No mention of Hartlepool ... Iain Wrong and HBC took their eye off the ball ??

Started by dowager, March 25, 2014, 07: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Elpus

All you appear to want is a sniff of power but you have no idea what you'll do with it

Interesting view that politics is all about POWER.

There are too many with all Councils who see politics as a POWER game and long to have control.  Which in reality is  bollocks as most of the changes LA implement come directly from central government.

I know what politics is about, at a local level and its simple, helping the people you can and raising issues for those you can't help directly with those who need to listen to their views.  In short politics is about people.

Most people just want their politicians to be available, honest, and impartial.   To me that's not a bad starting point.

Jamescampbell78

So you agree that you want local politicians to be available, honest and impartial yet you defend the adminstrators of the PHF page, including David Riddle for deleting questions they don't like and then lying about it?

Doesn't sound available, honest or impartial to me.

It seems everyone agrees that's what our MP and councillors should be but nobody I've seen so far has lived up to those values, certainly not in the last 20 or so years.

The Great Dictator

Dowager, Mein Kampf and the Bible were also a good sellers but that doesn't mean they were interesting.

Lord Elpus

Jimmy, the idea that the admin of a FB page can't ensure the comments on there are not offensive and the FB site does not get taken over by people with other agendas seem reasonable to me.

God alone knows there are plenty of sad trolls about with sod all better to do that sit in front of a lap top all day playing daft games.   

Jamescampbell78

That is very true but there's a difference between moderating to remove abuse and time wasting and just deleting valid questions you don't want to answer.

Before I was banned lots of reasonable questions about PHF's intent had been removed and yet there were posts on there with people advertising stuff for sale.

mk1

Quote from: Lord Elpus on March 27, 2014, 06: AM

One can't help but notice that just before elections every year we see a load of newbie's attacking the same party and the same people.  Political really is a dirty business.

Useful fools...........
D Riddle has been a thorn in the side of the Labour Group. His question(s) are what prompted a  ditching of he last few ways of making the Council' open and transparen't. The Labour/Conservative leaders hate him with a passion. They fear he could unseat some very important  members of the ruling elite. The even  tried to get him sacked. They used a  gullible member here to spread rumours (via  a 'private conversation' he had with a councillor)about a ' surprise' they had  in store for him come the elections.

your secret weapon Mr Riddle I think will come badly unstuck, not that he wouldn't make a good/great Councillor but more that a there are a few surprises in store for him I am told from the Labour party.

The elections have arrived.

Inspector Knacker

The underlying trend in all this repetetive jibber jabber is the inference that we might as well leave the present councillors in power... no matter how  it's dressed up... ...... it's little more than a 'stick with what we've got as there's no viable alternative' plea, embarassingly thinly disguised and making this site a tedious turn off as people tire of the banality of repetetive tit for tat chuntering.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

HarryBlackwood

Riddle's secret weapon will come unstuck. That's cos it was a bloody stupid idea in the first place. Political lightweight showing just how naive he is.

Inspector Knacker

This is like two dreadnoughts firing candy floss broaddides at each other. Lots of noise and smoke but no discernable damage inflicted.

fred c

I for one am getting completely brassed off with the mindless nit picking that is going on here........... I don`t give a flying f**k for individuals duelling with their ego`s.

If you want to do that........... At Least wait until the elections are over, until then we should all use this forum to concentrate on getting shot of "The Mob".

They must be pi**ing their pants at whats going on here at the moment.......... get over any slights or implied slights & use your energies to work towards a better local govenrment........ pretty please.

Inspector Knacker

I have this feeling that all this will fade away post election.

Jamescampbell78

This may fade away when somebody capable and honest is elected as this towns MP.

Until then I'm cracking on.....By the way I still haven't seen anything that even remotely makes me reconsider my stance on voting.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Jamescampbell78 on March 27, 2014, 09: PM
.By the way I still haven't seen anything that even remotely makes me reconsider my stance on voting.
Simple solution. If there's no one to vote for don't vote.
Incidentally.... have you pursued all other candidates in your ward with equal vigour....and were they accessible.......?