Hartlepools' electorate have spoken.

Started by Inspector Knacker, May 04, 2012, 06: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brassed off monkey

The 2 loudest Labour cheers on the night were for the Manor Mob & the 3 Tories that got in again  :o :o :o work that out if you will, i wonder how the 3 will vote during the next few years, will they try & make a difference by taking a stand against the ruling groups blatant use of ratepayers money to further their own ends or just roll over as usual.

The Lib Dems have suffered at the hands of Nicholas`s power trip, he has downgraded the Liberal Democrats to a minor political force on a par with the Green Party & it has certainly damaged the local Lib Dems.

As for PHF...they did well, certainly had the Inner Labour "coterie" worried, worried enough to spend a  tidy sum on their campaign, & are now the 2nd party in Hartlepool,  they have shown that people who actually think about what goes on in Hartlepool, do have an alternative to the established groups.

The really disappointing thing about the whole election process however, was the dismal 26% turnout, the lazy unthinking herd that don`t bother their a***`s to get out & vote will get democracy done away with.

notinshadow

Quote from: brassed off monkey on May 04, 2012, 06: PM
The 2 loudest Labour cheers on the night were for the Manor Mob & the 3 Tories that got in again  :o :o :o work that out if you will, i wonder how the 3 will vote during the next few years, will they try & make a difference by taking a stand against the ruling groups blatant use of ratepayers money to further their own ends or just roll over as usual.

Agreed

The Lib Dems have suffered at the hands of Nicholas`s power trip, he has downgraded the Liberal Democrats to a minor political force on a par with the Green Party & it has certainly damaged the local Lib Dems.

Agreed

As for PHF...they did well, certainly had the Inner Labour "coterie" worried, worried enough to spend a  tidy sum on their campaign, & are now the 2nd party in Hartlepool,  they have shown that people who actually think about what goes on in Hartlepool, do have an alternative to the established groups.

Disagree the PHF did well, one new kid on the block isn't a result in my eyes.

The really disappointing thing about the whole election process however, was the dismal 26% turnout, the lazy unthinking herd that don`t bother their a***`s to get out & vote will get democracy done away with.

Disagree I think that is PHF saving grace for the future.

All they have to do now is get a portion of those who didn't vote to vote for them and they are quids in..easier said than done I know but that's what they have two years to do.

rabbit

Julie Noted:

"labour got over 22,000 votes.

A brand new party, 6 months old with little financial back-up collected over 9,000 votes.  :)"

Where did you find these figures? Are individual ward voting numbers also available?

notinshadow

Observer would you be kind enough to download it and copy and paste it as my computer won't let me download it.

Thanks.

observer

Results of the Hartlepool Local Elections
The full results of the Hartlepool Local Elections held on Thursday 3 May 2012 are:
Burn Valley Ward
Name of Candidate Party No of Votes Elected
Maria BLADES Liberal Democrat 102
Jonathan BRASH The Labour Party Candidate 887 Elected
Michael CORRIGAN Local Conservatives 297
John COWARD Local Conservatives 300
Alec GOUGH Putting Hartlepool First 397
Ged HALL The Labour Party Candidate 790 Elected
Jean KENNEDY Liberal Democrat 125
John LAUDERDALE Independent 615 Elected
Sarah MANESS The Labour Party Candidate 579
Ray POCKLINGTON Local Conservatives 298
De Bruce Ward
Rosie ALLISON Putting Hartlepool First 329
Rob COOK The Labour Party Candidate 741 Elected
Sheila GRIFFIN The Labour Party Candidate 875 Elected
Suzzi MCKENZIE Local Conservatives 140
Michelle PLANT Liberal Democrat 191
Barry RAYNER Liberal Democrat 151
Sylvia TEMPEST The Labour Party Candidate 682 Elected
Ronnie WHITLOCK UK Independence Party 247
Edna WRIGHT Liberal Democrat 369
Fens & Rossmere Ward
Allan BARCLAY The Labour Party Candidate 693
Steve GIBBON Putting Hartlepool First 1023 Elected
Trisha LAWTON The Labour Party Candidate 716
Alison LILLEY Putting Hartlepool First 933 Elected
Geoff LILLEY Putting Hartlepool First 1006 Elected
Mike LUDGATE Local Conservatives 90
Ann MARSHALL The Labour Party Candidate 722
Angela MCKIE Independent 117
Elizabeth PARKINSON Liberal Democrat 202
Dave PASCOE UK Independence Party 375
Arthur PREECE Liberal Democrat 196
Bill REEVE Local Conservatives 135
Helen WELLS Local Conservatives 101
Foggy Furze Ward
Christopher AKERS-BELCHER The Labour Party Candidate 895 Elected
Fred CORBETT Putting Hartlepool First 512
Kevin CRANNEY The Labour Party Candidate 780 Elected
Phil FENN UK Independence Party 377
Dennis LOYNES Local Conservatives 223
Pat RAYNER Liberal Democrat 148
John RINGWOOD Putting Hartlepool First 427
Kaylee SIRS The Labour Party Candidate 735 Elected
Hart Ward
Bob ADDISON Independent 368
Sandra ALLISON Putting Hartlepool First 266
Paul Roderick BECK The Labour Party Candidate 571 Elected
Christine BLAKEY Independent 333
Moss BODDY The Labour Party Candidate 522
Keith FISHER Independent 532 Elected
Tom HIND UK Independence Party 262
Shane MOORE Local Conservatives 417
David NIN Independent 257
Jean ROBINSON The Labour Party Candidate 713 Elected
Headland & Harbour Ward
Jim AINSLIE The Labour Party Candidate 763 Elected
Stephen ALLISON Putting Hartlepool First 525
Christopher BROADBENT Local Conservatives 120
Kate ERSKINE Putting Hartlepool First 465
Peter JACKSON The Labour Party Candidate 647 Elected
Steve LATIMER Putting Hartlepool First 484
Andy LOYNES Local Conservatives 84
Robbie PAYNE The Labour Party Candidate 713 Elected
David YOUNG Local Conservatives 88
Jesmond Ward
Reuben ATKINSON Local Conservatives 298
Keith William DAWKINS Putting Hartlepool First 687 Elected
Mary FLEET The Labour Party Candidate 762 Elected
Linda SHIELDS The Labour Party Candidate 680 Elected
Stephen THOMAS The Labour Party Candidate 636
Manor House Ward
Stephen James AKERS-BELCHER The Labour Party Candidate 906 Elected
Ronnie BAGE British National Party 230
Peter DAVIS UK Independence Party 289
Marjorie JAMES The Labour Party Candidate 808 Elected
Mandy LOYNES Local Conservatives 105
Elizabeth SMITH Local Conservatives 79
Mick STEVENS Putting Hartlepool First 305
Jayne WELLS Local Conservatives 70
Angie WILCOX The Labour Party Candidate 822 Elected
Rural West Ward
Les COVERDALE The Labour Party Candidate 369
Andrew GOUGH Putting Hartlepool First 416
Brenda LOYNES Local Conservatives 1007 Elected
Mike MCKIE Independent 422
George MORRIS Local Conservatives 1022 Elected
Robert STEEL The Labour Party Candidate 379
Ken THOMPSON The Labour Party Candidate 366
Ray WELLS Local Conservatives 1039 Elected
Eric WILSON UK Independence Party 550
Seaton Ward
Terry ALLEN Putting Hartlepool First 172
Kelly ATKINSON Putting Hartlepool First 328
Sandra BELCHER The Labour Party Candidate 274
Cath HILL Independent 769 Elected
John MAXWELL The Labour Party Candidate 287
Jean MCKENNA Local Conservatives 158
Stuart SHIELDS The Labour Party Candidate 237
George SPRINGER UK Independence Party 243
Paul THOMPSON Independent 883 Elected
Mike TURNER Independent 1168 Elected
Victoria Ward
Amanda CAMPBELL Local Conservatives 146
Pamela HARGREAVES The Labour Party Candidate 745 Elected
Kath HILL UK Independence Party 166
Kelvin MAYSON Local Conservatives 113
Paul MITCHINSON Putting Hartlepool First 364
Carl RICHARDSON The Labour Party Candidate 737 Elected
Jane Elizabeth SHAW Independent 87
Chris SIMMONS The Labour Party Candidate 753 Elected
Maaija SINCLAIR Putting Hartlepool First 312
Margaret SNEDDON Liberal Democrat 77
Barry Keith THOMPSON Putting Hartlepool First 322
Jim TIGHE Liberal Democrat 97

notinshadow

steveL

Quote from: the daily worker on May 04, 2012, 06: PM
The crushing defeat of the out of town landlord and steveL in Headland & Harbour was truly the result of the night. Allison thought he was a shoe-in, what a joke.

dear, oh Dear...

I think 484 votes was more than credible and given the resoures available to PHF, paying for our own leaflets etc, I don't think it was a bad result at all. Just 163 vote separated me from Peter Jackson who gained the third seat.

Just 4 months after the first PHF meeting, with little experience and hardly any resources, they managed to match 70% of the Labour vote, candidate for candidate. If you don't think that gives you a serious problem for 2014 then that's fine by me.

At one time Labour had 31 people wandering one of the streets of the Headland against one of us covering the other side which injected a bit of humour into things.....and as I sat on the wall on the Central Estate listening to the conversation of the six of you, did I hear talk of the issues that actually bothered people on the estate? .....the poor bus service (which you axed) or the loss of the hospital (which you didn't even fight) No, the one thing you had to talk about was 'the fat, grey-haired bastard' that you'd spotted earlier - me.

I spoke to both Peter and Robbie at the count; it's a pity your grubby and vindictive little wing of the party isn't capable of showing the same degree of class as they did. 
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

rabbit

beanzontoast

Stevel
             U.K.I.P. also pay for their own leaflets, have few resourses or footsoldiers to deliver said leaflets, nor are you the only party which feels you can do some good for the town, the reason for this thread however is for complete agreement in the unhelpful character assasination of other party`s candidates, dont rise to it it just shows their level.

Straight Talking

Quote from: steveL on May 04, 2012, 08: PM
Quote from: the daily worker on May 04, 2012, 06: PM
The crushing defeat of the out of town landlord and steveL in Headland & Harbour was truly the result of the night. Allison thought he was a shoe-in, what a joke.

At one time Labour had 31 people wandering one of the streets of the Headland against one of us covering the other side which injected a bit of humour into things.....I spoke to both Peter and Robbie at the count; it's a pity your grubby and vindictive little wing of the party isn't capable of showing the same degree of class as they did.

31 people, you need to go back to school and learn how to count - you are also being a little "liberal" with the truth, I have it on good authority that on Wednesday 2nd May Stephen Akers-Belcher pipped his horn and waved to you, on central estate. You didn't wave back but put your head down and legged it.

steveL

Quote:"31 people, you need to go back to school and learn how to count - you are also being a little "liberal" with the truth, I have it on good authority that on Wednesday 2nd May Stephen Akers-Belcher pipped his horn and waved to you, on central estate. You didn't wave back but put your head down and legged it."

There is no one in the Labour Group who could claim 'good authority'.

I didn't hear anyone beep their horn at me and certainly if he had done, I would have done what any bloke would do if SAB beeped at them and ran like hell  ;D
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

steveL

Quote from: beanzontoast on May 05, 2012, 11: AM
Stevel
             U.K.I.P. also pay for their own leaflets, have few resourses or footsoldiers to deliver said leaflets, nor are you the only party which feels you can do some good for the town, the reason for this thread however is for complete agreement in the unhelpful character assasination of other party`s candidates, dont rise to it it just shows their level.

Not rising to anything. Just pointing out that we don't all have hefty UNISON donations to fall back on (not that the fact had anything to do with them kicking out the propoasal to contract our R&B, of course or the fact that the Present of the Constituency Party also happens to be the chief shop steward at the Civic).

I can only say that people on the doorstep seemed to respect the fact that we were self-funded and the same is probably the same for UKIP.

Straight Talking

Again you really should check out your facts before shooting off at the mouth SteveL.

UNISON may have supported individual Councillors who happen to be members of UNISON as may other unions after all it is their money as they pay subs each week or month.

There is no large bank rolling by unions at a local level, most candidates think they've done well if they get £100 and you now know how expensive printing is.
Most of the expense is met by monies raised during the year - raffles, quizzes, pie and pea suppers etc.
When this is insufficient to meet the need, candidates dig deep just like any other.

mk1

Quote from: Straight Talking on May 05, 2012, 05: PM
I have it on good authority that on Wednesday 2nd May Stephen Akers-Belcher pipped his horn

I  have to say if I heard the words 'Akers-Belcher' and 'horn' in the same sentence then I too would head for the hills.