UKIP

Started by admin, April 30, 2012, 08: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

notinshadow

Quote from: perseus on May 16, 2012, 11: AM

I don't see races, nationalities, borders etc. I just see humans. Some more civilised than others.

When you say civilised would that mean able to tolerate the beliefs, actions, opinions, etc., of others?

notinshadow

For someone who started with such a good post, to start your time on the forum with, it's rapidly gone down hill for you.

You got everyones attention with that post and then spunked it totally since.

notinshadow

Your not off message just intolerable of other people views and opinions.

I would hate to live in your house as you would be one of those chaps that say "while your living under my roof you will do as I say" blar blar blar.

The only opinion that matters to you is yours.

Donkey Kong

Quote from: LookslikeTORYagain on May 16, 2012, 03: PM
The only opinion that matters to you is yours.

Hang on a minute while I shut this machine down and reboot it to see if I really read that.  ;)

Micksmate

Good old perseus, name dropping as usual and quoting them, what's the matter man can you not think for yourself.  You say you have read Giddens etc. but you didn't buy into it all, well from my point of view you really are a student of these "Theorists" just like them you talk gobbledegook and try to baffle brains with bulls**t, there is no rhyme nor reason and certainly no end product to your posts, I doubt if there is anyone on this site can honestly say, they fully understand your posts. 

Now let me tell you a little fairy tale.  Once upon a time there was a wondrous creature called the "European Common Market" so wondrous was it that even the bunch of "mostly' backward thinking deluded old men wrapped up in racism** without actually even being aware of the ideology they're cocooned in" (your words) believed in it and agreed to join it and be friends with it, but sadly like most fairy tales it didn't come true.  Why you may ask, because along came the naughty people, the ones who dress up as friends of the working class, people like Roy Jenkins, the son of a Welsh coal miner, who in 1970, was elected Deputy Leader of the Labour Party, he supported entry to the Common Market, while the party opposed it.  So disgusted with this, he cried if we don't join the ECM I will resign, thus he resigned from British politics in 1976 and was appointed President of the European Commission in 1977, serving until 1981: he was the first and to date only British holder of this office, doubling his previous salary in doing so.  Seeing the glitter of gold, others followed, the King and Queen of Wales Neil and Glenys, soon the fairy tale turned into a nightmare, the nightmare that is the EU (Look under your bed before turning out the lights)
Quiz: What is the difference between war and conflict?

notinshadow

Donkey ..I do listen to other people views and opinions and ask lots of questions if I am unsure. Also my view can change is someone puts a reasonable argument over that changes my mind, so that is the difference in my view.

But you can still have your view that's cool.

Quote from: Micksmate on May 16, 2012, 03: PM
Good old perseus, name dropping as usual and quoting them, what's the matter man can you not think for yourself.  You say you have read Giddens etc. but you didn't buy into it all, well from my point of view you really are a student of these "Theorists" just like them you talk gobbledegook and try to baffle brains with bulls**t, there is no rhyme nor reason and certainly no end product to your posts, I doubt if there is anyone on this site can honestly say, they fully understand your posts. 

Now let me tell you a little fairy tale.  Once upon a time there was a wondrous creature called the "European Common Market" so wondrous was it that even the bunch of "mostly' backward thinking deluded old men wrapped up in racism** without actually even being aware of the ideology they're cocooned in" (your words) believed in it and agreed to join it and be friends with it, but sadly like most fairy tales it didn't come true.  Why you may ask, because along came the naughty people, the ones who dress up as friends of the working class, people like Roy Jenkins, the son of a Welsh coal miner, who in 1970, was elected Deputy Leader of the Labour Party, he supported entry to the Common Market, while the party opposed it.  So disgusted with this, he cried if we don't join the ECM I will resign, thus he resigned from British politics in 1976 and was appointed President of the European Commission in 1977, serving until 1981: he was the first and to date only British holder of this office, doubling his previous salary in doing so.  Seeing the glitter of gold, others followed, the King and Queen of Wales Neil and Glenys, soon the fairy tale turned into a nightmare, the nightmare that is the EU (Look under your bed before turning out the lights)

A five star post in my view.

notinshadow

See that's the problem when you use terms like Rolling over or backing down..that what this is to you..

Your off your trolley mate, straight up and honest with you.

Donkey Kong

Quote from: LookslikeTORYagain on May 16, 2012, 03: PM
Donkey ..I do listen to other people views and opinions and ask lots of questions if I am unsure. Also my view can change is someone puts a reasonable argument over that changes my mind, so that is the difference in my view.

But you can still have your view that's cool.

I was joking, hence the  ;) !

Ryehill

Perseus , I am going to surprise you by agreeing  that the theoretical concept of a European Union had a lot going for it . Unfortunately it hasn't developed in the way that enthuses ordinary people all over Europe and what we have today is not what the vast majority of people want. Not only are the unelected people at the top unsavoury, Barroso ex Marxist, Ashton ex C.N.D. Rumpoy ex ? but it appears that the whole organisation just meddles in peoples lives. It is a control freaks dream and a bureaucratic nightmare. It stifles trade and initiative with resulting high unemployment as bad as anything in the 30's. We are witnessing events in parts of Europe which is leading to the growth of extremism on both the left and right of the political spectrum. Worst of all the introduction of the Eurozone has probably been the biggest civil disaster in Europe since the Black Death.
          The Conservative Party has, for many years, declared that we are in Europe not controlled by Europe and that they would prefer to change the E.U. from within. Somebody should tell them that the E.U. does not change. Many of their rank and file members have realised this and left the party in disgust. Dislike of the E.U. is not the preserve of U.K.I.P. It is shared by millions of people all over Europe. What we should be discussing is how will a post E.U. Europe evolve, preferably without an exchange of insults.

notinshadow

Quote from: Micksmate on May 16, 2012, 03: PM

War is a prolonged state of continuous physical violence between two or more organized and armed groups, whether national or transnational organizations. War is characterized by the mobilization of large groups of armed men fighting for discernible gain, such as land or resources.

Conflict is a prolonged state of hostility between two or more organized groups that encompasses a wider variety of factors, whether these are political or economic. Israel has fought 5 wars (War of Independence, Six-Day War, Yom Kippur War, two invasions of Lebanon) but remains in a perpetual state of conflict with Palestinians, using border control and economic leverage against them.

P.S. Nicked from Google but it sounds about right.

Julie noted

d) "The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the rampant determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe".  (Mikhail Gorbachev last General Secretary of the Soviet Union, 1985 - 1991 speaking about the EU)

Thank you, Kipperdip, I wasn't aware of that quote when I wrote my piece about the EU and communism.
If the man at the top of the Russian quest for world domination could see through communism for what it was and renounced it, then my thoughts on the new European communism are confirmed.

It is a cosy set up for dodgy politicians, rewarding themselves beyond avarice and raping other countries and democracies as they go along.

The UK can stand alone and is stronger than the vast majority of countries making up the satan called the EU. They need us more than we need them. (That said, we do still need to trade with them but it is quid pro quo).
Italy, Greece, Spain, Portugal, Ireland, France?    All second rate weak countries being bled dry by the EU.
Only Germany is stronger than the UK and that is why they are determined to have us knuckle under.  :o

The politburo utopia is doomed, let's have the funeral.  :D

Micksmate

Quote from: perseus on May 17, 2012, 08: AM
So just to clarify, when I quote people I'm name dropping, but when you do it it's ok? Is that how this site works?

Just to clarify, twas i that said you were name dropping, no one else.  Judging by the comments in other posts it seems that I am not the only one who finds your posts rather boring and self esteeming. xx

Ryehill

Remember the U.K.I.P. slogan  'Love Europe, hate the E.U.'  The continent of Europe is a geographical entity, of which we are a part, with over 40 other countries all with individual customs, language etc. The E.U. is a political union of 27 countries cobbled together , usually without the democratic agrrement of the citizens of those counties. Perseus please use the correct terminology when writing about the E.U.

notinshadow

Hasn't Greece just pulled £800m from banks in Europe as they are now out of the European game game just about.

notinshadow

Bye take care

Drop in next time your heads straight and we can have a sensible chat about the things that matter in/to the town.