Ged Hall to be de-selected?

Started by DRiddle, August 22, 2014, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

one direction

The trouble is that get rid of him and he'll just be replaced by another politician. It doesn't matter who you vote for, its always a politician who wins! As far as I'm concerned they are all lying, cheating scum, in it for themselves, their ego and what they can get out of it, every single one of them! So it makes no difference if the Labour Party de-select Hall, he's just another politician who lost his grip on the slippery pole.

fred c

Megalomania runs deep within"The Deary Me Leader" he is however starting to run out of Lieutenants within The Mob, even the hardened Mob members will be wondering when the Visionaries Axe will fall on them.

His insecurities are visible for all to see, he must lie awake at night wondering who will be the first to "Stab Him In The Back...... cos sure as eggs are eggs.... it won`t be long before someone does.... the way things are going they can`t afford not to.

craig finton

ah but remember - in twos do they always come  ;)

PostItNote

Ged Hall is one of the worst with his financial background and allowing the council to run so incompetently.  He doesn't even help Robbie Payne who has no clue about finance but who is/was involved in finance for our full council.

Ged also knew about all the stuff at Manor.  I was sorry to hear he was ill a while ago but that is not a reason to wipe the slate clean when the numbers have been added up incorrectly and we pay the price. 

Tommy

Political correctness to the hilt if the rumours are true.

Asian, young (probably the SCABS can control him for now at his age), muslim (not racist BTW as I have the information from a fellow muslim at the Murray Street Mosque), naive, inexperienced.

To be honest and my personal opinion is that if Labour or the SCAB's think he will walk in to a seat within the Burn Valley area, well they could possibly be very wrong.

If the SCABS and indeed the Labour Party wish to play the "Political Correct" card then they should look at doing it in the Grange/Victoria Ward he will no doubt walk it amongst the densely populated Asian residents and businesses.

If the SCABS are keen to let the lad fail in the Burn Valley Ward, well then the residents will no doubt vote for an Independent, PHF Independent or a UKIP Candidate, its certainly a good way of giving the Labour seat away.

steveL

I could be wrong, but I believe that Shay is British and from a family with an Indian background. (British people are people born in Britain and not just the ones with the anaemic skin). He's also, from what I hear, a very polite and well educated young man. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't mind him and his family as neighbours rather than some of the pale skinned, foul-mouthed Neanderthals I have to put up with around here.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Tommy

Hi SteveL, yes you are right about the British part he was born in the UK, but wrong with your thinking that he is an Indian, young Shey is a Pakistani (and the two locally, Indian & Pakistani are miles apart in culture terms). I know Shey is also very polite however you may be wrong about his level (or grade) of education.

I too agree with you SteveL when you say, "As a matter of fact, I wouldn't mind him and his family as neighbours rather than some of the pale skinned, foul-mouthed Neanderthals I have to put up with around here."

mk1

Sounds more like a Bangladeshi but I am no expert.
There is always some friction between the 3 (India, Pakistan & Bangladesh) with the added complication of the Kashmiris!

steveL

Quote from: mk1 on August 22, 2014, 11: PM
Sounds more like a Bangladeshi but I am no expert.
There is always some friction between the 3 (India, Pakistan & Bangladesh) with the added complication of the Kashmiris!

I feel the same way about people who come from 'West'
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

stokoe

SteveL think we are going off topic here.

steveL

lol...yea you're right there.

I wouldn't give up on Hall quite yet. I remember his performance in a radio interview on Radio Tees soon after Drummond threw him and his mates out of the Cabinet; clearly someone prepared to say absolutely anything to slither his way out of a situation. On top of that, CAB is a liability who is only surviving because no one else is willing to pick up the poisoned chalice - if Hall feels threatened then he might well pick it up himself or, more likely, start actively encouraging someone else to do so.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Ah well, they do say that cockroaches can survive a nuclear blast, so the survival of some within the council chamber can surely be guaranteed . . .  ::)

DRiddle

Steve, why do you think there's such a reluctance for someone to launch a challenge from within the Labour group?

People who have a life which is so intrinsically wrapped up in all things 'HBC', must surely be looking at the last 18 months or so and scratching their heads. Probably even tearing their hair out.

The other 'front benchers' must be able to recognise the mess they're in.

Even the most causal observer in a meeting can recognise that the political acumen within the Labour group largely comes from the former member now sat opposite them (Brash).

The ability to meaningfully articulate a response and formulate a coherent debate amongst the current Labour ranks typically comes from Councillor Simmonds.

You get the odd bit of meaningful input from Councillors Jackson, James and Richardson and the other dozen or so are basically mute.

I genuinely and I mean this with all sincerity and not to 'be controversial', don't get it.

I see literally nothing in our council leader which fills me with any degree of confidence in his leadership.

We career from one shambolic mistake to another.

The whole thing is an absolute car crash waiting to happen, yet nobody seems willing to grab hold of the steering wheel and try to avoid it.

Why?