Hartfields retirement village

Started by DRiddle, May 01, 2014, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRiddle

There was an interesting situation when attempts were made to deliver my election flyers to Hartfields retirement village yesterday.

I bet people can guess what happened.......

Mican

Sorry not into guessing games, please tell, I live in Hartfields.

DRiddle

We weren't allowed in by the staff at your reception...

Mican

Can't understand why, Keith Fisher has been here numerous times, will have to try and find out when I have time.

CC082

Keith Fisher actually held his Ward Surgery in Hartfields a couple of Saturday's ago....

Depends on what you were wanting to do....If you were looking to put flyers through doors then you have to understand there are vulnerable adults onsite and there are security doors for a reason. 

SRMoore

No conspiracy here, David. There is a long standing rule by the Joseph Rowntree Trust that stops anybody entering to deliver leaflets whether they be political  or take away menus.

It was arranged last election that a table would be placed in the reception of the main building with literature from any candidate who wanted to leave leaflets  there.

SRMoore

Kipperdip,
I am not disagreeing with you. However those are currently the rules set at Hartfields and whilst they may not be ideal for those seeking election they are, at least, consistent and as CC082 points out the management clearly take the security of their vulnerable residents seriously which I take comfort in knowing.

DRiddle

Thank you for the information everyone. I've contacted JRHT just for further clarification and to see if they'd be willing to let candidates in given that it is an election and it's more than just takeaway flyers.

I realise it's vulnerable adults and I support the rationale. I do have a CRB check and am cleared to work with those people due to my job.

I'll make some inquiries and see if there's a way forward. Thank you for the information.

Mican, i'd appreciate it if you could find out how best for me to provide the residents with my information. :-)

Jamescampbell78

David,

Are disclosures transferable between organisations now?

Not dealt with them in a couple of years but I thought holding a certificate for one organisation didn't mean you could use that to work with vulnerable people in another?

For example when I was a junior rugby coach I had to hold a certificate from the RFU but for my youth group work had to hold one from the diocese also.

In terms of delivery, isn't the purpose of the electoral register that we're all forced to be on so that you can mail this sort of stuff to people in these situations?

DRiddle

You're right in that they're not transferable. I was just pointing out that I have one should anyone from Hartfields have any issues.

I do think you're right in that there's a legal obligation to esnure people CAN receive election information etc.

Mican

As stated by others on the subject, there is a fob entry to the apartments in the main block also to the 3 apartment blocks, they would not allow the Mail to deliver to the apartments for the same reason, it is simply a security measure, so it is nothing personal or political. 

DRiddle

Thanks Mican, I've had a reply back from the centre manager suggesting some alternatives to get into contact with the residents.

Thanks to everyone for the guidance.

The Great Dictator

Leave names envelopes in reception.

Inspector Knacker

As long as the rules apply to everyone I see no problem whatsoever. I don't even read these leaflets myself apart from their comedy value they're all b******s.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.