Hartlepool 3rd Bottom for Shop Vacancies

Started by not4me, February 03, 2015, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred c

No surprises there, I walked around Middleton Grange last week, crikey it was like a bloomin ghost town & when M&S goes i can see other retailers abandoning the place.

Thank goodness for The Dear Leaders Visions & Masterplans

DRiddle

fred c

An irate phone call from The Dear Leader to the Editor perhaps ?

stokoe

I knew about tescos in the town  centre 6 weeks ago,let me tell you wilkinsons may be next :(

fred c

seaton

Fortunately the SCABS don't have the same influence over the BBC than they have the over Mail !

steveL

Wilkinson's run on a different business model so let's hope it stays put. That said, I have heard that they're considering a move to one of the retail parks. I would be more concerned about Boots and Argos - just how long are they going to keep two shops running in the town? Boots especially is really struggling. 
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

steveL

What an idiot:

Mark Rycraft, Middleton Grange Shopping Centre manager, said: "Rather than comparing ourselves to other towns and cities we should focus on what we as a town are doing and how we continue to attract new business and inward investment to Hartlepool and our longer term vision.
What an idiot:

]"In 2014 Middleton Grange welcomed Roman and TJ Hughes which has resulted in a seven per cent decrease in vacant floor space at the centre.

"A number of existing retailers successfully renegotiated terms to remain in the centre.

"Plus, in recent weeks three more independent traders have joined our indoor market.

"We will continue to invest in the centre and work with the council as they set out the vision for Hartlepool through The Hartlepool Regeneration Masterplan."
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Lucy Lass-Tick

seaton

Quote from: steveL on February 04, 2015, 09: AM
Wilkinson's run on a different business model so let's hope it stays put. That said, I have heard that they're considering a move to one of the retail parks. I would be more concerned about Boots and Argos - just how long are they going to keep two shops running in the town? Boots especially is really struggling.

Wilkos of recent have no Air Con, there were temporary units set up. I enquired about this and was informed they have no intention of paying for repairs, I think when their lease expires they will be off. The Range and Home Bargains sell similar products and you don't have to pay parking charges at the Retail Park.

seaton

Quote from: steveL on February 04, 2015, 09: AM
What an idiot:

Mark Rycraft, Middleton Grange Shopping Centre manager, said: "Rather than comparing ourselves to other towns and cities we should focus on what we as a town are doing and how we continue to attract new business and inward investment to Hartlepool and our longer term vision.
What an idiot:

]"In 2014 Middleton Grange welcomed Roman and TJ Hughes which has resulted in a seven per cent decrease in vacant floor space at the centre.

"A number of existing retailers successfully renegotiated terms to remain in the centre.

"Plus, in recent weeks three more independent traders have joined our indoor market.

"We will continue to invest in the centre and work with the council as they set out the vision for Hartlepool through The Hartlepool Regeneration Masterplan."

Must be on the same jungle juice as the SCABS !

Land Phil

The worse it gets the more excited those in charge get, enjoying the view as they go over the cliff edge.