The money and the Elephant

Started by akarjl2, November 22, 2019, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRiddle

Here's the irony some of the kippers are missing.

You're alluding to Pakistan right? A country that's a big recipient of foreign aid, yet also spends money on nuclear weapons.

If you sit back and do NOTHING about poverty, corrupt governance, lack of education, famine, disease, natural disasters etc. overseas,  do you know what you run the risk of?

Mass migration.

mk1

Quote from: DRiddle on November 23, 2019, 10: AM
do you know what you run the risk of?

Mass migration.

If the UK did not invade or destroy countries then the refugee problem would shrink dramatically. The UK had had a leading role if the destruction of Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya and Syria. You can not cause that much death and destruction then sit back and refuse to deal with the consequences. You break it , you fix it.
The Pakistan Nuclear Bomb is in reality the Saudi Nuclear Bomb. The Saudis bought and paid for it and they have direct and unfettered access to the technology and weaponry. .
The deception The West pulled on Libya (they persuaded Gaddafi to stop his Nuclear program and then allowed him to be murdered when he was defenceless) means no other country is ever going to give up their bomb.  North Korea will never give up its Nuclear Weapons after seeing what happened in Libya. Pakistan too is untouchable.

akarjl2

Quote from: mk1 on November 23, 2019, 11: AM
do you know what you run the risk of?

Mass migration.

Pakistan too is untouchable.

Doesn't mean we have to pay for it.
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

akarjl2

You're alluding to Pakistan right? A country that's a big recipient of foreign aid, yet also spends money on nuclear weapons.

Penny's dropped eh? = they do not need our money.

QuoteIf you sit back and do NOTHING about poverty, corrupt governance, lack of education, famine aka hunger, disease, natural disasters  aka flooding etc. overseas all problems here in uk,  do you know what you run the risk of?

Mass migration.

Solved by immigration CONTROL ;)

I guess you have just argued FOR Brexit-cheers for that ;)

Inspector Knacker

QuoteIf you sit back and do NOTHING about poverty, corrupt governance, lack of education, famine aka hunger, disease, natural disasters  aka flooding etc. overseas all problems here in uk,  do you know what you run the risk of?

Simple logic eh, but applied logically every country in the world could use that line..."Give us foreign aid or we come to your country". Really? I can see us responding to a crisis, but not sending a big fat cheque to the same old places annually, that is lunacy.

What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Johnny Bongo

Quote from: akarjl2 on November 22, 2019, 07: PM
Quote from: Johnny Bongo on November 22, 2019, 07: PM
Hey Guys and gals, lighten up! Even though Mk1 can be' hard going' at times ;)...can't we all :)....I  don't believe he was being or intended to be racist but imo was being satirical (if that's the right word?).   

I am surprised you appear to be defending his offensive language.

For the sake of clarity;

Satirical

A satirical drawing, piece of writing, or comedy show is one in which humour or exaggeration is used to criticize something.
https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/satirical

Darky

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/darkies
offensive, slang -an offensive word for a Black person

Still want to defend his use of the word?

I wouldn't defend racial abuse, verbal or otherwise but I really think some on here are making a mountain out of a molehill! Yeh, if the shoe was on the other foot, I'm certain that Mk1 wouldn't 'let it go', as he has shown with the Shane saga....but for the sake of one daft word, you're all turning into Mk1 mk2's!
Who exactly (in the world) decided that the 'D' word is offensive?  Did anyone ask certain races of people if they are offended by it? 
Btw, Here's a one for you all.  Have you ever watched certain vids on Youtube, where several American black folk are arguing / fighting and they use the N word to each other.  Are they being racist...to their own race?  Sure as hell confuses me!  Not sure if I mentioned this next bit before,either...but for the record, my wife is 'dark skinned'!  Our two children have a 'tint' as folk might say.  Read into all that what you will.  Having said all that and just for the record again, I believe the UK should stop foreign aid except in the case of disasters, famines, etc, and NOT to bribe corrupt Governments to buy our Arms!  We should also stop (mass) immigration, except in the most extreme humanitarian cases.   

Admin note: We have edited and removed some of this post, as it could easily lead this forum into seas where we prefer not to swim

Inspector Knacker

What colour is the sky in your world?
Your last sentence tells us what you are.

Johnny Bongo

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on November 23, 2019, 03: PM

Hi IK, is your post directed at me? If so, can you explain your comments please.

akarjl2

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on November 23, 2019, 02: PMI can see us responding to a crisis, but not sending a big fat cheque to the same old places annually, that is lunacy.

Sensible approach  ;)

akarjl2

Quote from: Johnny Bongo on November 23, 2019, 03: PM
I believe the UK should stop foreign aid except in the case of disasters, famines, etc, and NOT to bribe corrupt Governments to buy our Arms!  We should also stop (mass) immigration, except in the most extreme humanitarian cases.   

The voice of sanity  :)

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Johnny Bongo on November 23, 2019, 04: PM

Hi IK, is your post directed at me? If so, can you explain your comments please.
Yes, did you read the last sentence of your post that has been amended by admin....?

Johnny Bongo

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on November 23, 2019, 05: PM
Quote from: Johnny Bongo on November 23, 2019, 04: PM

Yes, did you read the last sentence of your post that has been amended by admin....?

Yes, I did read it...I wrote it!  Are you referring to the one that was removed or the (last) one that's still there?  I'm still confused by your comments.

ReturntoZenda

Not that I post an awful lot on here, but I'm completely done with this place. The sneering arrogance of a bloke that I, along with many others had a lot of time for, and the obsessive, bordering on maniacal, repetition from another just make it a chore to read let alone interact with.

Inspector Knacker

Don't leave, this board is worth saving, I'm staying put.

mk1

Quote from: ReturntoZenda on November 23, 2019, 05: PM
Not that I post an awful lot on here, but I'm completely done with this place. The sneering arrogance of a bloke that I, along with many others had a lot of time for, and the obsessive, bordering on maniacal, repetition from another just make it a chore to read let alone interact with.

Strangely no one was bothered when I was tackling the Labour Party. I had thought this was a forum where all  Politicians were to be taken to task Over the years Labour,  The Tories & UKIP were all targets but I began to notice after Shane was elected that no one was really taking him to task. Almost the first thing Shane did was make a deal with the Tories and the SCABs and that was just the start. Turns out he lies and cheats just as much as they did but hardly  anyone was making much of a fuss about it.
I am not going to keep quiet about it and that clearly upset many. Not having any emotional or policy attachment to the Brexit Party incomers I simply kept on doing what I did when Labour were in charge. What changed was that many who pretended they also  were attacking all politicians were only interested in attacking Labour politicians. They are quite happy to keep on insulting Labour but get very upset when anyone tackles Shane in the same manner. In short it is not me who changed it is the Shane fan club who changed.
So if anyone is claiming I am too hard on Shane or am holding him to a higher standard than I did Labour then repost what you think is the best example of my 'picking' on Shane.
Also can you link me to an attack on a Labour figure by me where at the time you complained it was over-the-top and unjustified.
Let us see if anyone can substantiate their charges.