More Nepotism..

Started by The Great Dictator, October 14, 2013, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Great Dictator

MORE NEPOTISM.....

A company/charity who picked up a lot of work at the same time WCNE did were West View Advice and Resource Centre.

This organisation is headed by Labour Cllr. Chris Simmons i understand.

His son-in-law is Carl Richardson, can someone check the facts and provide us with a balance sheet ?

How many more Labour driven charities are we supporting ?

V.Grumpy

TGD

http://apps.charitycommission.gov.uk/Accounts/Ends32/0001084632_AC_20130331_E_C.pdf

The above link is to the financial statements of the charity.  All charity accounts are published in full on the Charity Commission website.

Noseyp

TGD,

Are you really so bitter at the Labour Party that you're trying to drag the reputation of a charity though the mud to score some cheap points against people whose only crime appears to be winning an election?

Why not list the other charities and groups in town that have councillors as directors or trustees? Then why not ask these people why they got involved, is it to better understand their community, where the money the council gives out is spent or were they involved before being councillors? As for charities being Labour driven get your head out of your backside, not one group I know of exists for the purpose of meeting the political aims of any party. I guarantee that the work the groups do would continue if the councillors walked away or swapped sides you see not everyone does things for the money or for the political capital, no some people do things because they care and because they want to improve their town not knock everything and everyone at any opportunity.

If you really care approach charities, ask to join their board of trustees you'll find most are struggling and will welcome someone who can do more than moan with open arms. I look forward to the inspired replies from yourself and the ever eloquent MK1 which will accuse me of being a Labour plant or member of the charity named.

grim reaper

Noseyp;
I can agree with the sentiment of your argument but in the case of HBC councillors, I can also see the reasons for dissent.

Apart from MRA employing family and friends, the West View Project is managed by Dave ?? and he employs his son.
Are these jobs ever advertised, so that the unemployed of Hartlepool have an even chance of employment, or are they simply ring-fenced for family and friends of the Labour management and councillors?

If there was a transparent, level playing field people on here wouldn't be so critical.
Well, some of us wouldn't!  ;)

ARC86

Noseyp your bang on the money.. these guys have nothing else to do except try and pull people to pieces! They should be getting behind these charities and supporting the great work they do right across the town

Noseyp

Yes Grim Reaper I am sure that the only jobs in charitable groups in town go to those with blood relatives or Labour membership cards.

None ever advertise jobs and none of the jobs ever go to anyone based on their ability to actually do the job.

mk1

Quote from: Noseyp on October 14, 2013, 08: PM

If you really care approach charities, ask to join their board of trustees you'll find most are struggling and will welcome someone who can do more than moan with open arms.

Indeed.
I mean look at the terrific work done by the trustees at MRA.
Remind me how many selfless, community inspired Labour Councillors are caught up in this train wreck?

You know I might  believe you if the fat buggers (and they are nearly all  fat) did it for charity but they are all making a good living out of it.

mk1

Quote from: Noseyp on October 14, 2013, 08: PM
Yes Grim Reaper I am sure that the only jobs in charitable groups in town go to those with blood relatives or Labour membership cards.

It isn't just a Labour problem. Its more a case of them in the know looking after each other.   

Look how Niramax keep in the good books with  donations to the right Labour Councilors.

Anyone care to predict the outcome of their  planning application to store the sh*it outdoors?

mk1

Quote from: V.Grumpy on October 14, 2013, 07: PM
TGD

http://apps.charitycommission.gov.uk/Accounts/Ends32/0001084632_AC_20130331_E_C.pdf

The above link is to the financial statements of the charity.  All charity accounts are published in full on the Charity Commission website.

I see 192,610 quid paid out to '12' full time employees.

Anyone know how much Simmonds pays himself?
It is not a question of making  millions more of providing yourself with a long term  and assured 'good  living'.

I note the usual lgang  of safe labour hands as trustees. I hope they perform better than the Labour Councilors at MRA.

i

The Great Dictator

Noseyp is obviously on the take as well, the person in charge of WVARC took home a whopping £60,000+ so don't murmur your patronising remarks on this site and expect support.

80% of income on wages, this isn't a charity its a business like MRA, WCNE and ROBTHETAXPAYER.

Land Phil

Too right, not for profit organisations because there is no money left after those running them have pocketed it, in the name of community spirit of course.

steveL

My understanding is that the Trustees/Directors of West View Project receive nothing in the way of remuneration.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

The Great Dictator

So why does it say £192,000 in wages have been paid on the balance sheet ?

The income was only £245,000 :/

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: The Great Dictator on October 16, 2013, 03: PM
So why does it say £192,000 in wages have been paid on the balance sheet ?

Erm ... could it be that they need to employ staff (real ones, chosen because have the right training, experience, knowledge & skills to do the job properly)?

ARC86

Spot on Steve, as i have stated before you dont become a trustee for financial gain.. and your quite right too Lucy, quite a lot of organisations employ graduates and highly skilled people as well as semi skilled and unskilled workers