Blah, blah, blah

Started by Lucy Lass-Tick, May 23, 2013, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucy Lass-Tick

Does this man ever actually do anything ... talk, talk, talk but no action (plus a rather touching faith in HBC's scrutiny processes) ...

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/hartlepool-mp-calls-for-probe-into-transfer-of-hospital-s-intensive-care-services-1-5697692

steveL

What a waste of space this man is. Door, Bolted Horse - fill in the gaps to find a well known phrase or saying.

And this doesn't look promising either:

"The council has carried out excellent scrutinies in the past – I am sure they will on this occasion."

. . . and what exactly was the result?

I'm more convinced than ever now that Wynyard will never be built. I've always said the same, that the original Trust plan back in 2002 was to close Hartlepool Hospital and centre everything on North Tees. I don't believe that the original plan has ever changed and that Wynyard has always been no more than a distractive red herring.

The mistake was in not fighting every service loss with our every breath until the new hospital was built and that's where we have been very badly let down by our local council.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

norfolkngoode

::) Yawn..........He reminds me of the John Gielgud character on spitting image...... always asleep, and only saying anything after being poked with a stick, but then saying nothing worthwhile.

He needs poking with a much sharper stick.

He is a complete waste of space.

'They don't like it up em'

fred c

If you could get a Phd in Hypocrisy this bloke would qualify without a problem, he gained office on the back of Keeping The Hospital Open, then when he got into Parliament he conveniently forgot all about the promises made by him & his party.

His quote.....

"The council has carried out excellent scrutinies in the past – I am sure they will on this occasion."

Insults the intelligence of every clear thinking person in Hartlepool, "The Mobs" health scrutiny chairman didn`t bother his A**e when it came to saving the Hospital, to compound his total abdication of responsibility, came the debacle of Chairman Richardson not even bothering to post a letter to the North Tees & Hartlepool NHS Mis-Trust.

The behaviour of the Hartlepool Labour Group recent in years has left an awful lot to be  desired & not just in connection with the Hospital Closure, the self serving behaviour of certain councillors is all to apparent & those that know what goes on but sit back & do nothing are equally to blame.

The Manor Residents situation has even brought condemnation from a former labour heavyweight, who has Tweeted his disgust at the present regimes governance of Hartlepool.........

The more we see, the more we realise that the people of Hartlepool need to seriously consider the Politicians we put in office come the next election, be it local or national

tankerville

I think it's only just sunk in just how knee deep the Labour Group is in the mire and this pathetic posting by our so called member of parliament proves it.

Reminds me of the meeting held in the Corporation Club some years past.

Wright was asked a direct question regarding the hospital petition DID YOU SIGN IT? He huffed and puffed and sweated buckets and replied Er. er. I. I. think er well erm well oh Yes I did sign.

O/K then when did you sign?  Er. er. erm ah YES it was in.. then came out with a month from the top of his head.

That's rather strange it was finished well before that month and handed in. Then a big guy interrupted with why don't you leave him alone stop picking on him.

It would seem we have him sweating buckets again.

Inspector Knacker

Our disembodied 'representative'  appears to have day-dreamed his way  through office. Unruffled and unhurried, drifting through his duties with a glib look of misplaced importance,, he will leave no trace of his passing. His time in post will be looked back upon as the barren years.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

not4me

Mollie Sugden was never Hartlepool's MP - and I am unanimous on that  ::)

rabbit

Parliament is all blah blah blah. I don`t believe even the likes of Winston Churchill would have improved the siuation here.

We are one of 650 constituencies in Westminster, and a minor one at that1

The lone voice of an MP raising issues about his/her own constituency is basically pissing against the wind, when faced with the over-riding aims or policies of the particular govenment in power.

So, has our M.P. spoken out in Parliament for the people of the town?
The records say yes, definitely, on many occasions.

The results of his efforts are up to us to decide.

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/search/?s=%28hartlepool%29+&pid=11362&o=o

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/search/?o=o&s=hospital&pid=11362

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: stephen allison on May 26, 2013, 08: AM
Quote from: Riddler5 on May 26, 2013, 07: AM
Our disembodied 'representative'  appears to have day-dreamed his way  through office. Unruffled and unhurried, drifting through his duties with a glib look of misplaced importance,, he will leave no trace of his passing. His time in post will be looked back upon as the barren years.

Are you talking about Iain Wright? The same description could be applied to every Hartlepool MP for the past 100 years. Can you give any examples of anything lasting achieved by Mandelson, Leadbitter, Kerans, Jones, Greenwell, Gritten, Sugden or Jowitt?
....I never realised you were a fan.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: rabbit on May 26, 2013, 02: PM
Parliament is all blah blah blah. I don`t believe even the likes of Winston Churchill would have improved the siuation here.

We are one of 650 constituencies in Westminster, and a minor one at that1

The lone voice of an MP raising issues about his/her own constituency is basically pissing against the wind, when faced with the over-riding aims or policies of the particular govenment in power.

So, has our M.P. spoken out in Parliament for the people of the town?
The records say yes, definitely, on many occasions.

The results of his efforts are up to us to decide.

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/search/?s=%28hartlepool%29+&pid=11362&o=o

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/search/?o=o&s=hospital&pid=11362
I've reappraised my view of the bloke now....he is truly a political colosuss bestriding the political arena, who.........sorry, can't keep this up....  ::)