Unfit to Govern

Started by marky, May 23, 2013, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRMoore

Quote from: fred c on May 25, 2013, 03: PM
I am not a betting man, but i would have a Tenner e/w on J Brash standing as an Independent in 2015.

There is more chance of the German Grand Fleet bombarding Hartlepool (Again) than there is of the Tories becoming a threat to Labour in Hartlepool.

It's likely that he will, Fred. I'm not a betting man either but as noble an idea it might be for Brash to offer another 'Labour' option, the reality is that he has never experienced what it is like to campaign against the ingrained labour voting habit many people in this town have. It won't come of anything. Except perhaps offering a split in the Labour vote.

Whilst you may be quick to dismiss the possibility of a Tory win in Hartlepool, we are currently the closest to unseating Iain. We have an increasing membership, activist base and with Labour nose diving both locally and nationally there is the opportunity to capitalise on it and remove Iain, sending a clear message to Labour.

Of course you could ignore all of that, continue to be hostile towards me, laugh off the prospect of unseating Iain and split the non Labour vote.

I guess it all depends on how much you really want to a change for Hartlepool and representation that'll actually work for you and not to follow Umana around like a lapdog in the hope of a good job.

craig finton

I've just been reading about Tories moves to have another go at introducing a Data Communications Bill on the back of the Woolwich killing. The bill would allow the Police to monitor all internet activity, including that of the general public. They've already had one go but the Lib-Dems wouldn't support it.

So no, I don't think I will be voting Tory any time soon.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-22652051

fred c

Quote from: SRMoore on May 25, 2013, 07: PM
Quote from: fred c on May 25, 2013, 03: PM
I am not a betting man, but i would have a Tenner e/w on J Brash standing as an Independent in 2015.

There is more chance of the German Grand Fleet bombarding Hartlepool (Again) than there is of the Tories becoming a threat to Labour in Hartlepool.

It's likely that he will, Fred. I'm not a betting man either but as noble an idea it might be for Brash to offer another 'Labour' option, the reality is that he has never experienced what it is like to campaign against the ingrained labour voting habit many people in this town have. It won't come of anything. Except perhaps offering a split in the Labour vote.

Whilst you may be quick to dismiss the possibility of a Tory win in Hartlepool, we are currently the closest to unseating Iain. We have an increasing membership, activist base and with Labour nose diving both locally and nationally there is the opportunity to capitalise on it and remove Iain, sending a clear message to Labour.

Of course you could ignore all of that, continue to be hostile towards me, laugh off the prospect of unseating Iain and split the non Labour vote.

I guess it all depends on how much you really want to a change for Hartlepool and representation that'll actually work for you and not to follow Umana around like a lapdog in the hope of a good job.

You presume to much Shane, i don`t believe i have been hostile to you in the slightest & to be honest i am more interested in better governance for Hartlepool than i am in National matters.

Hartlepool could well benefit from a Marginal MP, lets face it, the last 50 odd years haven`t exactly been years of Milk & Honey for the town.

However the performance of the Tories over the NHS, Curbing Bankers Excesses ,Youth Unemployment & The Demonising of people on Benefits over the last couple of years doesn`t exactly bode well for the future.

Our current "Member" has,  like his predecessors achieved the Square Root of F**k All for Hartlepool, the difference is in how they got elected...... Broken promises on the Hospital Closure should be at the forefront of the electorates mind when 2015 comes around, so for me it`s  matter of anybody (Unless he is wearing a Monkey Suit) would be better than what we have at present.

SRMoore

Apologies, Fred. I was speaking generally by that point, I wasn't suggesting you personally were being hostile. I agree with you 100% thought that anybody but the incumbent would be better. When your MP has only once in nearly 10 years voted against his party you can be absolutely certain he isn't acting with your interests in mind!

Craig, you'd be surprised how many Tories (myself included) oppose that Bill and were thankful the Lib Dems helped scupper it.

Vincent

Quote from: craig finton on May 25, 2013, 08: PM
I've just been reading about Tories moves to have another go at introducing a Data Communications Bill on the back of the Woolwich killing. The bill would allow the Police to monitor all internet activity, including that of the general public. They've already had one go but the Lib-Dems wouldn't support it.

So no, I don't think I will be voting Tory any time soon.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-22652051

Thank goodness the Lib Dems are keeping and will keep the Tories under control but Michael Howard was on the news this morning saying the Tories will try to push through the "snoopers charter" with the support of the Labour Party.

Vincent

Will Mr SRMoore be holding his hand up and standing as the Tory candidate for Hartlepool I wonder.

not4me

Anything is possible. Didn't they put up ex-Labour party man Alan thingy last time? Must have had a lot of impact; I can't even remember the bugger's name.

notenoughsaid

Reply to  not4me......you are right I believe.   ...Mr.Alan WRIGHT stoood as a Tory candidate. He is a former teacher,broadcaster and  now writes in the local Mail and does 'after dinner speaking' for which he is well acclaimed.   In the days before the last general election I sent him an E-Mail promising him my vote (despite not being a true blue) asking him to ask a certain question in the Commons, subject to him being elected, regarding the involvement of the former Health Minister Patricia HEWITT in the closure of the  U of H hospital. It was her who told Proff.Darzi to go back to the drawing board after he suggested splitting two centres of excellence between Hartlepool and NTGH and maintaining A&E at both, resulting in the Wynyard project not getting off the ground.   My reason for selling my soul was due to the fact that she with Geoff HOON and others ministers had been exposed as attempting to use their position,to in HOON's own words 'to raise cash' by asking questions on behalf of influential people in the Commons.    I did not receive a  reply....or acknowledgement.     

tankerville

Stephen I'm sure your quite correct on election procedures and what you can put on the Ballot Paper BUT there is no law to say that you imply that your INDEPENDENT LABOUR on the election leaflet that comes through the door. Or is there?

Hartlepool folk are quite trusting and believe what is on a piece of paper whether TRUE or UNTRUE.

Remember the Labour Referendum Leaflet. Get rid of the Mayor and save £1.000.000.

SRMoore

Quote from: Vincent on May 26, 2013, 11: AM
Will Mr SRMoore be holding his hand up and standing as the Tory candidate for Hartlepool I wonder.

I'd be lying if I said I hadn't been tempted to stand against Iain. Rather me or another local candidate than a suit from down south who is trying to make a name for themselves on the candidates list. Maybe Stephen could act as agent again
No.

Independent or Independent Labour, I think that IF Brash managed to win in Hartlepool we would soon have a sweepstake on the length of time it takes before he's accepted back into the party & he accepts the Labour whip. I like Brash, don't get me wrong, but I can see what would happen.

SRMoore

Notenoughsaid, sorry to hear you didn't even get a reply from Alan. I wasn't involved with Alan's campaign directly so I can't really comment on what was going on other than saying it is very bad form not to have even acknowledged your email.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: SRMoore on May 25, 2013, 07: PM

Whilst you may be quick to dismiss the possibility of a Tory win in Hartlepool, we are currently the closest to unseating Iain.
You may well be the closest, but still miles adrift and unlikely to ever make up the ground. The Tory Party in Hartlepool is anonymous and even now remains so... a faceless confederation of the  irrelevant.
Hard as it may be to swallow for some, is the H'angus option of an independent candidate with the character and the nous to challenge the uninspiring incumbent.......... the public don't really like politicians and love to put the boot in by short circuiting the system..... that's the trouble with politicians, they don't have a clue how normal prople work.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

notenoughsaid

To SRM...I note your reply. Thanks. Not your fault. (don't want to fall into the same trap!!!)