Use it or lose it.

Started by Inspector Knacker, August 13, 2014, 07: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Here we go again....... over the number six bus route. Do these people ever wonder step back and think about their actions....? The number six runs from the north of town to the south of town.....this version requires a paying passenger travelling north to south to change buses thus paying twice what they pay for the same service during the day!
.....I used the bus all the time prior to privatisation... but soon realised that a car was necessary..... regular price increases and tinkering with services made the service unpredictable and unreliable....... a bus service in flux is useless to a person who needs to use it.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

notenoughsaid

Regarding having to pay twice for the same journey compared to day time I used to travel to the Healand regularly from the North of the town which required two busses.   After a chat with a driver he informed of the existence of what he called a transfer ticket  which could be bought for about 60% of the cost of two seperate tickets. It worked when no direct bus was available and the journey had to be made within three quarters of an hour between issue  and boarding the second bus.   Perhaps No6Bus could advise if this still applies.   Could be a money saver for folks as it was for me.

no6bus

Yes transfer tickets are still available, however a cheaper option if making 2 trips or more is normally the day rider ticket at 3.30 or day rider plus which allows you to travel to Middlesbrough is £5