UKIP

Started by admin, April 30, 2012, 08: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordontny

Well said Steve, I too will refrain from posting on this section of the site

admin

Quote from: gordontny on May 03, 2012, 01: PM

Something of an odd thing to say on your first post, isn't it?

steveL

Quote from: stephen allison on May 03, 2012, 12: PM
Quote from: Micksmate on May 03, 2012, 11: AM
it's because of people like you {perseus} that a lot of other people have stopped using the site.

Couldn't agree more. This site started as a debating forum but soon became a platform for abuse and personal insults. So this is my first and last post on this forum as all it really is is a "bait and flame" site. The trolls dangle some bait, they get a nibble and then flame the responder. They don't really want any debate, they just want to throw insults about.

This forum is a facility provided by HTH. What people make of it is up to them.

It's aim is to encourage debate. If it shows that people are incapable of debate without quickly resorting to abuse then it could be argued that serves to  help highlight why genuine debate in this country is rare.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

notinshadow

Quote from: gordontny on May 03, 2012, 01: PM

Hang on Mr Parkin..if you are UKIP which your twitter makes out then stand up for them and tell P where he is and how he is so wrong.

Micksmate

Quote from: perseus on May 03, 2012, 12: PM
you're the one who brought the issues of masters degrees into the conversation not me. Look, all I did was attempt to raise a DEBATE about U.K.I.P mainly via my long post. If you don't agree with my long post, then tell me WHY.

If you can justify a U.K.I.P member trying to win votes via implicit homopobia etc. then do so.

or reduce this debate to a slanging match.

Either way I don't mind.

This was what i had in mind.  "I think intelligence wise we're in different divisions mr LLTA.

I pity people like you".

I take it that your framed document on "European Politics and Society" is a Master's.  (says i having a sly look at the framed documents on my wall, including a citation from the Malaysian Gov.)  Oops silly me fancy bringing "International politics" into a local political forum.  Do me a favour, don't be a prick all your life, have at least one day off.

notinshadow

Quote from: stephen allison on May 03, 2012, 12: PM
Quote from: Micksmate on May 03, 2012, 11: AM

Couldn't agree more. This site started as a debating forum but soon became a platform for abuse and personal insults.

I thought you were the daddy at that!!

So this is my first and last post on this forum as all it really is is a "bait and flame" site.

Only if you struggle to answer direct questions and try and fill us full of s**t.

The trolls dangle some bait, they get a nibble and then flame the responder.

Like you have here Stephen, I would have thought your time would have been better spent knocking on doors today, saving your nonsense for the people who may or may not vote for you.

They don't really want any debate, they just want to throw insults about.

To have to any debate you have to answer direct questions and frankly that's not something you or your obbo like to do.

Also how comes your allowed multiple usernames.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: perseus on May 03, 2012, 01: PM
i'm pretty sure my long post about UKIP was a genuine attempt to facilitate debate.
It started off that way, a point of genuine interest. Sadly, you were like a man banging a drum to seek attention, the audience gathered ad listened and made to walk off thoughtfully, but you kept on banging the drum of attention and on and on and on and eventually  the message was lost, drowned out by yourself. More is sometimes less.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

beanzontoast

After reading many of the comments, on U.K.I.P. I think it important to move away from individual, personalities as it always turns nasty and destructive. Many individuals as is their very nature will always move from one political party to another the reasons for the move is many and varied, in Steve Allisons case he was on the National Executive of U.K.I.P. he may have wanted to be leader of the party and when he could not get his way he turned and ran, the important point to mention here is instead of the whole thing turning nasty just ask him what you want to know ( if he is on this forum ) as far as U.K.I.P. is concerned he is no longer a part of U.K.I.P. If he so chooses to join another party well it`s his choice but the Hartlepool branch, probably don`t have an issue with that, they probably  wish him well. Another important point is voters will benifit greatly from a party with a manifesto as it is a clear road map to their aim`s and objectives as a party. As an example take immigration the U.K.I.P. manifesto for 2011 states, they will stop all immigration for 5 years, after that time no immigrants entering the country will be able to apply for benifits until they have paid taxes for 5 years. this seems to me to be a sensible view on the subject.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Riddler5 on May 04, 2012, 03: PM
Quote from: perseus on May 03, 2012, 01: PM
i'm pretty sure my long post about UKIP was a genuine attempt to facilitate debate.
It started off that way, a point of genuine interest. Sadly, you were like a man banging a drum to seek attention, the audience gathered ad listened and made to walk off thoughtfully, but you kept on banging the drum of attention and on and on and on and eventually  the message was lost, drowned out by yourself. More is sometimes less.

Well said, I am also getting distinctly bored by this constant yapping on about UKIP - and no, I'm neither a UKIP member nor am I a supporter.   

beanzontoast

Well P you beat me to it, there are many more topics Lucy Lass enjoy.

notinshadow

Where did it all go wrong fella last night?

beanzontoast

Well at least have a stab at it Perseus, remember though Politics is War without bloodshed, Labour won a battle in Hartlepool no more. this is why politics is so good.

Ryehill

If you think that it went wrong for U.K.I.P. last night then I suggest you have a careful  look at the results of the Conservatives and the Lib Dems. Overall  U.K.I.P. results were reasonably decent. The only winners last night were the Labour Party. Something which I predicted some weeks ago.

notinshadow

Ryehill

If I wanted to know (which I do) where it went wrong for the Tories I will email Ray Wells.

If I wanted (which I don't) to know where it went wrong for the Libs I would write to A.P.

What I was asking you was where do you think it went wrong for UKIP last night and it's a straight forward enough question in my humble view.

As for labour we all knew by how bad the other parties were that they would do well..

Labour were not good to win the rest were p**s poor and that is not the same thing.

Now where do you think it went wrong for UKIP last night?

Ryehill

As I said in my reply I think that U.K.I.P.'s results were reasonably decent. In every ward, bar Jesmond, the field was pretty crowded. Analysis of the figures show that in the 8 wards contested  U.K.I.P. beat every Lib/Dem candidate ,except Edna Wright.  With the exception of the Rural West ward U.K.I.P. did well against Conservative candidates  and in that ward comprehensively defeated every other candidate.  Finally  U.K.I.P  comfortably defeated the B.N.P. candidate in Manor House . I am not going to attempt to speculate the affect of the P.H.F. vote because their vote affected all parties .