To vote or not to vote.

Started by Jamescampbell78, April 07, 2014, 07: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Quote from: Jamescampbell78 on April 27, 2014, 04: PM
I know Sue Little personally.

Nice lady, local businesswoman and although I haven't spoken to her in awhile I suspect she's standing for the right reasons.

I dare say she's a capable candidate in terms of being organised, logical, competent, good with the public etc and can hold her own in an argument.

As another poster has said a lot depends of how much influence she will actually have in the face of party politics.

Would you vote for her, Jimmy?
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

marky

From what I hear she's a personal friend of Ged hall and a bit miffed at not getting a subsidy for her minibuses.

Jamescampbell78

Steve,

It's a bit academic because she's not in my ward but I'd have to speak to her and understand the reasons she's put herself up first. Whilst I've had business dealings with her and her husband and coached her sons at rugby I don't know what her political viewpoint is.

Marky - I don't know if she knows Ged Hall or whether she's even applied for a subsidy for the minibuses. I would imagine if she didn't get a subsidy and was miffed about it that she would also be quite open and vocal about it.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: The Great Dictator on April 14, 2014, 03: PM
Every country in the world has politicians, so it must work.

Dowager, have you thought about moving to North Korea ?
You find that those countries with one candidate have a 99.99% turnout.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

the_exile

The only interesting point in this whole thread...............

Howay Davy Riddle what's the crack with the never has been, ex-editor of the local rag and an ex-sports hack from said rag.?

monty767

the_exile; I had the cheek to make some posts on this site on a few different topics only to be shot down time and again by MK1. I have concluded MK1 is Driddle's little lapdog, ask a dodgy question or make an accusation and he'll come yapping out of his kennel. A few other suspects on here too.

I have a feeling this forum was set up solely for the purpose of furthering the interests of certain individuals. As I've found, a newbie's input is unwelcome unless it shows certain/groups in a positive light.

Thanks to posters such as MK1 and his chums I sought out the ex editor blog and even his fb page. Very enlightening.

I  know Driddle and his seedy mates. The word unsavoury comes to mind.

not4me

oh dear, looks like the sheep are getting worried. They must be very insecure.

fred c

Quote by Monty767

"I have a feeling this forum was set up solely for the purpose of furthering the interests of certain individuals"

Strange that you should think that Monty, this forum has been going for over 10 years now ( I believe ) so why you have come to the conclusion it has been set up to further the interests of a few individuals in ludicrous.

Just to enlighten you a "Tad" would the council tax payers of Hartlepool been aware of the following, without this forum exposing them.

The Phoenix Scandal

The Tall Ships (Manipulated Spending)

The £4 Million Transport Interchange

Manor Residents Scandal

Who Cares Northeast

Peer Group Report Public Inquiry

Public Questions Scandal

The people who have been exposing the goings on within our council through this forum, have done more to bring about change in Hartlepool than the rest of us put together.

Look forward to the trolling

steveL

You shouldn't be thinking about Dave Riddle sunshine - he's not your type. You'd be better off thinking about Wynyard because it's about to drop on your head.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

DRiddle

QuoteI  know Driddle and his seedy mates. The word unsavoury comes to mind.

This made me laugh. I run what will quickly become one of the largest most significant A Level colleges on Teesside. My "seedy mates" are primarily senior managers, CEOs, people in charge of businesses with turnovers in the high 8 figures. My best mate is a kitchen fitter, another is Head of Religious Studies in a school in Sheffield.

Other than the fact I went to the same university as Derek 'Big Gravy' Bilton, (Who is a bit of a wild card) I'd love to know where you get "seedy" and "unsavoury" from.

I aslo struggle to comprehend how, or why, i'm such an object of fascination on this forum. Most of the people who give me grief on here have never even met me and don't even know me.

DRiddle

QuoteThe only interesting point in this whole thread............. ..

Howay Davy Riddle what's the crack with the never has been, ex-editor of the local rag and an ex-sports hack from said rag.?

and just regarding this question... I'm not even going to go there. Said ex-editor cries foul and screams 'libel' if you say anything about him, but he thinks its ok to blog a bunch of rubbish about anyone else and pass it off as 'fact'.

Inspector Knacker

Could be that when the boat gets rocked there's always those who demand you sit down.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

testing times

I agree Steve.

Someone who doesn't vote because he thinks politicians are all liars asks the question of a politician if he thinks it's OK to lie.

In the context the question is being asked, precisely how meaningful would an answer be.

If David says 'NO', the questioner assumes the real answer is 'YES' because according to him all politicians lie.

As you say, Steve, one of the silliest threads ever.

DRiddle

QuoteQuote from: DRiddle on Today at 08:24 AM
I aslo struggle to comprehend how, or why, i'm such an object of fascination on this forum. Most of the people who give me grief on here have never even met me and don't even know me.
Goes with the territory David. When the top 10 threads on this forum are ALL having a go at you then you know you've really arrived!

Fair point Steve. I'll know i've 'made it' when I start attracting the level of abuse you used to get on here back in the day.

I do seem to be a 'flickering light bulb' for some very odd 'moths' though.

I've had grief over the last year or two from Hall, barking Barclay, Beck (all 3 of them wrote to The Mail specifically about me), Blackwood (wrote a blog about me), Kipperdip, Ryehill, (both gave me and other non-UKIPpers so much grief on here they had to be given their own sub topic to drone on about the EU),obviously Fraser (but who hasn't), various others.

I seem to be some sort of magnet for the maladjusted.

steveL

everyone has a purpose in the grand scheme of things, David. Jimmy is a cyclist like his mate Blackwood and like a lot of cyclists he has trouble recognising red lights and knowing when to stop.