MAYORS FUN DAY

Started by stokoe, August 16, 2014, 07: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred c

Fun Day organised by "Handsome Ste"... my a**e it will be organised by officers of the council payed for by council tax payers.

Typical of "The Mob" if the Fat Boy actually spent his own time & money organising the event he could truly say its the Mayors Charity, as it is it`s a council organised do with "Handsome Ste" fronting the show.

Reading the "Council Advert" it strikes me it is a throwback to the old Park Show, so why don`t HBC call it that, instead of pandering to the Fat Boys ego ?

If in any doubt that the event is costing the council tax payers of Hartlepool money why the following.

For more information about the event call Jamie Kelly at Hartlepool Council on 01429 523451.

Press release PRO36505. 12 August 2014.
Issued by Julian Heward, Public Relations Officer, on 01429 523044.

stokoe

mk1

Not a peep out of the fat boys on Twitter though they both gave it a plug. . No photos and no mention since. Pity, I was looking forward to another drunken Barclay pic.  No fawning Mail article either. I reckon it was a disaster............

mk1

Inspector Knacker

I see the dog show was judged by a psychic medium....won't he have known the winner before he got there....?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mk1

Look at the size of SABs legs..............

notenoughsaid

To Riddler5.... I heard the medium had to cancel due to unforeseen circumstances !! Sorry I couldn't resist it. The old ones are the best.

not4me

"We raised £1,150, which is great."

Really? I for one would like to know if this takes into account the amount spent by HBC in promoting this event not to mention how much council officer time. I gather there were some nice, glossy leaflets distributed complete with the HBC logo - designing, printing and distributing those won't have been free. I get the feeling this is far more about self-promotion at tax payers expense than it is supporting charities.

While we're at it. The Mail has some pics of arriving dignitaries from other councils complete with their gold chains. In response, we seem to have Stephen Akers-Belchers dressed in his underwear - does anything more need to be said?

grim reaper

I'd never knock a genuine charity event but these 'events' are just to keep the labour vote, in my opinion.  :P
As alluded to by others, just who paid for the initial setting up, hire of equipment, hire of the 'Rec', public liability insurance etc.?  ::)

I know if I tried to hire the 'Rec' for an event, the council 'elf & safety' suits would drop on me from a great height demanding insurance, security men and after event litter pickers!  :(

The alleged £1,500 takings wouldn't have covered the outgoings!
Still, it is HBC and the scabs. Anything goes.
If it WAS kosher and it was £1,500 AFTER expenses..well done.

mk1

Neither of the dynamic duo have mentioned it since on their twitter feeds. No photos nothing. Other that advance notice it was to be held not a peep. That tells me it was a disaster. The Mail didn't even bother to put up any video footage and went with a few stills. Again that tells me the 'crowd' was small.
In short another vanity event that went ti*ts-up@!

Ted Bass

I'm guessing it was the usual cronies of SAB that attended, the ones that are busy blowing smoke up his a** on Facebook.
The loneliness of the long distance lorry driver