UKIP

Started by admin, April 30, 2012, 08: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred c

Quote from: beanzontoast on May 05, 2012, 08: PM
Hi Julie Noted, H.P.F. dont have a manifesto, they are not a popular national party, they are a small group of people, who cannot, do anything, your council ( Hartlepool ) has a budget of £hundreds of thousands of pounds, do you think they will give this money over to P.H.F. not likely they may be good people i know 2 and they are good people, but National party`s rule OK.

Having a  national manifesto is one of the reasons the town is in the S***, & having members of a National Party running the show has given us the 4th highest council tax in the country, poverty in the lower percentile, no bus service, & very soon "No Hospital"

The council budget is £125 million & PHF don`t want the money, they just want the money to be spent wisely, not on a £4 million pound white elephant bus stop & carpark or a bloody good weekend that ran a couple of million pounds over budget.

notinshadow

Quote from: perseus on May 05, 2012, 05: PM
I think what's frustrating regarding the common ground that we do appear to share is the PHF situation. I think it's stunning that they pulled in over 9,000 votes in next to no time. To be just a couple of hundred votes behind labour per ward is a real achievement. Mainly because the 19 or so people they put forward were in the main basically anyone they could cobble together. no offence to anyone who stood under the PHF colours.
I think also a lot of people who may want to get involved are maybe a bit reluctant to do so due to the personalities of the leadership. Geoff appears very un approachable from what people on here are saying.
Also Stephen appears about as electable as Moss B even to people in his own back yard. PHF have the makings of a brand that I think a lot of people in the town could buy into, but I'm not sure enough people will see it as a goer with some of the current personel.
Steve doesn't seem very receptive with regard to advice.

Do you know P that's one of the other reasons why it doesn't bother me you saying about how much brighter you are than me, as now and again you come up with a post where I think this guy is switched right on.

The other reason is at some point you will eat them words
.. ;)..

beanzontoast

Perseus, i dont know who you are, but speak to the big friendly giant, all will be well.

notinshadow

Let me say first, I could have been every bit as bright as you, if I had used Wikipedia in the same way you have/do and continue to do.

OK..fair enough..hand shake completed.  :)

notinshadow

Quote from: beanzontoast on May 05, 2012, 09: PM
Perseus, i dont know who you are, but speak to the big friendly giant, all will be well.

No he a tempermental old man, who is bitter and twisted that sometimes life doesn't go the way he want it to.

And the rest of the time his a big friendly giant.

He wasn't to friendly the other night calling me an a*r**o** and telling his wife not to talk to me..not the it bothered me any, as it amused me at the time and all because I don't fall into his way of thinking often.

What I do have to say is that I enjoyed the chat with his wife and found her to be a warm kind of person, she did two things that impressed me, one she answered the question I have asked for two years about why she abstained, even though she didn't have to..and the other time was, when the big, friendly, giant was growling a bit about her talking to me she stood firm with him and he walked away told. Then she told me too...lol

Julie noted

Help.....I've just sent a post and it's disappeared!
No the wonder I have crippled and calloused fingers.
Any chance of a claim against HTH for RSI? 
Hmmm, thought not.

beanzontoast

Perseus. its simple really, you dont need U.K.I.P. to step away, you need to vote for them.

notinshadow

Quote from: perseus on May 05, 2012, 09: PM
Also, moving forward I don't think i'm alone in wishing fred c had taken a scalp at foggy. To realistically do that we'd need UKIP to step aside and rally all their troups behind fred. Possibly also the same from the libs. That would give fred a chance of a major scalp. How likely is that from arthur and ukips decision maker?

Do you think that had they made some friends along the way, do as Labour do and strike some deals, maybe it might have helped?

Julie noted

BOT; I'm on my 2nd bottle of WKD...what are you on tonight?  ???

PHF doesn't claim to be, or have, a 'national ' party and that's why I like them. They are going to be working.....FOR THE TOWN, NOT A NATIONAL PARTY.  :P

As for your comment about them being a 'small group of people'.
Jeez, if PHF is classed as 'small' with over 9,000 votes (after only 6 months in existence), what do you class the tories that had only 5,000 votes?  8)

Excuse me, my 3rd bottle of WKD awaits me.  :P  :P  8)

notinshadow

I see it like this with PHF, they rushed in far to quick at the end, instead of having a good run at it months before.

At present they might have 100 moving parts to their engine but Labour have thousands of moving parts to theirs, so the answer has to be to break everything down they are trying to do, look at each part more carefully to be able to improve every tiny bit in detail.

They know this and will be the first to tell you they know this but..

How many of the councillors that blew out are still going to be around?
I guess the old soldier will, Stevel, Fred, S.A. but how many more.

Julie noted

That is a very good point, LlTa.
I suppose you can only say, if they drop out now, they can't have been very keen in the first place.
Although, that said, I can understand the disappointment they must feel.  :'(
I couldn't do it, that's for sure.  :-X

I cling to the hope that this party (PHF) will be the party to rid Hartlepool of its malaise and alleged cronyism.
If it doesn't/can't, I hope to God another party can rise and, finally rid us of what has held the town back all these years.

Do I see a 4th bottle of WKD? Well, it is Saturday night!  8)

notinshadow

They will be deflated, they should have a period of time to get that out of their system and start planning ahead now.

Take my ward, the two of the PHF cnadidates most likely got 500 votes between, Cath Hill the weak link now got just under 800 I think, so now is the time to look at everything Cath Hill is doing in detail and seeing what you can pull her apart for reasonably, or what she is doing well and working out what you can do better, Waiting two years and sticking leaflet out isn't the way, you need to know how she votes on every issue and report it, each PHF candidate needs their own website reporting these people fairly to the general public as well as the PHF site or of course as part of the PHF site.

That's only one tiny peice but it would still need time and effort to do that with one but you have to do it will all of them.
19 candidates, a few family and friends won't do it.

You need numbers, you need numbers broken into groups, each responsible for a smaller team, taking on one factor of it each.

What are they going to do about getting the numbers?.

beanzontoast

Julie N, What has kept Hartlepool back all these years, back from where, what would you all in hartlepool wish to see, many are whingers. you might not like this. but before you were born, did you know there were 140 shipping magnates in Hartlepool, full employment, `` no workers now just whingers.

notinshadow

Well I would be both..worker and whinger!!

I whinge, as I want to see change and I don't see where it is going to come from.

notinshadow

Quote from: perseus on May 05, 2012, 10: PM
Absolutely LLTA. Look at the situation. Imagine in national PR the cons would get if in 2years time they helped PHF take out a council that Labour have held for half a century or whatever. Lets me honest, nowhere except rural west is likely to go tory anytime soon round here. By 'help' i mean not field candidates in key wards and direct blues to PHF. also, edna will be mid 70s or so next time. How about a parting gift to the town and a retirement but with a parting gift of 350 odd votes to PHF and a scalp on de bruce?

How much harm did PHF do to themselves putting out nonsense about Ray Wells in the Park ward..really did a good job lads.. ::) Mr Wells was 2nd highest voted councillor and George Morris is it ? got well over a thousand so what was the point, a complete own goal with the benefit of hindsight of course.

So don't do it again as it doesn't make sense.

Ray Well has this to worry about in 4 years time..if PHF get it right between now and the next election against the weakest voted councillors, then if they did very well the Park would not be such a mountain to climb.

Ray Wells is better to play ball with an organised PHF, than think it doesn't matter in my view, as when it doesn't matter s**t happens.