money, per head of population whether that money is shared "Equally" around the place is far from certain.

As someone who wore the Maroon Jersey of Durham RFU as a young lad, i prefer to be known as a resident of the land of The Prince Bishops... as opposed to being labelled A Smog Monster........ It just doesn`t have the same ring to it somehow.
I agree with eveything you say except your second paragraph.... I believe our participation in what would be Clevreland  reborn  would be a disater for Hartlepool. All I want is his opinion on it..... for it or  against it..... simple as that. As a prospective voter it's a valid question to ask.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

DRiddle

It sound like people are asking for my CV to scrutinise.

James, my comments about the people i've worked with were in response to a comment someone made about me having "seedy mates", I don't.

In terms of this question you asked.... "Just out of curiousity, have you ever worked in the private sector? What experience do you have in managing multi-million pound budgets or maintaining business relationships at an executive level?"

yes I have worked in the private sector for a large Insurance company. In terms of mutli million pound budgets the budget I currently directly manage is several million pounds, so thats a yes. In terms of maintaing business relationships at an executive level, the organisation I work for has meaningful business relationships with practically every major employer in this region and beyond. These relationships are not just insignificant links, they're very significant, meaningful business arrangements which again deal with significant contracts worth millions.

In terms of Teesside, I live in Hartlepool. As i've said, it's been called Durham, Cleveland and now Teesside.

My own personal school of though is we should 'side' with whichever county/city status/postcode/whatever which will change our town for the better.

I'd say the jury is still out on who that will be.

Jamescampbell78

Thanks, good answers again David.

fred c

Quote from: Jamescampbell78 on May 02, 2014, 11: AM
Fred: I was never lucky enough to wear the maroon. Which club did/do you play for?

Do i Play for....... Ohhh how i wish, when i did participate it was on the Dog Track, Dog s**t 1 & 2 at Rossmere & Brierton Lane, my son & both grandsons play, although i have to say the youngest has absconded to Old Boys, I do make him take a wash before he comes into the house tho. lmao

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: DRiddle on May 02, 2014, 01: PM

In terms of Teesside, I live in Hartlepool. As i've said, it's been called Durham, Cleveland and now Teesside.

My own personal school of though is we should 'side' with whichever county/city status/postcode/whatever which will change our town for the better.

I'd say the jury is still out on who that will be.
So you'll see what turns up.........?

Inspector Knacker

.........so you'll see what turns up....just like I said.
There'll be no referendum.. no vote... no nowt..... whatever happens will happen and we won't get a look in.

Jamescampbell78

I too started my club career off on the Rossmere pitch but left at 17 to join Rovers. Spent 17 years or so at Rovers then did my final season at Old Boys, partly to fulfill a promise to a mate and partly because we had 4 hookers at Rovers but 3 senior teams.

I'd lost interest in 1st XV and we had two good younger hookers playing 2nds and 3rds and having 3 of us to choose from meant that the 2nd XV management had a choice of trying to keep two of us happy with half a game and trying to bring on the other in the 3rd team. Wasn't particularly good for the younger lads who needed to get proper match experience so I left a year earlier than I planned to which worked out well considering I injured my shoulder and had to stop playing a year earlier too.