To vote or not to vote.

Started by Jamescampbell78, April 07, 2014, 07: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamescampbell78

Believe what you like Michael lad.

I'm not all about just talk, there's some action to back it up.

FYI: Telling me I cannot do something makes me more determined. I've a rather impressive record on proving people wrong when they say I can't do something. One of my favourite quotes, that I totally believe in is:

"One of the greatest pleasures in life is to do the things other people say you cannot do."

mk1

Drop me a line when you bring the whole system crashing down because I am very busy and might miss it..............

mk1

Quote from: Jamescampbell78 on April 08, 2014, 07: PM

I'm not all about just talk, there's some action to back it up

Care to explain that bit for me?

Jamescampbell78

Jamescampbell78

QuoteThis is a cut and paste lifted complete  from Blackwood's Blog.

Is it not the custom to link such items?

Just re-read this and realised the link to Harry's blog from the Hartlepool Post front page has even gone.  Hartlepool Post was praising that blog a few weeks ago.

He must be doing something right, went through 25,000 unique page views today.  That's genuine and not some 40k Facebook "reaches" too.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152324923414976&set=a.498893539975.301876.514879975&type=1&relevant_count=1

HarryBlackwood

Yeah I'm good James. Thanks.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Jamescampbell78 on April 08, 2014, 05: PM
Riddler,

Incorrect. You confuse not voting with apathy.

Not voting and staying silent does nothing.

I don't intend to be silent, I will seek out practical ways of undermining those in power who abuse it.
All very admirable....however.....on the evidence of this board, all I've read is your obsessive pursuit of one infdvidual....... it might help your credibility if you spread your cpntempt over the full political spectrum who so far remain unscathed and safe from your attention.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

DRiddle

QuoteHe must be doing something right, went through 25,000 unique page views today.  That's genuine and not some 40k Facebook "reaches" too.

James, look at the counter graph on the blog you mention. No one was reading it until he blogged about me and Derek Bilton, and no one is reading it now.

There's a huge spike in readers in the days around that stupid article, then it tails off. There's also more comments on that article than all the others put together.

Mostly by Derek's friends.  ;) The ones likely to help him get elected.

SRMoore

I thought you didn't delete posts from the PHF Facebook page?

DRiddle

I deleted yours Shane. Make no mistake about that. Given that you called me a liar twice publicly two days before an election is called, you're lucky all I did was delete them.

So gloves are off now. You know that.

I hope what you've been promised to stand in Hart purely as a 'vote splitter' is worth it fella.

What was it? First dibs on a seat on Rural West when the time comes?

Jamescampbell78

QuoteAll very admirable....howeve r.....on the evidence of this board, all I've read is your obsessive pursuit of one infdvidual....... it might help your credibility if you spread your cpntempt over the full political spectrum who so far remain unscathed and safe from your attention.

I do, regularly.  It's just you only tend to see what I'm up to on here.

In fact I'm fairly certain Shane will have seen some of the digs I have at the wider political spectrum given that he's one of the few who read what I post outside of this particular forum.  I've no doubt that at some point I'll offend Shane with my views given that I think ALL political parties local and national are part of the problem.  Where you have parties you have people doing something to align with another persons aims and not purely because it's "the right thing to do".

Does my original post on this thread not show a contempt of the entire political spectrum?

mk1

So link us to where we can see you pursuing a named  politician the way you have D Riddle.
A link to an attack on a named local councillor?
Do you have a link to a 36 page attack on  a Tory or Labour local politician?

SRMoore

Actually David I stated that part of the statement made by the 'admin' of the PHf Facebook page was a lie. It was, I proved it be be, hence you changing the subject then deleting it.

I stated there and I'll state here that what you wrote is factually incorrect and loaded with spin. Anybody who read the posts I made will have seen that I was very civil in my posts and answered each of the false allegation made against me/the conservative group calmly and respectfully, since it is 'your' Facebook page after all.

You can shout "the gloves are off" and falsely claim that I am standing as a "vote splitter" all you want. It won't be true however much you tell yourself it.
I've continued to campaign in and around the Hart ward since I last stood for election there. It is a ward I know, I know the many of the people and, once our current house is sold, is the ward I will reside in. And I'll be campaigning there long after PHF have lost there and jump on another bandwagon elsewhere in town as they did with the gypsy camp.

DRiddle

Quoteonce our current house is sold, is the ward I will reside in.

Anyone from anywhere in the town could make such a statement Shane. Don't bother talking to me about spin. Not after the tory leaflet of lies put out in the manor by election by your lot. Remember that? The one even Chief Solicitor for HBC Peter Devlin essentially stated was bo#L@cks.

For someone so dedicated to the people of Hart, I could have sworn you were prostituting yourself to the residents of Seaton not 18 months ago.... http://www.hartlepool.gov.uk/downloads/file/9084/result_of_poll

Jamescampbell78

QuoteDo you have a link to a 36 page attack on  a Tory or Labour local politician?

ADMIN/MOD - I have an answer to this but the last time I posted on this topic I ended up on pre-mod....Now I have this answer ready to post but I WILL NOT hit send if you think this is going to go over old ground and pre-mod me.