Close the door on your way out...

Started by marky, February 02, 2015, 08: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marky

So Mr Stubbs bids us goodbye; not unexpected. In my experience, if you leave something hanging around too long it always starts to go off. Need I say more?

ashamedtobebritish

Lord Elpus

If Carlos and Mad Dog are taking control no one in their right mind would want it.  Have no doubts Stuubs will have already chosen his successor.

Land Phil

Is Damien Wilson still grinning like a Cheshire prat ?

I bet he has got his interview suit pressed and door plaque ordered just to be pro-active.

I know somebody called Gill has already been put in the frame but if serious consideration isn't given
to an outside candidate the council will continue to be treated as the joke they are.

Hartlepudlion

Rumour has it that it is Gill Alexander next (Mail comments and other sources). Great how the public sector works - two big promotions near to retirement. What a boost to one's pension!

Again rumour is Denise is next in line.

If true Damian will have to move on, hopefully, or put his hopes on hold.

steveL

Funny one this, if only because of Stubbs' insistence that it falls to him to name his successor. Up until a few months ago, it looked like it would go to Denise Ogden; Gill Alexander, who hasn't been with HBC that long, was said to be 'uninterested'. All of that seems to have changed now with GA the front-runner. Damien will content himself, for now, with a move up the ladder and a salary hike sufficient to pay for a Hollywood teeth job.

One thing that won't happen is any chance that they will follow the 'strong' recommendation of the Peer Group and bring in fresh blood. Heaven forbid!

I think we should all chip in and get Stubbs some sort of commemorative trophy - a plaque showing the 7 Private Eye front covers may be the most appropriate.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

DRiddle

Nowt wrong with a Hollywood teeth job . . .  ;)